ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Getting rid of the smell of smoke in a room (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/237529-getting-rid-of-the-smell-of-smoke-in-a-room.html)

iain atkins 08 June 2003 01:31 PM

Some of those 'Glade' plug in thingys, whack em up to 'max' and get say 3 or 4 of the blighters!! (the ones with the little bottle of potion that you click in

Iain

[Edited by iain atkins - 8/6/2003 1:32:39 PM]

Little Miss WRX 08 June 2003 01:38 PM

I'll have a go with the Ambi-pure ones, but I don't see why we should fork out so much trying to make the room smell better when the cause of the problem is still defying the house rules!!!!

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 8/6/2003 1:39:25 PM]

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 01:29 PM

One room in the house is in need of fumigating IMHO, it reeks of stale smoke and is just fecking nasty.

The house will be sold soon and obviously it will not be a good thing for it to smell the way it does.
The carpets are going to be steam cleaned soon and again when the house goes on the market.

Febreze doesn't seem to be shifting the smell much, though the fact that the thing residing in the room persists in smoking in the room when told not to and told the reasons why!!!!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Markus 06 August 2003 01:32 PM

hmm, was going to suggest frebreeze. Hey you could squirt it over the thing that is smoking, might work, or at least persuade it not to smoke in that room.

How about a brace of glad plug in air freshener things in all the plug sockets in the room, plus frebreeze? might work.

Freak 06 August 2003 01:33 PM

Spend £50 on some magic trees

;)
:D

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 01:33 PM

We have them all around the house, I found them ineffective. :( Even the anti-tobacco ones. :(

Cheers for the suggestion. :)

RichWalk 06 August 2003 01:34 PM

obvious, sell it to people who smoke

iain atkins 06 August 2003 01:35 PM

Or you could supply gas masks to prospective buyers LOL

Or whenever the smoking one lights up, squirt them with a watergun!!

'Ello Markus :)

TelBoy 06 August 2003 01:35 PM

Get another fiance...??

<only joking!! ;) :D>

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 01:35 PM

Removing the thing that smokes full stop would be the best option, but I won't go there. :rolleyes: It drives me mad just thinking about it. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

At the moment, a shed load of Febreze has gone over the carpet, chairs and beds......as well as a scented candle with a couple of air fresheners. Nothing seems to be working!!!!

My brother is stopping over here and has been sleeping in that room, I find it damn rude that this person has continued to smoke in the room, making the area where my brother sleeps stink, making all is clothes stink......[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 01:36 PM

Tel, it isn't him who is the culprit!

esmerelda9920750 06 August 2003 01:37 PM

ambi-pure are stronger than glade plug-ins, i use them on full setting in the house and office...heavy smoking office too...and smells sweetly all day and night

they are more expensive than glades but they do work better

Katana 06 August 2003 01:39 PM

Burn the house down. The smell of smoke will dissapear..

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 01:42 PM

Burn the house down......hmmmm....chances of firemen interaction......tempting......

esmerelda9920750 06 August 2003 01:50 PM

simple answer to defying house rules...either evict culprit or better still throw bucket of freezing cold water over it each time it lights up

Markus 06 August 2003 01:55 PM

ello Iain.

hmm, tried vanilla smelly things? candles, or odor remover stuff?

have a look at this

scoob_babe 06 August 2003 02:11 PM

try a saucer of vinegar left out to absorb it.
Its worked before but haven't tried it out on a persistantly rude person ;)

Spoon 06 August 2003 02:15 PM

Just dump in all 4 corners of the room, sorted, no stale smoke smell!!

Holy Ghost 06 August 2003 02:21 PM

joss sticks??

BMW bikes 06 August 2003 02:22 PM

Instant coffee all over the place for a few days then hoover up shake and vac style. Leave it in bowls around the room as well.

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 02:40 PM

Thanks for the ideas guys, a very harsh word was said a little earlier on and hopefully the cause has been stifled. Now we can concentrate on eradicating the smell without worry of re-occurence and the house sale can start to be thought about with one less thing to worry about.

Will do some shopping for more smelly things. :D

Brendan Hughes 06 August 2003 03:13 PM

Chelle, you're taking the advice wrong.

Joss-sticks, fabreeze, ambi-pur - yes, buy them all, but don't leave them just anywhere in the room, their positioning in the room is crucial. They have to be all inserted deeply and forcefully into the mouth of the smoker.

After that, leave the windows open for a few days, it'll smell fine:)

Little Miss WRX 06 August 2003 03:20 PM

LOL :D I am sorely tempted. :D

InvisibleMan 06 August 2003 03:59 PM

get a tin of "PrepRite ProBlock Primer Sealer" which is good for blocking in smoke odours & pour it over the culprit :D