ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Nightmare M.O.T (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/245288-nightmare-m-o-t.html)

DBMSCOOBY99 30 August 2003 07:04 PM

Went to have my M.O.T done this morning. When I got there I was rudely told to move my car as I parked just in front of the garage, thinking it would be easier for them to move the scooby in.

The bloke who owned the garage said "GIVE ME the keys and I will bloody move it!". So I think okay and gave him the keys.

Then I asked him, "How are you going to test the brakes" (bad move) That was it, he went mad and stuffed the key back in my hand and told me to GET OUT of his garage:(. He then proceeded to yell at me. I was a bit bemused at this point. Thinking to my self what the hell did I just say rouge, all I want is my M.O.T done and for you not to f*** up my centre diff.

I walked to my car and he followed me out still shouting and balling. He told me to "piss off and take it to a bloody subaru garage a get them to f***ing M.O.T it, as you don't think I can manage it". I had had enough by this point and started to have ago back. We exchanged a few words then the rude F***er turned round and marched off in to the back room of the garage while I was still talking to him. All I can say is I think that has got to be the rudest person I have ever met.

I then had to drive round High Wycombe and Penn to try and find somewhere to do my M.O.T. But no one could fit me in. I needed to get one before Monday as I need the car for work.

Luckily I phoned a M.O.T garage where they kindly said they would open up early on Monday morning to get my car sorted of the week.

The bit that pissed me off the most was that I going to fit my full Decat to my car this weekend. I have only been waiting 2 month's to put it on :( . But It can wait one more week :).

I can't remember the name of the M.O.T place from this morning but I will find out on Monday. I wouldn't even recommend that garage to my worst enemy.

andrewdelvard 30 August 2003 07:06 PM

Name and shame mate, name and shame.

DBMSCOOBY99 30 August 2003 07:08 PM

Monday Morning M8

NotoriousREV 30 August 2003 09:20 PM

I'd have gone after him into his back office and then bounced every tool in the place off his head and then given him a lesson in how not to use air tools. But thats just me.

Scratch 30 August 2003 11:39 PM

Yeah good idea, attack the guy. . . . . I don't think !

Then watch as he throws the tools back at your car !

wanted 30 August 2003 11:55 PM

Might not be the best idea, but to be honest i would have cracked him a f#ck#r aswell.

( R6 CDW ) 31 August 2003 12:58 AM

DIKCHEAD! The scoobs to hard for him

Scoobydick 31 August 2003 01:10 AM

By my calculations, if each of the 30 000 Scoobynet members rings this guy to book an MOT for an Impreza and then fails to show up, he is going to be pretty annoyed by the end of the week :D

DBMSCOOBY99 31 August 2003 01:22 AM

Scoobydick I like the sound of that. That would teach that t**t a lesson.

RichiW 31 August 2003 03:54 AM

eh? Why wait til Monday to name the guy???

NACRO 31 August 2003 06:05 AM

I would have just laughed in his face.............then gone somewhere else.

Stuart Knight 31 August 2003 08:13 AM

DBMScooby, I know an MOT station v close to High Wycombe where the owner has a Subaru, and isn't too fussy about decatted exhausts, if you know what I mean ;)

wakeboardar 31 August 2003 09:11 AM

would have knocked him out

Phil WRX 01 31 August 2003 09:22 AM

He was probably waiting for an excuse not to MOT ur scooby any way reason being that if it did need anything doing in order for it pass he would not have had a fookin clue what to do .

Leslie 31 August 2003 09:45 AM

Maybe he was having a "bad hair" day, but that is no excuse for such behaviour. Maybe your local Trading Standards would be interested. Or a letter to the local paper.

Les :(

DBMSCOOBY99 31 August 2003 10:22 AM

Thanks Guys/Gals

I'm really not a violent type, all I wanted was my M.O.T sorted.

But I do believe in pay back. Mister attitude will be repaid and maybe he will think again about speaking to someone like that again. :)

Don't worry I will be naming and shaming the place on Monday.
I would have done it yesterday but me being a pee brain can't remember the name. :)

AlanG 31 August 2003 10:36 AM

Went to have my M.O.T done this morning. When I got there I was rudely told to move my car as I parked just in front of the garage, thinking it would be easier for them to move the scooby in.

The bloke who owned the garage said "GIVE ME the keys and I will bloody move it!". So I think okay and gave him the keys.
Sorry. Don't get it. :(

Reading this i reckon there's more to the story than meets the eye.

There's always two sides to the tale and i just cannot believe what was written in the first post has every detail included.
I ain't havin' a pop at you and if it is indeed true, then at the point of asking you to give him the keys and he'll move it, i would have stopped the situation there and then and politely refused to carry on any further.

Nobody... and i mean nobody is going to treat me like a piece of **** on their shoes no matter what the situation unless justified, hence my comments.

Alan :confused:

7 Foot 31 August 2003 10:42 AM

Stuart Knight - YHM

DBMSCOOBY99 31 August 2003 10:55 AM

Hi Alan

That is how I remember it. The husband and wife how worked there had a bit of a attitude problem as you can see from the first post.

When I when to book the car in for its M.O.T on Wednesday his wife seemed very grouchy, but I thought it must have been a bad hair day. But she was in the same mood on Saturday morning.

The only reason I gave my keys to him was I just wanted to get my M.O.T over and done with.

But this is a bit of a strange post. But you did have to be there to believe it.

MGJohn 31 August 2003 10:57 AM

So Basil Fawlty runs an MoT Testing garage now ....... :D

There's plenty of MoT places about which do provide good advice and at reasonable cost. When you find one, stick to it and compliment them when a good job is well done. Works wonders to build up a good relationship with an MoT station in this way. I've used the same one for nearly ten years now for all my family's cars.

DBMSCOOBY99 31 August 2003 11:07 AM

MGjohn LOL

You've hit the nail on the head mate (Basil Fawlty) lol

Only thing Basil Fawlty was funny.

AlanG 31 August 2003 12:36 PM

DBMSCOOBY99

If this is the case ( and i'm inclined to believe you), then i think it's a blessing in disguise.

You can bet your bottom dollar they would have found something wrong with the car which would have been a borderline case as to whether it would have passed or failed and it would have been a fail to get some more money out of you.

The thing is, MOT's are quite profitable for the time spent and monies charged, so can only assume things aren't going to well at that particular outfit.

Advice would be to look around and gauge reaction, but i get the feeling your MOT was a bit of a... *distress*... purchase i.e. You needed one done ...yesterday...

Cheers

Alan :cool:

Boro 31 August 2003 12:54 PM

MOT's profitable? Not if they pass. The only profit in MOT's is if they fail and need work done. Hence, this guy probably knew if it DID fail and it needed work, he wouldnt be able to do it.

Personally, i would ring your local Vehicle Inspectorate (might be called something else now) and report him.

If your feeling "really" evil. This is the ultimate REVENGE!

Its VI policy for the MOT to be carried out by TWO people but this rarely happens. Get a camcorder and video a couple of MOT's being carried out and send it to the VI ;) He could have his MOT priviledges revoked. I would!!!