ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Godspeed motorsport problem (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/229009-godspeed-motorsport-problem.html)

andy-2200 11 July 2003 06:06 PM

Hi, I am trying to get hold of Ian at Godspeed concerning a brake kit I ordered and payed for at the start of april. I have noticed he has supplied a few of you guys and posts here himself. I have been trying every day for over a month to get hold of Ian and have had no luck at all. From the feedback on this site I can see his products are highly rated, but I desperately need new brakes on my daily driver and obviously my money is tied up with Ian at the moment. If anybody can suggest a way I can get hold of Ian to resolve this problem, either with the kit or a refund, I would be very grateful! As it has been over 3 months now when I was promised the products within ten days, I hope you dont think I am being unreasonable posting this here.
Thanks,
Andy.

M0NEY 11 July 2003 08:12 PM

Dont worry mate. His products are top stuff but he is a bugger to get hold of. Ive been ringing him trying to get hold of him to take my money but he doesnt pick up :D

Try looking on his website and getting his email address and he seems to respond better to emails.

Also have a look in the brake section as he is usually in there (when he is online)

andy-2200 11 July 2003 08:36 PM

Money, Thanks for the advice, but i have tried the email route as well! In the past when I have managed to speak to him after sending an email, I am told that he has responded but i have never recieved anything. I just hope we can sort this out 'cos I desperately need some brakes!! It seems a shame that such an apparently excellent supplier seems to have these communication problems...

M0NEY 12 July 2003 09:42 AM

Yeah i know andy. If you look in the search engine, you will see this problem.

Ian knows this as well. Its a common problem. Im sure they will sort it out. Maybe Ian needs a new sales man? WHy he does one thing, the new sales man sorts out all the emails they get a day

andy-2200 13 July 2003 02:16 PM

Latest update, brake pad warning light came on yesterday, and abviously still no contact with Ian. Don't know whether to get some brakes from elsewhere and then try and get my money back from Godspeed. Really not sure what to do, I still would really like to use Ian's kit. Any ideas?

DocJock 13 July 2003 04:06 PM

Without getting personal...........

So a supplier took your money 3 months ago...
Still hasn't supplied the good you paid for....
You get no reply to emails........

Were you told there would be a 3 month wait ?

I am sorry, but that is piss poor service.
If the guy knows he has problems with his email delivery why does he not reply to emails by phone or change his ISP ?

andy-2200 13 July 2003 04:20 PM

I agree with you it is poor service, I was told 7-10 day delivery after reciept of my cheque. When nothing had arrived I chased Ian who said the delivery had got lost in the post and he would make me another set and send it out to me, this was around the middle of may. Obviously that didnt arrive and I havent managed to get hold of him since. Its so frustrating, cos like i said I use the car every day, and as my brakes are so tired it is becoming a safety issue too. Surely Ian realises that stuff like this is damaging his reputation?

Godspeed Brakes 14 July 2003 08:21 AM

Andy , you were not given a deffinate date for making your brakes , you wanted me to make you custom discs and bells for you Honda , we had never done them before and one offs take a lot more time to make , we have spent about 40 hours trying to produce them for you and so far have not got it right , if I am not happy with them they will not be sent out , I think in this instance I will accept defeat and refund your money , I dont have the spare time to spend on them as I am too busy , Your cheque will be with in the next few days.

Edited to add I have just phone the number I have been given AGAIN and it just rings and rings ..

Docjoc , perhaps you should have listened to all the info before making a judgement ..
Cheers Ian

[Edited by Ian Godney - 7/14/2003 8:29:54 AM]

andy-2200 14 July 2003 05:33 PM

Phoned Ian straight back after he called me this morning when I got out of my morning meeting at work. I have never had a missed call (or any call at all) from Ian before so for him to complain that my phone just rang and rang is (I think) a little unfair. I accept that as my brakes were a one-off that a great deal of skill and time is involved in producing them. I also respect the fact that Ian would not send me the product until he was 100% happy with it. The fact still remains that I was given an estimate of how long the kit would take to make, and I was never called to tell me of the delay. In fact, when I have chased Ian as I have mentioned before I was told a finished set had been shipped to me and had got lost in the post. As mentioned in his reply, Ian is sending me a cheque back to refund my money, and I look forward to receiving it. I am sorry Ian if I have offended you by posting my problem on here, but I couldn't contact you any other way, and I am glad the issue is now resolved.

Maddog 17 July 2003 06:59 PM

Though it takes a thread in a public domain to get a response from the supplier... :rolleyes:

The talk on this thread and others related to Godspeed and "E-mails going missing" and orders "lost in the post" has come up time and time again with other customers. :(

Yes these things can happen of course but when the same old record gets played again and again on the same show, can only serve as a possible warning to potential buyers before making a commmitment to such places.

Don't get me wrong, there are satisfied users of parts supplied by Godspeed, but I for one, would want to make payment for goods at time of dispatch, not on order date.

Boss Hogg 18 July 2003 05:23 PM

It seems a common thread on this bbs - Godspeed and various problems relating to products not being sent, cheques cashed and calls not returned. Whatever the excuses (and it seems there are plenty) it's p*ss poor customer service at the end of the day.

I hope your money is being returned plus three months interest. I'm suprised you've taken it so well, when all that's happened is a business has taken your money for three months, not delivered the product and not returned any call/emails. I'd be furious.

DocJock 18 July 2003 05:32 PM

Sorry IanG

The three replies after your last one save me saying any more.

joinerboy 01 December 2009 12:36 PM

i have just found this thread as im having problems with Godspeed motorsport myself. its been over a year since i ordered brakes from him and still nothing.no brakes and no refund. we both agreed on a full refund back in april and he although he keeps saying he is going to send a cheque 8 months later he hasnt.

I have edited this post and removed all my opinions and just left the facts. Ian phoned me about 4 hours after i posted this message and said he would send me my cheque by special delivery. i hope he does so

DaveBeck 02 December 2009 12:57 PM

Its a shame you had to come onto here to sort it :thumb:

Cannon Fodder 02 December 2009 03:05 PM

From my own experience with Ian Godney I have nothing but praise for the man. :notworthy

I ordered a set of front and rear brake discs from Ian and called down to pick them up the next day, no fuss and drama, paid him and went on my merry way. :)

I have found the telephone the best way of getting hold of Ian and when he has promised to ring me back he has. I know that Scoobynet forum members on the whole only post when there is a problem and very few do when things go well (probably including myself in the past). ;)

There are a few suppliers that I use locally and they all offer excellent service - Godspeed Brakes, Indigo-GT, Keith Price Subaru, Prospeed Exhausts and of course Bob Rawle. :cool:

Whenever I have called into his workshop he is always busy and personally I am not surprised given my experience of his company and products. :thumb:

Tomwrx 02 December 2009 03:32 PM

[quote=Cannon Fodder;9078587]From my own experience with Ian Godney I have nothing but praise for the man. :notworthy

as above,i have ordered stuff from ian and had no probs like many others on here
i know everyone cant be happy but hey thats life

PAS 02 December 2009 04:08 PM

Well i will admit it can be a bit dificult to reach Ian but i feel i must say that i have delt with him a few times now and it has been perfect every time.

He gets my buisness every time without even thinking about it.

One of scoobynets many goodguys.

172sport 02 December 2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by andy-2200 (Post 2337494)
Hi, I am trying to get hold of Ian at Godspeed concerning a brake kit I ordered and payed for at the start of april. I have noticed he has supplied a few of you guys and posts here himself. I have been trying every day for over a month to get hold of Ian and have had no luck at all. From the feedback on this site I can see his products are highly rated, but I desperately need new brakes on my daily driver and obviously my money is tied up with Ian at the moment. If anybody can suggest a way I can get hold of Ian to resolve this problem, either with the kit or a refund, I would be very grateful! As it has been over 3 months now when I was promised the products within ten days, I hope you dont think I am being unreasonable posting this here.
Thanks,
Andy.

Been there done that,
I waited 3 months myself a few years back for some parts.
Would never use again.............

BlueBugEye 03 December 2009 07:51 AM

Total opposite for me ok delivery took an couple of days longer than expected but the volume of sales on the group buy was such that it was inevitable unless he wanted a fortune in ready machined parts kicking about. Contact and communications were good, mostly email/pms tbh and the quality of the kit was excellent at a very good price.

joinerboy 14 December 2009 12:42 PM

The only reason I posted on the forum was because I was tired of chasing Ian up. On numerous occasions he said he was going to send a cheque and he never did. I inccured the cost of contacting a solicitor to get my money back but he ignored their requests for my refund. It was only after posting on a public forum that Ian actually contacted me.

The order was canceled because after 6 months he had failed to deliver the brakes. We both agreed to cancel the order and Ian agreed on a FULL refund. I have the email to prove it.

The man you spoke to Ian is not my father and any arrangement you made with him doesn't change the agreement we had made back in April. You can not charge me for goods i never received.

I have received one part of the payment, so now I wait for the remainder.

I am sure there is a ot of people who are satisfied but I am not one of them and this isnt the first post addressing this issue.

I hope you can resolve this soon

Doug

joinerboy 15 December 2009 03:27 PM

I had a written agreement with you for a FULL refund. You cant then go and make an agreement with a stranger. He may be my boss but i paid for the parts(which as far as i know never existed) and its none of his business.

Considering the bad service I have had from you over the past year im not surprised you haven't kept your word. I just hope you dont get the chance to rip anyone else off.

webster444 16 December 2009 07:47 PM

I have ordered from Ian MANY times and have never once been dissappointed with the service he provides, including quick delivery, great quality of products and good after sales advise.

dannytwo 16 December 2009 11:50 PM

I have only good things to say about ian.This seems as if its been blown out of proportion. And i hope this doesnt scar a very good reputation.

Dannytwo

duncatr 17 December 2009 10:38 AM

Agreed. I have bought discs, pads, calipers, brake fluid etc etc etc from Ian and never had an issue with the products.

He recently redressed my AP 4-pots and they are spot on!! And price is far better than anywhere else.

I don't even see why this thread is here TBH. Sort your issues out somewhere else or direct with Ian. Its not even Subaru related and is thread is 6 years old!!!
And for what its worth - legally its got everything to do with Mark Langridge. As the purchaser of the product he has more to do with it than you (the end user) so if an agreement has been made by him and Ian then thats it. End of. Regardless if he's your, boss, dad, mums bit on the side etc etc etc.

Bye bye.

joinerboy 17 December 2009 07:24 PM

Im sure a lot of people on here have brought brakes etc from Ian and you are going to stick up for him but as it stands he has taken my money.

The only reason i posted on this forum duncatr is because he has ignored all other forms of communication. He even ignored solicitors sent by Mark. Would you just let a company walk away with your money?

Ian phoned and spoke to Mark yesterday and Mark told him to repay the money as per the written agreement. Ian threatened to sue. Considering Ian is the one owing money i find that very funny.

I am not asking for compensation for all the trouble he has caused, I am only asking him to honor his agreement and return my money. I cant see why he finds that so hard.

You can stick up for him all you want it doesn't change what he has done.

need4speeduk 17 December 2009 08:32 PM

duncatr 18 December 2009 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 9105450)
Im sure a lot of people on here have brought brakes etc from Ian and you are going to stick up for him but as it stands he has taken my money.

The only reason i posted on this forum duncatr is because he has ignored all other forms of communication. He even ignored solicitors sent by Mark. Would you just let a company walk away with your money?

Ian phoned and spoke to Mark yesterday and Mark told him to repay the money as per the written agreement. Ian threatened to sue. Considering Ian is the one owing money i find that very funny.

I am not asking for compensation for all the trouble he has caused, I am only asking him to honor his agreement and return my money. I cant see why he finds that so hard.

You can stick up for him all you want it doesn't change what he has done.

Compensation......... Are you for real?!?!?!?!????:wonder:

Lets look at it this way - You were aware from the outset that this was 1 off engineering work - Yes?
You were aware that this was going to take time and that there were costs involved in R&D - Yes?

If I was too partake / invest in an engineering project and then it was dropped or cancelled for any reason I would certainly be willing to accept that there were still costs involved even though the product never came to market. Pretty simple stuff really. YOU asked Ian to take on the project, which still leaves him out of pocket. Decent engineerin firms are a minimum of £80 / hour so if he has invested 40 hours + material I'd say you are just being silly and unreasonable to expect a full refund. Thats the joys of projects I'm afraid. You win some you loose some. In this case I think you have both lost but looks like Ian is loosing far more than you have!!

Godspeed Brakes 18 December 2009 11:00 AM

To put an end to it I've refunded him the £100 , you are right though in the time and money its cost me to make this kit , the bells and brackets will probably end up in the bin ! at least the discs pads and calipers have been used.

Cheers Ian