ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Ebuyer.Com?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/222604-ebuyer-com.html)

TBMeech 23 June 2003 01:47 PM

Am thinking of ordering some stuff from:

Ebuyer

As they are £30 odd cheaper than Overclockers / Scan for the GFX card I want.

Anyone used them?

Am about to hit the button on next day delivery stylee and before I commit want to make sure they are ok.

:)

Mr Footlong 23 June 2003 01:58 PM

Yep use them a lot without problem so far. What card have you and ptholt decided on then? ;)

TBMeech 23 June 2003 02:08 PM

Cheers Nick :)

Well after much deliberation and the death of my GF4600ti I'm gonna go for either:

Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro
http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=55&b=0&f=1

or the:

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Ultima Edition
http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9700proult.asp

What you reckon o guro of the pc world :D

Mr Footlong 23 June 2003 02:23 PM

I wouldn't do either of those tbh as you are paying a name premium more than anything for the Hercules and a premium for 'silent, but no more effective in reality cooling than the stock setup' Sapphire card.

For the Sapphire money going by Ebuyer's price, sod that and go here:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/list...cat=Video+Card

9800 Pro for the same money. Yes it's out of stock, but you would be silly not to consider one of these :)

Cheers,

Nick :)

TBMeech 23 June 2003 02:30 PM

hmmmmm interesting.

That was my thought on the Sapphire and when Pete and I were discussing it, was it "Really worth the extra" methinks not....

Overclockers are doing a deal on the Herc 9800 for about £20 more than the place you recommended.

May have to order that now as my pc's been dead for about 2 weeks and having severe withdrawal sympthoms lol :)

Mr Footlong 23 June 2003 02:40 PM

In it's stock form, the Zalman provides no advantages bar the silence. In modded form, a la my old card which is now Pete's, the heat transference was a fair bit better than stock Radeon 9700 pro cooling tho.

Cheers,

Nick :)

MattW 23 June 2003 10:55 PM

Defo recommed ebuyer - bought loads off em and all delivered on time with correct requests.

Also got the Saph 9700 ATI from them;)

TBMeech 24 June 2003 08:56 AM

Thanks for the info guys i'll bear that in mind....

Just sitting here admiring my new Radeon 9800 Pro :)

JohnnyRob 24 June 2003 06:16 PM

I've built 2 PCs with all parts from Ebuyer and have bought numerous other components from them. Well pleased with the service, price & delivery and have never needed to RMA...

Diandave 24 June 2003 09:19 PM

Used ebuyer loads no probs at all great company:D:D:D

Recaro 24 June 2003 11:00 PM

yeah I've used ebuyer loads of times too. Very good service.

Wario 24 June 2003 11:39 PM

I've used Ebuyer and the prices are good, and delivery is good, however, I did have a faulty item and their returns procedure was an absolute shambles, and took ages to finally sort out which did put me off them for certain items.

JohnnyRob 25 June 2003 08:41 AM

'I did have a faulty item and their returns procedure was an absolute shambles, and took ages to finally sort out which did put me off them for certain items.'

That's always the crunch test with these companies Wario - what happened?

Ghostdog 25 June 2003 09:57 AM

Same with me Wario, Never using them again becuase of it.

I have ordered over £3000 worth of stuff from them in the past, they sent me a DVD drive insted of blank DVDs. It even had a piece of paper in the box where someone had ticked a box saying that the order was correct. They expected me to arrange for it to be returned and pay £7! Bunch of ****s I should of returned it along with a turd

Mr Footlong 25 June 2003 10:34 AM

Not as bad IMO as Dabs taking 6 MONTHS to replace a faulty hard drive for me :(

AFAIC, that's just one of those things. Getting things nice and cheap makes up for the occasional hassle that I get.

Ebuyer got the order wrong only once with me, where I paid £22 for an Athlon 1100 and they shipped me an Athlon XP 1800XP Thorobred :) Of course I kept it:p

ozzy 25 June 2003 10:59 AM

I've used eBuyer too, but I did have hassles getting my Epox AMD Raid board. The first time they sent me an Epox P4 board by mistake, the second time the sent me the non-RAID version of my board, the 3rd time the sent the same (incorrect) Epox board again and the 4th time they got it right.

I had to re-order everything, so was out-of-pocket until the received all the incorrect items when they quickly refunded my card with the full costs (all delivery charges and even the cost for me to post all the returned items).

It wouldn't put me off using them again.

Stefan

JoeyDeacon 25 June 2003 11:14 AM

I think all of the mail order companies are fine until you have a problem, thats when you find out how good they really are.

I have used Dabs in the past and everything was fine until a parcel went missing. I phoned Parcel Force and they said there was nothing they could do and I had to get in contact with Dabs.

Don't bother ever phoning the Dabs helpline as you will be wasting your time. Phoned them at 3:00 PM and was about 20th in the queue, got to 5:00PM and I was second in the queue, just before they shut the phone line without and warning. As you can imagine after 2 hours on the phone I was a bit p!ssed off! From memory I think the phone call cost over £5 as well (lucky it was from work!)

Took a week to sort it out over email and they asked me if I wanted a refund or another parcel sent out. Strangely enough I went for the refund. Apparently trying to send back faulty equipment to dabs is an absolute nightmare.

Used ebuyer once now and not only are they cheap but the goods arrived exactly as promised.

naturbo2000 25 June 2003 10:53 PM

also been no problem with ebuyer even when things don't go to plan

Once had wrong item delivered - easy to get new item sent out and old sent back in crossover.

PS didn't need to phone anyone

PPS other site to use for more obscure components is redstore - quite funny mailing letter too ;)

[Edited by naturbo2000 - 6/25/2003 10:53:30 PM]

J1nxy 26 June 2003 08:48 AM

You could always try either www.kustompcs.co.uk or www.chillblast.com. Not always the cheapest but customer service from both has been brilliant.

Steve