ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How the hell can this be allowed in the 21st Century? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/237543-how-the-hell-can-this-be-allowed-in-the-21st-century.html)

Spoon 08 June 2003 02:13 PM

[Edited by Spoon - 8/6/2003 2:27:40 PM]

chaos. 08 June 2003 02:51 PM

If you think that was painful,, you've seen nothin yet, son.

Em, didn't risk opening the link, but judjing by the URL not on this BBS mate....

[Edited by Diablo - 8/6/2003 2:54:38 PM]

TheCarpetCleaner 06 August 2003 02:10 PM

We've got a girl here who moved to the UK from Africa, apparently there is something called female cicumcision they do there

She was telling me what goes on, f*cking hell even the CarpetCleaner was shocked

To much to post but it sounds barbaric

Andy486 06 August 2003 02:11 PM

Saw a documentary on this once. Even as a bloke it brought a tear to my eye.

TheCarpetCleaner 06 August 2003 02:12 PM

you're not kidding!!!

jeeez

I was told it's to stop the woman getting any pleasure out of sex, why?

TelBoy 06 August 2003 02:15 PM

Custom/tradition/pagan beliefs - call it what you will.

Barbaric by any other name.

Holy Ghost 06 August 2003 02:19 PM

CC

no pleasure from sex = little chance of adultery and children conceived by another man.

that's not all; just to be sure, it often also involves sewing up the labia majora, leaving just a small hole to pee through. needless to say, that means awful infections and a permanent state of great pain.

one "ethnic" custom that is utterly and totally intolerable.

RichWalk 06 August 2003 02:20 PM

Lovely topic, have a look at the Vietnam war stuff, Viet women used to put razor blades inside themselves in case they got raped by the Yanks!!

Nice world we live in.

TheCarpetCleaner 06 August 2003 02:20 PM

for anyone that doesn't know according to this woman some witch doctor type takes a knife to the genitals and literally cuts off certain parts

****ing ell as you can see I am totally gobsmacked

it must hurt like the living hell too, like I say I am in shock

Andy486 06 August 2003 02:21 PM

Rusty knife too no doubt.

TheCarpetCleaner 06 August 2003 02:22 PM

yeah she said lots of infection ect etc

things is when giving the bird one half the pleasure is knowing you are giving her pleasure

no clitoris means no pleasure?

boxst 06 August 2003 02:23 PM

Hello

Indeed a barbaric thing to do.

Makes sex more pleasurable for the man (supposedly) as things beomce "tighter". But it's done with a nasty metal hook without Anaesetic and takes ages to heal. Some people bleed to death, others get an infection and die from that.

Have a read http://hamp.hampshire.edu/~mnbF94/clitorectomy.html

Steve.

esmerelda9920750 06 August 2003 02:23 PM

this is done to babies who are two or three days old, the child grows up with what has been done, certain religious beliefs in thrird world countries insist that this operation is carried out. sadly it has been in use for centuries, the people who believe in this way of preserving a girls virginity kno no better because they are doing what their forfathers have done, sad i kno but i imagine that they would probably find some of the things that we as 'civilised' countries do to each other barbaric

Andy486 06 August 2003 02:24 PM

CC, don't know how you can even think about it after Rich's razor blade comment. Not related, I know, but ow ow ow.

Peanuts 06 August 2003 02:28 PM

telegraph today
Amnesty int.

not on really...:(

Holy Ghost 06 August 2003 02:29 PM

esmerelda

can't think of one single example that compares.

pugoetru 06 August 2003 03:11 PM

and we think weve got it bad!

Drunken Bungle Whore 06 August 2003 04:04 PM

My previous next door neighbour was a nurse/ midwife. She was taking an additional degree and I offered to type up her thesis for her.

I didn't know the subject was female circumsicion until I started. :eek:

It's fecking dreadful - and trust me, I've seen all the medical details. :(

Typed the whole thing with my legs crossed.

beemerboy 06 August 2003 04:21 PM

Oi CC, i thought a better tactic africans can employ, would be a thirty second session from you, that would deny them any pleasure automatically and give them a good laugh at the same time LOL.

this thread had me clutching the old goolies and being thankful!!!

regards

BB:)

Katana 06 August 2003 05:31 PM

Something to stop women from cheating you say? I guess I'm all for it then..

Chris L 06 August 2003 06:12 PM

Katana

Sometimes you have all the tact and understanding of a housebrick chucked through your windscreen :rolleyes:

J4CKO 06 August 2003 07:17 PM

I would be happy to be proved wrong but religion seems to cause more problems than it solves, I think its just men justifying their actions, bloody tragic.

Aadvark69 06 August 2003 10:28 PM

There was a very graphic program about this on Channel Four last year. Unfortunately it had to be heavily censored, one person at work reported that they had "cut out all the good bits". :(

bigsinky 07 August 2003 09:30 AM

Katana

Having been on the other end of a cheating wife, i would not wish this on any women. but you do have freedom of speech and i respect your opinion albeit one i find totally offensive.

cheers

sinky

Mice_Elf 07 August 2003 10:56 AM

In this instance, Katana has his reasons for saying what he did. It was not meant blithely.

Mice_Elf 07 August 2003 10:58 AM

It's not something I'd wish on anyone - to be cut up with dull blades, no anaesthetic and a life of constant pain and torment afterwards.

As well as the fact that when finally married and the marriage consumated, the husband literally rips his way in as the hole left is just big enough to excrete liquid waste and nothing else.

POC 07 August 2003 12:47 PM

There was a very graphic program about this on Channel Four last year. Unfortunately it had to be heavily censored, one person at work reported that they had "cut out all the good bits".
LMFAO :D :D :D :D

Markus 07 August 2003 01:58 PM

It does amaze me that this kind of practice is still allowed. No matter what the reason for doing it, it's still mutilation of the highest order and should not be allowed. If I was to do this to a girl I'd be persecuted on high for all eternity, but as it's done in the name of religion, oh, it's fine and dandy. grrrr.