ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   New Back Box ..HELP !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/223231-new-back-box-help.html)

mikey999 25 June 2003 10:20 AM

Hi , i have an HKS back box on my MY01 classic Scooby ...wife is doing my head it cos its too loud , are all the standard boxes the crappy twin piped ones ? any help on a new ( not so loud ) box would be great .

Thanks

SiDHEaD 25 June 2003 10:22 AM

Get a ScoobySport or a Prodrive box. Nice sound but not that loud in just backbox form, compared to the HKS box anyway!

Andy

RRH 25 June 2003 10:23 AM

Get in touch with Jamie @ J W Racing.

Sounds like you need a magnex- makes all the right noises, just not too much of them though.

mikey999 25 June 2003 10:32 AM

Thanks guys , will and prodrive box fit ? where can i get one ? ...sorry all new to the scooby

thanks again

RRH 25 June 2003 10:40 AM

yes it will fit. there should be several in 'for sale' as many get them fitted with the PPP but they're a little too quiet for many people.

Scoobydb 25 June 2003 11:09 AM

I would recommend Magnex slash cut. Not loud in the car at all, but sounds great outside.

urban 25 June 2003 11:52 AM

Sorry to butt in, but it just so happens that I've a Prodrive WRSport backbox for sale. No longer needed as I bought the performance pack.

Email me if you like.

Regards

Shaun

Steve777 25 June 2003 12:21 PM

The TSL Group N sounds very nice and not too loud

mikey999 25 June 2003 12:30 PM

@urban

thanks for the email mate , can anyone tell me if his Prodrive box (from an STI7 2002 model ) will fit on my MY01 classic ?

many thanks

Scooby Brother 25 June 2003 12:36 PM

Try your local scooby dealer and see if he will sell you a STI 8 b/box, they will surely have a couple off peoples cars who have had the PPP fitted.

I had a full scoobysport de-cat system which sounded fantastic but the neighbours weren't impressed when I came back late at night so i have fitted an STI 8 b/box which I got for nothing and is now quieter and no change in performance which i though there would have been.

urban 25 June 2003 01:31 PM

Folks,

Just remember that this is NOT the backbox from the STI7. It lying up in the dealers gathering dust.

The backbox i'm selling is the Prodrive WRSport option - £350 quid new from Subaru.

I'd nearly give you the STI7 backbox if you want it, but have a look at what Pete Croney from Scoobysport said about it regarding gasflow etc.
Plus, you'd need a hearing aid to actually hear the standard STI one in the first place.

The WRSport option is much nicer, with a lovely burble, not too loud, but just right - for me anyway. Some people say to quiet, but I like to talk to passengers in the car, not shout at them!

Regards

Shaun

New To Scoob 25 June 2003 02:25 PM

Shaun, agree totally m8, I got the WRsport BB for my sti8 'ouch price' and it has a really nice burble off it, not too loud so as to wake the neighbours but enough that you can hear it coming with the traditional scooby sound, sitting on the M'way at 80mph isn't to intrusive either.