ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   2 weeks holiday, best way to store safely my pride and joy. (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/225029-2-weeks-holiday-best-way-to-store-safely-my-pride-and-joy.html)

Flesh Fanatic Psycopath 07 January 2003 09:24 PM

You have a point there about the dog s**t, depends how long you'll be away, he also chews anything in sight so take your steering wheel as well :)

[Edited by Flesh Fanatic Psycopath - 7/8/2003 8:32:30 PM]

cw42 30 June 2003 05:55 PM

going on my hols in a few weeks, what is the best way to store my scooby away from thieves?
it will be garaged, in a different one from usual, disklocked, and the garage will be double padlocked and have another car parked in front.
Is that enough?
Is it worth disabling the car in any other way, maybe take a couple of wheels off and stick on axle stands!
How about the basic alarm fitted to them, I understand you can disable the central locking and alarm deactivation off the key fob from the key pad inside the car!
What leads could I take off the engine to ensure that it is still there when I get back?
Thanks for your help,
chris.

supertouring 30 June 2003 07:16 PM

Chris, remind me to tell you the tale of when I tried out the total shutdown option on my alarm. Lots of fun disarming it again!

cw42 30 June 2003 07:25 PM

I was going to try it one day this week, outside the Subaru dealers at monks heath, just to be safe!
email me with the tale if you have time super,
see you soon,
chris.

greasemonkey 01 July 2003 02:56 AM

Sounds like the precautions you're already taking will do the job buddy, so anything more's likely to be gilding the lily!

Putting it on stands and removing at least a pair of wheels might make life difficult for the sort who'd like to tow it away and sort the alarm out elsewhere.

If you're going to do all the above, it's probably a bit pointless taking stuff out from under the bonnet, as if they're that determined, nothing will stop them. However, if you really want to go for the kitchen sink, you could remove the coilpack and plug leads, and/or whip the ECU out of the passenger side footwell.

SCOOBY TOWERS 01 July 2003 08:30 AM

There is a few suggestions in This thread that may help.
Chris

cw42 01 July 2003 05:45 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I don't think I will axle stand it, just remove my bung and leave it pointing arse out. That way, if they start it, the whole neighbourhood will hear it!
see you after my hols,
chris.

Flesh Fanatic Psycopath 01 July 2003 05:57 PM

You can borrow my Doberman if you want, he'll curl up on the back seat for ages :)

Beefy 01 July 2003 06:20 PM

Have a good holiday m8 ;) Going anywhere nice?

cw42 01 July 2003 06:22 PM

mmmm, dobberman sounds good, is it car trained, dont want to come back to a car full of s**t though. hehe.
off to sunny spain beefy, you coming out tomorrow night, up to wiggen tree?
if not, see you in a few weeks.
chris.

Beefy 01 July 2003 09:47 PM

I cant make it to Wiggen tree sadly as I'm away with work.

Have good time - see you when you get back.

cw42 02 July 2003 05:07 AM

see you soon beefy,
chris