ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Job interviews.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/230080-job-interviews.html)

chaos. 15 July 2003 12:33 PM

As its the summer, my parents are telling me to get a job so I have just sent an application off to morrisons supermarket. As they are taking people on at the moment they are interviewing this and next week, so I am pretty sure I will be interviewed.. Anyway, I want to go casual and wear jeans and t shirt, something that is comfortable etc.. but my dad says I should wear shirt and tie.. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Its morrisons for christ sake its not like its my life career lol. SO... Does anyone work at a supermarket like morrsions and know what are they likely to ask me, will it be single interviews? What Is best to wear ? .. cheers

Johnny50 15 July 2003 12:36 PM

Dont think it matters who your job is going to be with mate,

Always be smart..first impressions and all that. :)

FluffyDice 15 July 2003 12:38 PM

Are you for real?

:rolleyes:

If you go in jeans and a t-shirt you may as well not go at all. Any employer will expect you to take a job interview seriously and are not likely to hire anyone who obviously doesn't care how they present themselves.

Listen to your dad.

daiscooby 15 July 2003 12:39 PM

Shirt and tie every time mate :D:D

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 July 2003 12:50 PM

Shirt and tie and a word of advice - I interviewed an 18 year old school leaver a while ago and asked why she wanted to come and work at the company. "Because my dad told me to get a job"
:rolleyes:

Try and think of something a little more keen sounding.... :D

CarpetCleaner 15 July 2003 01:06 PM

I interview for guys who never get anywhere near a suit and tie in their daily role but if they don't wear a suit and tie then the interview is cancelled. End of

Harsh but true

chaos. 15 July 2003 03:01 PM

OK. shirt & tie it is... Anyone know what I am likely t be asked in the interview?

weapon69 15 July 2003 03:03 PM

Would you like us to wipe your ar$e for you as well? thats a common one.....

ChrisB 15 July 2003 03:13 PM

Doesn't need to be suit for a summer/weekend job IMO. Trousers, shirt and tie though - show you can make an effort.

Questions

Are you punctual?
Polite and deal with customer questions?
Are you physically fit if you're working with stock?

beemerboy 15 July 2003 03:20 PM

Harsh but true
PMSLMAO

BB:)

Drunken Bungle Whore 15 July 2003 04:38 PM

These two websites have loads of info on interview techniques:

www.monster.co.uk
www.reed.co.uk

Interviews really shouldn't be tricky - they can only ask you about you so in theory you should know all the answers... :D :D

Apparition 15 July 2003 07:33 PM

The one BIG question M&S ask interviewees is " Who is the most important person in this store ?" Answer ..... The customer ! you'll get 10/10 for that one should it pop up.
Also, think of something bright to ask them. They always ask you if you have any questions. Give it some thought, it shows you have an interest in the company.
And a big point to remember, EYE CONTACT.... look 'em straight in the eye. Nothing worse than trying to interview someone who has a fascination with the floor or wall.
Good Luck.

Jeremy'sMum 15 July 2003 08:28 PM

Eye contact, as mentioned. Smile. Use open body-language. Be confident. Let them know you actually want the job. Erase the "Its morrisons for christ sake" though from your mind. If you want the job, it's worth the effort.