ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Taysiders ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/228605-taysiders.html)

PG 10 July 2003 02:37 PM

I have heard through the grape vine that there are 36 shiney new Gatsos ready to be stuck up in the Tayside area.
Anyone heard anything about them ?
There are ALOT of "speed camera" signs popping up between Blair and Dundee (my commuting run)

Ciaran 10 July 2003 02:39 PM

ur kidding me what a pain u will soon learn where they r.
when is this meant to be happening?

RS Grant 10 July 2003 05:06 PM

Why oh why!! We are all safe, law-abiding drivers here in Tayside and North Fife... http://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/sad/mecry.gif

I guess the Local Govt. must be running low on funds, will be interesting to see where they place them, cause remember they should only be used on Accident Black Spots!! http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/otn/angry/nono.gif

Mail me for membership info of the Gatso Terrorist Squad!! http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/violent/badass.gif

Cheers,
Grant

P.S - Before I get arrested I was just joking about the G.T.S!! ;) :D

wee Davie 10 July 2003 05:11 PM

I heard a rumour that they were going to be sticking up cameras on the Alyth to Blairgowrie road

PG 10 July 2003 05:15 PM

Good !!

The amount of RTA's I attended on that road was unreal !!

Not a good road !!! but fast..too fast
it is a regular killer...proven ! dont mind them on that kind of road

[Edited by PG - 10/07/2003 17:18:50]

Ciaran 10 July 2003 07:37 PM

where u from wee davie? exactly

wee Davie 10 July 2003 08:06 PM

Hi Ciaran im from Glenisla ive got the s reg redishblue Impreza turbo that you might have seen in Alyth.

Itsanicesensibleestatecar 10 July 2003 11:12 PM

Its one of these camera partnerships, so legally they will have to advertise the sites they may be patrolling at any given time. Up in Grampian this is done in newspapers and is posted on the partnerships website, so presumably there will be one for here. Since they even advetise where and when they'll be there, anyone who gets caught deserves everything they get. Also I don't think that there's 36 cameras, just 36 sites that will be patrolled. I heard it was about 6 cameras and 3 mobile van units which are fluorescent yellow. A word of warning though, just because the new partnership is concentrating on these sites it doesn't mean you won't get pulled over by regular traffic cops if your speeding elsewhere. It's just a shame that the best roads for scoobs are the most dangerous. Especially with all the sunday drivers and coffin dodgers out on their bus trips at this time of year.

Ciaran 10 July 2003 11:37 PM

wee davie has your impreza got twin headlight and a seriously loud exhaust?

SCOSaltire 11 July 2003 09:36 AM

i agree about the alyth road... dangerous
1 guy in my class died on that road

those signs that they put up are massive!
on the straight bits of roads too
roads with clear visability.
i think most of the accidents on that road have been due to loads of things NOT associated with speeding.

they should police bad driving, not just speeding
would save more lives

the police were blitzing the 30 mph roads around the tech park this week
quite funny seeing everyone slow down
has made a difference im all for policeing the speeds on 30 / 40 / 20 mph roads - speed does make a difference there coz of people
but in the 60s, 70s its bad driving, not speeding that more of a problem

dunno why im typing this, makes no odds :p

PG 11 July 2003 10:56 AM

dunno why im typing this
'cos you like to moan ;):p

:D

wee Davie 11 July 2003 04:51 PM

Hi Ciaran yep thats my scooby with the twin lights and loud exaust also got 17" gold aloys now what car do you have?

Itsanicesensibleestatecar 11 July 2003 07:23 PM

The reason that Grampian Police give on their website for checking speed on the straights is that it will make cars slow down before the corners and therfore be safer. What a load of bollocks. It because thats where thry're more likely to catch people. They also state that putting the cameras in corners would cause people to brake hard in corners which could be dangerous. To me this is pretty much an admission that even they know that people only slow down for cameras and do not change their overall driving pattern. I think it will also lead to people taking risks overtaking where they normally wouldn't just because the straights are being monitored.
I agree with the comment on the urban limits, I'd be happy to see a camera outside every school, but on the open road there are so many other factors being ignored.

Ciaran 11 July 2003 07:49 PM

well im lacking in the car dept at the moment due being a student for the last 2 years.
Have u got a bad knee?
where do u work?

[Edited by Ciaran - 11/07/2003 19:58:14]

wee Davie 13 July 2003 04:13 PM

Hello Ciaran ye ive gt a sore leg I work at Bridge of Cally

teknopete 13 July 2003 06:38 PM

Yeah it`s true,

Seen 2 new uns in Dundee (Kigsway tech bing 1) already and signs up for another couple :(
Like most peebs i`m in favour of them bside schools, nurseries etc
but NOT on open roads (reads supposed A class roads)i.e. Dundee 2 Arbroath, Aberdeen, Perth, Glenrothes. These are 4 no reason other than pure profit [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Also spoke to a couple of my taxi driving m8s n they`re gonna try n keep me up 2 speed as to where they are.

Pete

Ciaran 13 July 2003 07:27 PM

wee davie i saw u today like the alloys. i was with a mate as u came up the main street then i was up the top of the town fairly staring at your car. i was on a push bike on both occasions.

wee Davie 14 July 2003 04:06 PM

Ciaran ye I saw you with the bikes when I drove past

Ciaran 14 July 2003 06:13 PM

good lad ul have to give me ashout some day soi can have a closer look at the motor!!
u got a dump valve fitted?

wee Davie 15 July 2003 05:52 PM

Will do Ciaran if you ever see me parked up give me a shout for a bleather. Havn't got a dump valve yet but hopefully getting one soon

Ciaran 16 July 2003 10:17 PM

i will do that young man get one asap that will finish off the sound of the car perfectly!!