ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   **Sign in Glasgow Meet 08 July** (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/225451-sign-in-glasgow-meet-08-july.html)

drb5 07 January 2003 07:06 PM

good luck on that by the way opel corsa. no tellin your driver how to get to the nearest pub when your on your timed runs now!

[Edited by drb5 - 7/1/2003 7:12:18 PM]

Techno 01 July 2003 06:14 PM

Tuesday 08 July
Showcase Coatbridge
At 1900 hrs

Techno - P1

drb5 01 July 2003 06:19 PM

i've been there since the last meet. what's keeping everyone?!

Dougster 01 July 2003 06:32 PM

:rolleyes:

Have a nice time lads!! :D

drb5 01 July 2003 06:49 PM

surely coatbridge isn't that bad? it's the drive you go for is it not? oh and by the way, surely someone from that area can come up with a few suggestions as to where we can go other than practically getting a map out!

Techno 01 July 2003 06:58 PM

you not going then Dougster? Now your a Mod, are u too good for us lot;)

drb5 01 July 2003 07:01 PM

class.

opelcorsa 01 July 2003 07:01 PM

Don`t know if i will be there as its the night before we set off for our attack on the Irish National Tarmac Championship.
Depends if we have no problems and are all loaded up ready to go.

Dougster 01 July 2003 07:13 PM

HO HO HO.

I would go to a Glasgow meet that isn't in a retail/cinema complex. Just had my complete fill of these deathly places.

BTW I am working next Tues. night anyway! :D :D

zander 01 July 2003 08:03 PM

Tuesday 08 July
Showcase Coatbridge
At 1900 hrs

Techno - P1
Zander - RB5

drb5 01 July 2003 08:06 PM

i'm there too:D

iainalpine 02 July 2003 12:18 AM

hi guys, i would love to come to the meetings but by the time i would get back from work and get over i would have missed most of it. is a sunday not a better day for the meets, that way everyone or most people i should say are off work and you also all go for a blast up the country roads....... have a good meet.
cheers
iain

trance 02 July 2003 04:42 AM

Yeah be home count me in.

So how was the holiday john boy???

chrisyd 02 July 2003 09:58 AM

Might make this on on tuesday since i never appeared at the last one. look forward to hearing all about techno's holiday romance with big stavros. probably my last meet for this year due to work commitments in a land far from here so better be a good run involved.

chris

trance 02 July 2003 11:36 PM

Top titty top.......

caz1562 03 July 2003 12:46 PM

sorry nightshift :(

chrisyd 03 July 2003 01:43 PM

has anybody thought about a plan for the night, think we should get some suggestions going early so we dont end up planning it on the night, heres mine.

hang around the showcase until everyone arrives, when were all ready, head towards lennoxtown, up the fintry road an have a wee diet coke in the fintry inn or head on further to kippen - stirling or kippen glasgow, what ever.

nice wee run, good combination of staights and bends to keep us all happy.

Dougster 03 July 2003 02:06 PM

Come and visit me at work then!!

Ballikinrain School, Fintry Road. I'll put the kettle on! :D

Spooks 03 July 2003 09:42 PM

Should be there
Still in the Renault though :(
Laters
Spooks

rickydiver 03 July 2003 11:29 PM

Not going to make this one, work getting in the way. Have a good night though.

trance 04 July 2003 01:40 AM

Yeah fried crispy sounds good. :)

chrisyd 04 July 2003 07:35 PM

still no thoughts on event planning then ???

trance 04 July 2003 10:40 PM

Yeah have just planned it chris!!! :D

chrisyd 06 July 2003 12:20 PM

Updated List:

1. Techno
2. Drb5
3. Chrisyd
4. Trance
5. Opelcorsa (maybe)
6. Zander
7. Spooks

Common folks, aint hanging around coatbridge for long, only a meeting point for a wee blast up the back roads to a nice wee pub for light refreshments.

Where's all the original suspects hiding, ricey, trucker ted, scottish menace, etc.......

opelcorsa 06 July 2003 02:27 PM

Bumped into trucker ted last week,he`s getting married,doubt we will see him again for a while!!!

I will sadly not be there this time cos we are really up against it trying toi get the car ready for Ireland.

All the best and have a good night.

PS thought i would attach below my latest news for the event in Ireland;

GMC-MOTORSPORT

Latest news 28th June 2003
Sligo stages

GMC-MOTORSPORT are proud to announce that our entry for the 2003 Sligo stages Rally in Southern Ireland has been accepted.

This has meant over the last few weeks the final adjustments to the suspension settings, gearbox re-build, chassis adjustments and some bodywork enhancements have taken place all to cope with the tight twisty lanes of this part of the world (and of course the jumps).
As a couple of rounds of this years championship have been axed we know there are quite a few people watching with interest what we think of the Sligo event as we know some of our fellow competitors have vented an interest in competing next year.

So far the event planning has consisted of having to wait until the entry was confirmed before booking accommodation. This itself was not really a problem until we found out that the weekend of the rally is also that of the marching season in Northern Ireland and this is the weekend that people who are not interested in this are moving south to the likes of Sligo for their holidays thus booking all the B&Bs, Hotels and Guest Houses.
Costs so far have amounted to an entry fee of about £280.00,ferry costs for van and trailer with a support car £450.00 (plus passengers in each). We also decided to upgrade to 1st class on the ferry as this separates you from those also travelling to the marching season in the North.

We will be travelling over on the Thursday morning for a couple of day’s holiday before and also after the event. This is also cheaper than staying the full week because of the way the ferries operate and charge.
The event itself consists of recce, documentation and scrutineering on the Saturday with the Rally itself being held on the Sunday afternoon. There are approximately 90 stage miles and 100 road miles, compare it to Otterburn but all crammed into an afternoon.

With an entry expected of over 150 competitors we will have to be on the pace from the word go and that is what we intend to do.The only problem we have is that we have no service crew to accompany us .We are hoping to ask for some help from other crews who have already said they will assist.
We will be back with one more update prior to travelling over to inform you of any latest information on the event and also the full entry list to see whom we will be competing against.

Davie Hatrick

www.gmc-motorsport.co.uk

coulty 06 July 2003 03:49 PM

Is it ok for a newbie to join the crew?
If so count me in for tuesday night!
coulty

drb5 06 July 2003 05:40 PM

i was a newbie at the last meet and i just turned up. everyone there is cool, so more the merrier.

skyenet 06 July 2003 07:01 PM

Might catch you all at the meeting point again as Tuesday is bargain day at the Showcase cinema, and if all goes according to plan I should just be comming out of the "2 Fast 2 Furious" about 7pm. If my plan as gone really well then I'll also tag along for the run, otherwise I'll have to head back to get Skye. Maybe going a run after watching that film might not be the best idea in the world :-)

Trucker Ted 06 July 2003 09:17 PM

1. Techno
2. Drb5
3. Chrisyd
4. Trance
5. Opelcorsa (maybe)
6. Zander
7. Spooks
8. Trucker ted

i'll be able to pop down for a wee hour or two,after all i'm not married yet,Davie!

opelcorsa 06 July 2003 09:21 PM

1. Techno
2. Drb5
3. Chrisyd
4. Trance
5. Opelcorsa (definatley not unless you lot fancy givin us a hand finishin the car??)
6. Zander
7. Spooks
8. Trucker ted