ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   (SIDC) Are you a member? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/224960-sidc-are-you-a-member.html)

Franx 07 January 2003 04:58 PM

Ta!
I don't have it though, as I'm not a member.
I'll give 'em a ring.

[Edited by Franx - 7/1/2003 4:59:28 PM]

( R6 CDW ) 30 June 2003 03:29 PM

Have you joind the SIDC, if so are there any good points to joining ?.
Or is it a waste of money?.

Cheers

Chris

richs2891 30 June 2003 03:38 PM

One of the benefits is the 10% off servicing and accesories at various dealers. Might be worth checking if your local dealer does this before joining. Only reason I joined and wont be renewing it when it expires - Unless I buy another Scooby of course.
The money I saved on servicing and accesories more than paid for the SIDC membership. Supposed to get better AA deal as well but never took that one up.

Richard

uktony 30 June 2003 03:53 PM

Got my membership as part of the insurance deal.

Like Richard says, worth it if the local dealer gives a discount. Mine doesn't.

Due for renewal in August and I'm in two minds

Tony

jimmy wrx 30 June 2003 07:28 PM

I joined back 2000 ,as I had an import ,most dealers didn't want to know about the car .The SIDC did nothing in my area ,so we started a local club in Norfolk .We also join up with various Essex clubs for some great meets.Funny the SIDC has umf but no boom !Keep it scoobynet :)

scoobynutta555 30 June 2003 07:45 PM

Tony, what insurance deal was that?

salsa-king 30 June 2003 08:18 PM

i am membership #699

join.. its all part of the scooby fun

Scooby Ball 3!!! 13th March 2004!

Phil

Rusty Festa 30 June 2003 08:20 PM

True Grip - the magazine you get - is a good read

lets not forget the road fund licence holder :)

RichiW 30 June 2003 08:33 PM

Waste of money IMO .. sorry.

:(

Rusty Festa 30 June 2003 08:34 PM

may I ask why Richi?

just curious :)

Steve777 30 June 2003 08:37 PM

Phil,

Do I need to book my room yet ? ;)

ScoobySu 30 June 2003 09:31 PM

Yep - we're in - & published members as well!

Phil - What colour dress do I need? I'm sticking with the STI accessories though!

Steve - I promise to put your name in next time, but you were in one of the photos!

SS

Steve777 30 June 2003 09:40 PM

;)

Hopefully the article of the year coming soon :D

Steve

johnfelstead 30 June 2003 09:47 PM

I am a member, the club was very helpful to me recently.

True grip is a great mag, much better quality than most club publications. I dont get anything money wise from the membership as i have an import so the discount doesnt count, but they do put effort into making owning an Impreza more fun/easy so paying the subs is a small way i can give something back for that.

Treacle 30 June 2003 10:11 PM

I'm not a member but a friend is and i have to say that the mag 'True Grip' is quite a decent read. The track days that they organise always seem well attended, so if thats your thing it seems a good idea to join . They also have area clubs that meet up, not unlike some of the scoobynetters .
Treacle

scoobydevil1 30 June 2003 10:31 PM

put me and mrs scoobydoo down for the ball phill ,read the report in true grip sounds a good night out.
As for sidc i am a member and enjoy the club very much, a club is made by it's members if nobody can be ar$ed to sort out meets , track days ect then peeps will says ooo this club is crap , there seems to be a growing number of peeps happy to sit back and let others do the hard work!
i would like to get to more of the sidc events but work prevents this .
The team who run sidc work very hard remember this is not their full time job they run the club in THEIR spare time and yet people seem to think it ok to take a pop at them , some peeps should think before they engage their fingers on the key board.
scooby devil proud to be a sidc member.

[Edited by scoobydevil1 - 6/30/2003 10:33:15 PM]

Fizz 01 July 2003 12:00 AM

I am seriously considering not renewing this year....

1) True grip... full of rally articles which are months old.
2) Events... which are gone by..
3) Never arrives on time...
4) Sidc discount... a joke... no one near me gives discount
5) Can get a quality subscription to a proper monthly magazine for 30 a year!
6) Been a member for 5 years and never once been able to say.... "that was worth the money"

If some one can show me some benefits then I'll listen but until then I'm not going to renew...

Edited to add...

and before I get flamed...

I don't do track days... so that one's out...
Our area meets are done via scoobynet... no one reads SIDC forums...

[Edited by Fizz - 7/1/2003 12:04:05 AM]

Abbylad 01 July 2003 02:17 AM

waste of money???????/ well since paying my £25 subscription, i`ve bought a maf sensor, set of mudflaps, and headlight and foglight protectors all with %10 off and my next service will save me about £30 and the service after that will save me about £45 i think..............
but its not worth it :rolleyes:

speedstermick 01 July 2003 02:58 AM

im a member of sidc.
think true grip is good.
the discount scheme helps.

mick.

my 96 prodrive wagon.

Jen 01 July 2003 07:33 AM

<---------- Member :)

Love True Grip, always a good read :cool:

Lots of lovely discounts at my local dealer, even only buying a few bits and peices saved me the membership fee last year :cool:

Me and the husband get to both join under one membership, good value for money imho :)

Sticker on the car other Scooby drivers recognise :cool:

Helpful people on the end of the e-mail if you need some help :cool:

Nice forum where you're less likley to get flamed ;):D (love SN too, as you can tell by the number of posts I've made :))

Good first point of contact for new owners when SN looks a bit daunting :)

Good local meets, which I admit are also publicised on SN, but remember most started as SIDC meets :)

Website soon to be updated, so I can't wait to see that :)

It is what we (as members) make it - so if you think it can offer something else, why not suggest it and get involved? ;) :D (oh, sorry, that would mean doing something right? ;):p

CataIunya 01 July 2003 07:44 AM

I'm a member and at least they negotiate some worthwhile discounts....10% on greenlight insurance 10% on dealer bits, 15% on AA membership just to name a few......I wish Scoobynet would negotiate some deals like that !!!!

p1doc 01 July 2003 01:58 PM

still waiting for true grip magazine,rang up greenlight who told me they no longer do sidc discount!! but find it useful for 10% discount
martin

Neil Smalley 01 July 2003 02:03 PM

The SIDC do do some great deals and do an excellent job in loads of areas :D.

CataIunya
Scoobynet does negociate discount(something like £20K's worth at the mo. See the scoobyshop for more info.

Johnny50 01 July 2003 02:12 PM

I've been a member for 2months now, bought a few things from Scoob dealers and got discount with being a member, i find True Grip quite interesting, so i'm happy to keep paying.

S200BYY 01 July 2003 02:57 PM

I'm a member & find it very good & the membership has paid for itself just with the 10% off on servicing.
True Grip is a great read also - so I'm happy to stay a member

care3 01 July 2003 03:02 PM

yep im a member and an import owner whos main dealer is more than happy to give me 10% discount on parts and servicing,gotta be done:D

ozzy 01 July 2003 03:09 PM

I was a member, but don't bother now. Other than my local Dealer, I never found that many suppliers offering a discount.

My car was plastered with SIDC stickers and I still had to make a point of asking my Dealer if they would give me a discount. Funny thing, they never bothered checking if I was an actual member :eek:

The ScoobyShop does offer discounts, but I'm still not impressed by the 20K savings being touted. I certainly ain't gonna save that much LOL :)

I recently wanted a Knocklink and rear ARB. Had a look in the ScoobyShop, but it they were a lot more than I could buy from going to the suppliers directly.

TrueGrip would have been better if it had more techie stuff instead of loads of adverts (although I guess they have to have sponsors to support costs. I haven't read TrueGrip in a year, so things may have changed for the better, but I never got excited about it landing on my door step.

Stefan

Franx 01 July 2003 04:43 PM

Anyone know if Mainland in Widnes do the SIDC discount? I'm due for a 90k service....

S200BYY 01 July 2003 04:45 PM

Look for the list in True Grip. It's worth phoning them & asking though as they may not be listed but are happy to the discount

Rusty Festa 01 July 2003 08:41 PM

I believe Mainland do give the discount as they are quite an enthusiastic dealership - they have even opened up early one Sunday to let us meet up before a big run out :)