ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   does your mutt like your scoob? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/243097-does-your-mutt-like-your-scoob.html)

floppy dave 23 August 2003 07:31 PM

hay all, justa simple question really?

how do you all find taking your dogs out in the cars? do have have a bit of a grumble about the exhaust or do they just sit down and enjoy the ride/.?

the reason i ask is me and the mrs are lookin to get a pooch and there is no way in this earth that i want to have to tke off my HKS hyper/! any comments gratefully recieved

all the best floppy

talizman 23 August 2003 08:49 PM

If he doesn't like being in the car, then tie him to the tow-bar!

Joking

:D

Brush 24 August 2003 12:26 PM

I've got a Greyhound and a Lurcher - neither feel at home in the WRX so have bought them a Subaru Outback for greater comfort. They love it. Suggest a similar approach?

Toonman1 24 August 2003 01:19 PM

We've got a Labrador and he loves being in either car. Happy to sit in the passenger footwell of my 02 WRX PPP, or in the hatch area of my Wife's 03 GX Sportswagon. The Cat hates both cars... :rolleyes:

Brett P1 24 August 2003 01:23 PM

Get a grip men..! leave the hound at home. They only slobber all over the windows and get hairs everywhere..! (and thats only the missus);-)

Alas 24 August 2003 02:57 PM

Wedges his ar*e between the wheel arch and the back and is as happy as a pig in sh*t. MY97 wagon. loves even going down the shop in it.
Thinks the car is his space and if anyone goes near the back he goes mad. And as he's about 9stone with teeth like tombstones it can be quite frightening.
Alas

floppy dave 24 August 2003 03:04 PM

just gettin the general impression, im soon to be gettin a police germen sheperd, fully trained. so behavoir aint gonna be a problem but.... im thinkin that the type r aint the most dog friendly is it and maybe im gonna have to go for a wagon?

anyone else that takes them in a type r or saloon?:D

Alas 24 August 2003 03:17 PM

Don't know about saloon but the wife took mine out in the Z3 when i had the wagon on business the other week. Says it was hilarious when she pulled up at the lights and guy in the car beside her looks across and comes face to face with psycho dog sitting in the passenger seat. Says she wished she had a camera.
Alas

catalunya199 24 August 2003 03:23 PM

got a bulldog and to start with he was scared as he is a pup but he lives with it now loves to look at other drivers https://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Buzzer.gif

PeteT 24 August 2003 04:26 PM

My lurcher is fine in the back of my MY00 UK spec saloon. I've got one of those foam backed seat covers from Overthetop Textiles which keeps most of the hairs off the seat and as long as she stays lying down through the twisties she doesn't get thrown about too much.
I certainly wouldn't change your car, dogs are very adaptable, there's a farmer round our way who regularly rides round with three collies on the rear rack of his quad :eek:

smellyvag 24 August 2003 05:07 PM

My girlfriend loves it..................... :) :) :) :)

hedgehog 24 August 2003 06:32 PM

Some dogs seem to hate cars, but it doesn't matter which car, they just hate any car. If you are getting a pup then you will have the advantage of being able to get it used to the car. I had a spanial who was in the car all the time as a pup. He didn't love it or hate it, it was just somewhere else for him to do more sleeping :-) On the other hand I had a jack russell who was never in the car as a pup, she came to us later in life, and she hated cars and made such a fuss.
One bit of advice I will give is never to let the dog drive, it always seems like a good idea at the time but, trust me, it will end in tears. Oh, and another thing, if you get a speeding ticket never fill it in to say that the dog was driving, that doesn't work well either and the dog will get back at you for it.

r 24 August 2003 11:14 PM

my dogs bark like f--k when i pull up on the drive!
but both love it,head out of the windows breathing all those smells etc,slobbering down the side of my car! :)