ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Looking for a new wrx (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/233694-looking-for-a-new-wrx.html)

wateryGrave 25 July 2003 05:17 PM

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a new WRX. Off to see what the dealer has to offer tomorrow, but found a few other quotes on the web. Wondered what people think of these:

Trade sales:

WRX Import (not UK spec) £16599
No subaru warranty (3yrs warranty for £300 - warranty holdings)
Total price including warranty, tax, etc £17k

Dacar imports UK:

WRX UK spec: £16959.68
Price includes full subaru warranty (3 yrs), tax

The dacar price seems too good to be true. Has anyone dealt with them before?

Cheers

TonyBurns 25 July 2003 06:48 PM

Never delt with them, but if you hear the words "warranty holdings" dont expect alot if something goes wrong as they are not very highly regarded (and they put limits on the ammount they will pay for [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] )

Tony:D

The Zohan 25 July 2003 07:13 PM

I would go for the one with the Subaru Warranty, not had a problem with claiming on mine ever.

although it says UK spec check to see it has an alarm and immobiser.

price seems good mind

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 7/25/2003 7:14:10 PM]

wateryGrave 26 July 2003 09:47 AM

Thanks, it was the warranty thing that was my main concern.

hendrixtwin 26 July 2003 11:34 AM

Is the price from dacar dependant on the exchange rate? Do they have these cars in stock?

corradoboy 26 July 2003 03:49 PM

If you're looking at imports here's a few tips.

Make sure they're full UK spec (grey area on seats (airbags)-confirm with insurer before buying) and from the EU. Some European cars are from non EU countries and IM/SubUK will not warranty them. Beware of Cyprus cars (Motorpoint?), rumours of underseal issues (someone else confirm). Most import companies advertise their prices at an average exchange rate of around 1.57, the current rate of 1.41 means a price nearer £18.5k, factor in fitting alarm and residuals later and they are a bad idea at the mo'. Wait for the rate to improve, if it ever will or buy a UK. Also, if you're thinking of upgrading to PPP, it must be done in the original country of purchase, so either find an importer who can fit it predelivery, or you'll be facing a trip to Belgium. You could possibly buy the parts second hand on here and get a UK dealer to fit them (2 hrs labour or so) and I "think" this would be OK as they are warrantied parts fitted by dealer.

Hope this helps (and I've got my facts right ?).

corradoboy 26 July 2003 03:58 PM

Forgot to add, acouple of companies respected on here are

Litchfield
Emporer
Well Lane

Good luck.

jusb 26 July 2003 07:13 PM

I have been told that any WRX coming from EU even though it is said to be uk spec will not have airbags in the seats

slasha 26 July 2003 08:58 PM

You should be able to get a WRX from a UK main dealer for around £18,600 anyway. Add ppp and you can go and play with £40k M3's for half the price and not look like a drug dealer!(gosh what have i said)