ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Just bought an 03 WRX (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/236396-just-bought-an-03-wrx.html)

Chris_O 02 August 2003 06:15 PM

Well, i've just bought a MY03 WRX in WR blue, it's totally standard spec except for the tracker, and i'm pretty chuffed. It's an ex demonstrator, so it's got 5k miles on it.

All i need to dow now is sell the CTR and i pick the new one up on thursday.

heh heh, i've wanted a scoob for years.

Chris

Boro 02 August 2003 06:16 PM

Well done Chris_O :cool:

Enjoy :D

Pyrocam999 02 August 2003 06:17 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D

Toonman1 02 August 2003 06:49 PM

Enjoy Chris.

Cheers

Chris_O 02 August 2003 06:53 PM

yeah, it should be excellent. I'm well looking forward to it.

MadMark 03 August 2003 10:41 AM

I sold my CTR for a Scoob - best thing I ever did - enjoy!!

Little Miss WRX 03 August 2003 10:43 AM

Nice one. :D:D:D:D:D:D

hendrixtwin 03 August 2003 11:20 AM

If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the car? I am probably looking for a demo one soon so an idea how much to pay would be usefull.

Lanes 03 August 2003 02:30 PM

hendrixtwin, there's a nice MY 03demo in Bedford for sale #18,995 inc a few extra's......

DJ140 03 August 2003 06:52 PM

Great choice Chris, have you booked it in for PPP yet?!

It's the best £1600 I've spent, plenty of grief from the wife, but she's okay with the extra noise now and loves the power.

Dan

Chris_O 04 August 2003 12:01 AM

nah mate, i had a budget which i ended up going over to buy the car and it'll be a wee while before i've saved the cash for the PPP.
I tend to get a bit bored with stuff quickly so not having the PP means it's a target to aim for, of course, in the meantime i want my side skirts painted up in WR blue and the missus is determined to get gold wheels on the motor.

I also want a new spoiler, like the STi one, the one that's on teh car is too small.

I've been getting a bit wound up by some of my mates who keep calling me a boy racer for getting the scoob. Jealousy is a nasty thing :-)

[Edited by Chris_O - 8/4/2003 12:03:56 AM]

newbie_scoobie 04 August 2003 10:05 AM

snap...we should meet up n make ppl jealous!

I'm going to go for the PPP after 1k mls I think...everyone seems to be doing it so why not?!
Any reasons for keeping it real and not going for the extra ooooomph?

Col

Davestamf 04 August 2003 10:07 AM

I reckon it's a good idea to hang back with PPP for a while, even if you can afford it. The regular WRX performance is hot enough for most, and it should take at least 6 months to become so familiar that you'd need a change, so then you can upgrade and feel like you're just starting out with a new machine.

Chris_O 04 August 2003 11:30 AM

when i was test driving the car the dealer said that he'd reccomend hanging fire with the PP until i get used to the car. He actually said that the performance and handling in a stock WRX were so good that most people would never need to change it anyway. He pretty much said, give it 6 months, if you feel the need for more grunt, get a PPP , if not leave it.

So, i'll leave it for just now and get it done later.

One thig i really want done ASAP, is the new spoiler and to get the side skirts painted WR blue to match the car. Anyone know a decent paint place in glasgow???

kentscooby2 04 August 2003 12:11 PM

yup - wait for 6 months before PPP is the sensible advice

BUT - it's soooo great that I'm glad I had it done @ 1000 mile svc.
The noise is truy bootfiful, and pulls like a train from 2500rpm.

Why wait 6months if it's such a joy?! Sensible - HUH! What's sensible about a Scoob (apart from my towbar)

newbie_scoobie 04 August 2003 12:38 PM

Chris_O
Please keep me informed, I fancy getting the sills painted too..maybe we can gang up on them and get a discount! I am around the Glasgow area...wherever.
I'm 'humming and hawing' over the move from the subtle approach back end to a tasty 'handle bar'. Looks as easy as a few bolts and a pop-in connection for the 'leccy. Has anyone taken on this wee jobbie before? Are there any seals to burst or holes to be made? If so I'm going to leave it. If not, I will go for it!
Can someone give me some 'Haynes manual' type tips! :-)
Will I be able to flog the old bit? If I can, double bonus!!!!

Col

Chris_O 04 August 2003 01:19 PM

Col,

it sounds like we're pretty much on the same track.
PPP, Body coloured side skirts and a STi style rear wing.
I'll keep you informed if i'm going to get anything done and we can try and blag a discount.
There's a place down in south street in glasgow who do paint work, there meant to be pretty good and not too expensive. A couple of years ago they quoted my £400 to do a full respray on my MX-5. I never actually got the job done as the missus crashed the car shortly after and we had to spend the moeney fixing it. Anyway, i've seen a few mini's they've painted and they did look pretty good.
i'm not sure where i'm going to manage to get the wheels turned gold though.

One of the reasons i'm delaying the PPP is that i've spent all my cash on the car. Maybe if the family is nice to me for my birthday and chrimbo i'll have a wee bit saved up for it ;-)