ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   LIGHTER NOT WORKING (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/228015-lighter-not-working.html)

wanted 08 July 2003 10:41 PM

Just had a boost gauge fitted and used a feed from the lighter for the backlight but when i plugged my snooper back in it went on and then off straight away. I've tried my phone charger aswell and that doesn't work either. Have i tried to take too much power from there with the snooper aswell as the boost gauge. I don't think that can be the case but you never know. Where is the fuse for the lighter so i can check it.
Anyone got any idea what i have done wrong. The boost gauge still works and the ring around the lighter is still lit.

wanted 09 July 2003 09:32 AM

Sorted now, but thanks for all the replies!!!!:(

k9any 09 July 2003 11:39 AM

What was the problem then?

Ray

wanted 09 July 2003 11:47 AM

turned out to be a fuse, dunno why it blew but replaced it and all is well. Couldn't look last night cos it got too dark.
Thanks for my one and only reply though Ray.

Scott.

k9any 09 July 2003 11:52 AM

What Scooby you got Scott?

I've recently bought a Uk MY97 Wagon

wanted 09 July 2003 12:02 PM

I've got a uk MY96 saloon with full de-cat, uprated fuel pump, quickshift, remapped ecu, k&n panal filter, boost gauge, 99/00 spec seats, momo airbag steering wheel and am about to do the earthing mod today but don't know if it will make any difference but i'll give it a go anyway.

Scott.

k9any 09 July 2003 12:10 PM

Where did you get youre ecu remapped?...is it the standard ecu remapped or a completly new ecu?....Reason i ask is that i was told i cant remap my ecu?

Car sounds nice, what sort of psi u running on full boost?

Mine hits 10psi on full boost dosen't go any higher...getting it checked out on monday.

Earthing modd?

Ray (I'm new to scoobys so any info would help)

ozzy 09 July 2003 12:14 PM

Earthing Mod

Just did this myself the other evening. 6-point one:-

1. Driver-side strut tower
2. Driver-side manifold
3. Passenger-side strut tower
4. Passenger-side manifold
5. ECU Bracket
6. Alternator (this one's still to be done)

I've put some pics at the bottom of my website page, including all the bits I used.

Stefan

wanted 09 July 2003 02:57 PM

K9any, i got the standard ecu remapped by a guy called David Wallis and it runs about 14.5 psi on full boost but he can only remap up to MY96 pre facelift.
Is your car standard?

EBR 09 July 2003 10:29 PM

Damn, if I'd seen this earlier I would have sworn that the fuse could have been the problem :D :D :D :D :D

k9any 10 July 2003 12:14 PM

Wanted

My car has the following mods:

Full De-CAt HKs exhaust system
Blitz Induction Kit
Baileys D/V

Thats about it

k9any 10 July 2003 12:18 PM

Wanted

what boost were u running before the Reprogramme of the chip?

wanted 10 July 2003 12:24 PM

K9any,
I was running 12psi before the remap, but after speaking to David Wallis yesterday he said i should be running 16psi with the remap so something is up somewhere. I am going up to see him later today, possibly a leaking pipe but David said he will have a look for me and try to fix it.

Scott.

k9any 10 July 2003 12:29 PM

yeah...i've got my car in at Jap-Innov on monday.....hopefully they can sort it out...probably a leak somewhwere or a blocked pipe.

It looks like the only way i can get a ecu re-map is to buy a completly new re-mappble one like a LINK....£1300 is too steep though. think I'm just going to fit a Electronic Boost Controller, Blitz one i think....should be able to get around 15psi.....another advantage of it is that I can change the setting from within the car and run it at normal boost as well.

what do you think good idea?

wanted 10 July 2003 12:51 PM

Not a good idea on it's own, your gonna need some way of increasing the fuel with the boost and a way to monitor things. Quite a few people on here have done this quite successfully but i'm not sure exactly what you will need on the fuel side of things. Don't raise the boost on it's own though otherwise your gonna be looking at a big repair bill, maybe not straight away but eventually. A knocklink will monitor the engine for detenation and i am sure there is a gauge to watch the fuel/air mixture but i don't know what device can alter it. Put up another post and someone will know.

Scott.

k9any 10 July 2003 01:56 PM

Cheers Scott

Have looked into it...some people say that i mightbe ok on the fuel side of things as they run rich anyway and if i get a knock link and lamda sensor (Air Fuel) i can keep an eye on things.

I can also get a little gismo which allows me to change the fuel/air mixture as well..

Ray