ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is my new scoob dead? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/233749-is-my-new-scoob-dead.html)

scoobyscraggle 25 July 2003 08:09 PM

Picked up my STi 4 yesterday, done about 10 miles now got a loud rattle under the bonnet.

Am I bloody distraught or what.

The guy seemed on the level. Told me had some engine work done last month for overheating - new cylinder head, stripped down, heads skimmed, deck blocked + new head gaskets.

DOn't know if I've just been feking unlucky or plan blind.

I guess if I can tie these problems with the recent engine work done I should have some compensation under warranty.

Anyone any suggestions? I feel pretty low

The rattle is on tick over/revs hot /cold.

dnb 25 July 2003 08:20 PM

Only the slim hope that it could be something like heat shields vibrating. :(

There's quite a few Scoob owners in the Horsham area that kick around here, so with a bit of luck, you can get some first hand advice.

donutman 25 July 2003 08:42 PM

i know how you feel mine went after 11 days. was it a dealer or private?

Inforcer 25 July 2003 09:27 PM

fook me take it back and kick ass! Lee & Lance job or what!
was it repaired or not! Quote hello trading standards muppet mechanic @ muppets-r-us garage sponsered by H Enfield
wtf more info reg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you get it sorted.

Luke 25 July 2003 09:49 PM

So you had it checked by a scooby pro before you bought it?????????????????????

paulwrxboro 25 July 2003 11:36 PM

take it back you want cash back if it was private take some big lads with you and dont take no for an anser

paulwrxboro 25 July 2003 11:37 PM

take it back you want cash back if it was private take some big lads with you and dont take no for an anser

greasemonkey 26 July 2003 12:18 AM

This sounds familiar. Did you ask the guy what having the "deck blocked" meant, or get someone who knows these cars to have a look at it?

First thing you need to establish is exactly where the noise is coming from. It could be nothing more threatening than a loose heatshield, but either way you need to be sure ASAP.

Could also be worth asking to see if there's an experienced Scoobynetter in your neck of the woods who's willing to have a gander at it for you.

scoobyscraggle 26 July 2003 07:04 AM

My guy I took been a top mechanic for years, but not a Scoob expert.

Have to say there was absolutely nothing to suggest anything wrong before I bought.

My solicitor says because he's declared all the work & not hidden anything at the point of sale I have no comeback.

I've heard the guy at Rivett Autos not far from me is worth a call.
I suppose if he could take a listen & atribute the problem with the work the garage performed I could have a case with the garage.

It's hard to stay optimistic, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Leslie 26 July 2003 09:05 AM

Sorry about your problem, there is no way anyone can diagnose it from a distance so we can only hope it will be a minor hitch.

Les

Richard Askew 26 July 2003 09:30 AM

Speak to Mike at Rivett Auto's

scoobyscraggle 26 July 2003 11:52 AM

Thanks all.

Mike from rivett is coming out to take a look on Monday.

This forum makes me feel I'm not alone so a big thanks for your posts.

When I know the damage I'll post a new thread.

Cheers!!!