ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Desperate man, please, please help meeeeeee. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/228892-desperate-man-please-please-help-meeeeeee.html)

Peanuts 11 July 2003 12:03 PM

The velcro tabs have come away from my nodding scooby-doo on the rear window shelf.
It was due to hot weather Im sure as it was fine before I went to Sicily and when I came back it was leaning over, the next morning he was on his side and the two velcro tabs had come away...

Ive tried loc-tite superglue (bought it specially FFS!) but because its plastic to fabric theres no bond and the morning after it had come away again.

What to do next?

Andy

Dunc20 11 July 2003 12:08 PM

....get a life!

uktony 11 July 2003 12:17 PM

...and then buy another one.

STI SPUD 11 July 2003 12:30 PM

Andy,

If you can wait till monday I've got loads of the little velcro pads, so you could have a couple of new ones for you nodding scoob:) (I keep a stock cause my scoob keeps falling over;, the nodding one not the one on four wheels..)

Rach

scooby_si 11 July 2003 12:41 PM

Get thee to a knitting shop type thing they do stick on velcro of both sorts which is perfect for a number of things. I use it on both my nodding scoobies & similar to you the fabric one fell over a few times till i sorted him out. Also very usefull for holding my road angel down & not making a silly noise & also for keeping my defi HUD on the dashboard. Basically stick on velcro is da bomb i luv it & dont mind lookin like a nonce in an embroidery kinda shop :D
Si

Jen 11 July 2003 12:41 PM

You'd need *huge* velcro pads if it was the one on four wheels! :eek::D

...can't think of anything else you could try though :( Mine sits on the tele as I'm not allowed to put him in the car :rolleyes::(

Peanuts 11 July 2003 12:43 PM

Rach,
please ta...
need to double up I think because he`s clearly heavier than the standard pad allows for..
See you monday, will bring nodding Scooby with me.
Andy

STI SPUD 11 July 2003 02:27 PM

Ok Andy,

Will bring you a few extra.:)

See you monday.

Rach

Elmer Fudpucker 11 July 2003 02:33 PM

Andy,YHM regarding the magnex back box:)
Jon

Turbohot 11 July 2003 09:15 PM

I can fix anything with me double sided sticky tape!

Poor Guy 11 July 2003 10:32 PM

could you fix a broken con rod with double sidedd tape?

mart360 11 July 2003 10:50 PM

who needs velcro??

two six in nails through the little bleeders front paws and he aint going anywhere

the evil Claw!!!!

mart360 11 July 2003 10:51 PM

pesky meddling kids

Turbohot 12 July 2003 12:53 AM

Poor Guy,I can fix anything with double sided tape.My girlfriend(who is the one with Scooby)was well impressed when I fixed the toilet seat with it but she nearly ripped me apart when I stuck it to our cat's mouth coz it was meawing for f**k all!!!

( R6 CDW ) 12 July 2003 02:06 AM

a nail of six inch in size, should keep the dog at bay

Leslie 12 July 2003 11:08 AM

Lol @ Turbohot :D

Les