ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   ***** Subaru Impreza Extreme ***** (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/232129-subaru-impreza-extreme.html)

Ricky 21 July 2003 06:03 PM

Just been flicking through this weeks Auto Express, and in the section where it tells you what new cars are going to be released and when, it states that there is going to be a Subaru Impreza Extreme released in December of this year. Have never heard it mentioned on here before..... Anybody know anything about it ?

Ricky !

PeteD 21 July 2003 06:06 PM

Only heard of an Evo Xtreme :(

greasemonkey 21 July 2003 06:10 PM

SIAL

<yawn>

MJW 21 July 2003 06:21 PM

Isn't Auto Express the 'National Inquirer' or 'Daily Sport' of the auto press ?

greasemonkey 21 July 2003 06:29 PM

Seems to be getting that way, yes :rolleyes:

drb5 21 July 2003 06:35 PM

i put a thread up in scotland a while ago about it. subaru once released this beast of an impreza in'99 i think it was. fcukin ugly lookin thing, try search to find my thread. it may be another one they'r egonna release mind you. get you see a pic of it?

justing 21 July 2003 08:14 PM

Maybe they mean the one they had a few weeks back in auto express ,it was same as the rally car ish but 4 the road .

greasemonkey 21 July 2003 08:23 PM

Justing, the one pictured in AE the other week was a rally car with the graphics and some of the cage Photoshopped out. It's getting a bit boring now :rolleyes: ;)

Ricky 22 July 2003 02:59 PM

So no-body has ever heard of it then ? I know Auto-express are sometimes a little bold with their claims, and indeed some of the pictures they print of new cars certainly get the mind going, but they are not usually far away with whats going to be released. After all they havent posted any pictures of what this new car is going to be like, and havent made any claims except for its name and release date. Will be interesting to see what the truth is !!!

Ricky !

Old_Fart 22 July 2003 03:22 PM

Ricky, its supposed to be a Japanese Domestic Market run of 50 cars with rallycar wide arch kits, lots of horsepower and basically all the trick bits...kinda like a new 22B...released in December at least thats my guess at what Autocar is saying and thats why you got tbe SIAL comments above..it's been on here a good few times.
Rgds
Chuck

greasemonkey 22 July 2003 04:14 PM

Ricky, they have posted pictures of it. As mentioned, the pictures were of a photoshopped 03 World Rally Car.

It may indeed be that Subaru are going to release a "22B" type car at the end of the year. However, the fact that Auto Express tried to pass a poorly done fake off as a "sneak preview" doesn't say much for the quality of their journalism, or indeed their perception of their readers' intelligence and powers of observation ;)

Ricky 23 July 2003 02:18 PM

Sorry guys ! I know there was some contravsery over the photo shopped wide bodied car in the Auto Express, but I wasnt aware that they had actually stated that the car in question was to be called an 'Extreme'. So I guess I only knew half the story.

Ricky !

greasemonkey 23 July 2003 02:40 PM

Can't remember whether they used that name or not in the article I saw - believe they did. Either way, they were passing the pic off as a scoop photo, which it obviously isn't.

Thus, there are serious aspersions cast over the entire story, pending confirmation elsewhere.

T5NYW 23 July 2003 03:22 PM

I also heard the rumours of a MY04 Special Edition coming out ;) in simular amounts as the S202 :cool: 2.5Ltr, wide bodied, FMIC and more carbon Fibre than F1 car :D:D:D:D

As I said only a rumour ;) not so bad for me to post it here but Journalists should only write about facts and not speculation IMHO Is this one of those naked women and cars found on Mars type Mag ???

Tony