ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What games duya play on the motorway? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/242462-what-games-duya-play-on-the-motorway.html)

Gridlock Mikey 21 August 2003 04:46 PM

One of my favorites is being on the inside or middle lane and let a decent gap open infront of you, wait until a car is almost level and then accelerate :D:D:D:D:D:D:D then bleed off the throttle and if space (and it's safe!) let them catch up and do it again.

Most people it doesn't bother and you get thumbs up etc, but the following hate it:

White Van Man
BMW driving sales manager types
Boy friends trying to impress girlfriend in most TT's

These people love it:

Cars with just women in them
Bored mondeo/vectra sales reps
Blokes two up in summat Max powered up
Other scoobs
Any other performance car

Just a game and remember the speed limit and keep ya distance ;)

Mikey :cool: <been playing this game for 3 years and never endangered a soul>

TelBoy 21 August 2003 05:07 PM

Sadly (but no surprise to those who know my love of words!), i try and rearrange all the letters in a number plate to make the shortest word i can (ie adding as few additional letters as possible if there isn't already a word there).

Well it keeps me occupied! :p

Badger Stuffer 21 August 2003 05:11 PM

TB..........Do you spot the errors on billboards too?

:D

RichWalk 21 August 2003 05:13 PM

Chess, it takes my mind of the raod for a while.

paulr 21 August 2003 05:16 PM

I'm reading the Roy Keane book at the moment,only in the slow lane though,slow down to around 50.

Dracoro 21 August 2003 05:19 PM

I tie some string to the steering wheel and clamp a stick to the throttle & have a kip in the back.

druddle 21 August 2003 05:20 PM

Spot the fit bird is a favourite of mine....

SiDHEaD 21 August 2003 06:15 PM

I play "sh!t late for work, rush, rush, rush"

Spose i could get the laptop out and play half-life :D

Andy

[Edited by SiDHEaD - 8/21/2003 6:16:31 PM]

Luke 21 August 2003 06:20 PM

Dracoro

Classic!!

NACRO 21 August 2003 06:23 PM

That's class gridlock, also a great way to liven up the day by inducing some road rage in the other driver! (I am joking- road rage is bad)

Freak 21 August 2003 06:25 PM

I find a game of twister helps relieve the boredom....

Bit dicey when approaching a tailback tho....
;)

Tiggs 21 August 2003 06:34 PM

i play spotacock, you wait till you drive past a maxed up jap taxi then see if he shoots off ahead of you. if he does you shout "i spot one"

T

NACRO 21 August 2003 06:35 PM

quote: "you drive past a maxed up jap taxi"

What kind of car could that be?

Tiggs 21 August 2003 07:00 PM

"What kind of car could that be? "

anything from japan, like a german taxi is anything from germany and brit sports car is a sports car from britain and so on....

Gordo 21 August 2003 07:33 PM

I like to have a tug :)

Tim-Grove 21 August 2003 07:36 PM

I fall into the White Van (3.5 ton LDV) Man category. My favourite motorway game is the “Mirror Signal Manoeuvre” game. The game consists 3 parts-

1, looking in wing mirror and confirming that other (unknowing) competitor is smaller than me (e.g. car).

2, Switch on indicator to inform opponent your coming over.

3, after a generous two or three blinks of your indicator pull in front your opponent just fast enough they don’t have time to move out of the way but no so fast you roll the van.

You gain extra points for the speed of the manoeuvre 90mph being maximum points. You can also gain points for the reaction of you opponent, two fingers up being the bottom of the point scoring scale and full blown pull over now road rage being maximum points. Bonus points may also be obtained if the distance from your back bumper and opponent’s front bumper is as small as possible.

Quite a wholesome and educational game you must agree:D:D.

Dazza012 21 August 2003 07:56 PM

Feck me, a white van man who knows where his indicators are.....

edited cos i forgot the H out of his, and i know Telboy will abuse me for it.........again lol

[Edited by Dazza012 - 8/21/2003 7:59:27 PM]

TelBoy 21 August 2003 08:37 PM

Don't think i ain't watching!! :p

Duck_Pond 21 August 2003 09:00 PM

We normally play hide and seek.

LG John 21 August 2003 09:15 PM

I like to snack and eat the paper while I drive. Sometimes I put a stick on the throttle and rest my feet on the dash :rolleyes:

Actually, I concentrate on driving like everyone should :eek: :D

ianmiller999 21 August 2003 09:19 PM

Eddie Stobart game.....

mj 21 August 2003 09:30 PM

Ian,

Eddie Stobart is Sooooooooooooo passe'...

I'm a Norbert Dentressangle spotter myself.

Mikey - this is a wind up - there was some loon posted the same crap a while back in general - and he got a mega slating for it.

Fuzz 21 August 2003 10:25 PM

Totally PMSL @ Tim Grove.

My favourite is a number counting game.

looking at Number plates,
Starting at the Number 1 (usaully difficult to get going til you get to about ten then it's easy...

Andy

supertouring 21 August 2003 10:34 PM

I play tag with the other cars;)

Marky-San 21 August 2003 10:47 PM

I take the letters of a the car reg - like last 3 usually....

FFS....For Feck Sake
SHS....She Has Syphillis
TCP....Three Car Prang
BMW....KNOB
CNT....phonetically speaking correct :) - usually a taxi.
POLICE..Please Obey Largely Inflated Cop Ego's
........and so on and so forth.

You can get some real crackers which are always sexually orientated for some reason?

Dazza012 21 August 2003 10:48 PM

so do i,
dob ur on...........

NotoriousREV 21 August 2003 11:09 PM

I play a game called "See the gap, be the gap".

The idea is that when you're leaving the motorway, you leave it as late as possible before entering the slip road.

This must be done without carving other road users up and you must also avoid the hatched area of the road.

Maximum points are awarded for being able to move from Lane 3 to the slip road in one easy movement (25 points) however missing your junction entirely is -100 points.

You must be driving with correct lane discipline, i.e. in the left-most lane unless overtaking otherwise your points don't count.

Basically "See the gap" is where you identify the gap in traffic you will use, "Be the gap" is where you slot into it and the advanced version of the game is called "make the gap" which is what happens when you can't "see the gap" or "be the gap" and involves slotting nicely in between 2 cars when the space is only slightly larger than your own car, but this is only for the experienced "gapper". ;)

paulr 21 August 2003 11:09 PM

But Drac.......how do you manage curves in the road?

bloke 22 August 2003 12:03 AM

TelBoy...

Sadly (but no surprise to those who know my love of words!), i try and rearrange all the letters in a number plate to make the shortest word i can (ie adding as few additional letters as possible if there isn't already a word there).
Oh dear...me too. Maybe we should have a competition a la Countdown one day :rolleyes::D

*Sonic* 22 August 2003 12:09 AM

NotoriousRev

that is more commonly known as the Salesman Sweep

on the 100 yard marker when in the outside lane, thats when you make your exit off the motorway :)