ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Superunleaded/Optimax near Devizes? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/222937-superunleaded-optimax-near-devizes.html)

Chris_S199 24 June 2003 12:35 PM

A guy at work had the following question - wonder if any of you well travelled people had any ideas? :D

Chris

--8<---
Does anyone know how you can go about finding where superunleaded
petrol is available in advance of visiting somewhere.

The reason I ask is that I have a trackday in the Devizes area in the near future and will require a top up of the expensive stuff to get through the day starting from my local Shell pump in Southampton.

Shell has an online optimax finder, but that seems to suggest I can't get any fuel this side of Chippenham, which seems a long way.

Does anyone know what I could do to find out in advance where I can
buy SUL, eg are there any websites that have a database of SUL petrol stations?

Failing that, does anyone know of and SUL petrol stations near
(preferably just the other side of) Devizes?

Krade 24 June 2003 12:52 PM

Ignore me didnt read post fully before reply :)

Shell optimax locator

[Edited by Krade - 6/24/2003 12:53:54 PM]

Chris J 24 June 2003 02:28 PM

there is a petrol price comaprison thing available from the AA website. You have to register, but it might save you money. It also gives maps etc

Charlie H 24 June 2003 04:23 PM

the AA site has a SUL search on it and is free. You can find it here

Carlos-Fandango 24 June 2003 05:00 PM

Unfortunately the Wilts area around Devizes is very poorly supplied by Shell Optimax. you can get SuperUL from most of the garages around but no Opitax.

Depending on which way you are coming to Devizes there is a Shell garage on the A36 at Amesbury on the roundabout, think it is called the Princess something service area.

Which trak event is it and where is it held. Is it at Keevil? If so let me know as I live just around the corner from Keevil and might pop in for a look.

Cheers Carlos

Apple 24 June 2003 06:42 PM

you could try ringing the Shell customer services helpline and they can send you a book with every shell station in the UK in it... :D (unfortunately it doesn't give you which grades each one sells but according to shell, "most" have optimax ;))

or try Mapzit for all garages etc :)

Apple

Yorkie 24 June 2003 06:55 PM

The AA one is rubbish. It says garages sell super unleaded and they don't. I put this to the test to a few in my area and it came up with three, 2 Total (who don't do super unleaded and a Save which clearly does not! I think if you locate all the BP and Esso ones on the Mapzit there is bound to be one that had super:)

Chris_S199 24 June 2003 08:11 PM

Thanks for all who replied - I've passed them on and he's very grateful :)

Chris