ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Women, impossible to figure out!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/221873-women-impossible-to-figure-out.html)

LG John 20 June 2003 01:25 PM

What is it with women! There are impossible to figure out!?!

I freely admit I'm not the best for knowing when I'm 'in there' so to speak. In fact its been said that a burd would have to be practically hanging off my **** before I'd figure out she liked me :eek: :D

I've just been told that a lass up the stairs (in the office) likes me yet she totally blanks me everytime I walk past her. She doesn't smile, has limited eye contact and never tries to speak. Better yet, the lass who's job she took over last year liked me as well (aren't I the popular one ;)) and she was downright rude when smiled at her on passing and would almost frown and sneer at me :confused: She made it up to me though ;)

So what is this flirting business all about? :confused: I always thought some quality eye contact and a smile was a lasses way of expressing interest but in my experience it seems that if a lass totally blanks me then I'm in there?! :confused:

So girls, how do you let a guy know you like him?

P.S. My idea of letting a lass know I like her is to get nervous, panic, throw up and then shes mine ;):D;)

MarkO 20 June 2003 01:27 PM

Just assume that every woman fancies you. Then you can't get it wrong. ;)

mj 20 June 2003 01:31 PM

Reading between the lines, I would say they like you, but are obviousley embarrased about it.

Hence the cold shouder treatment, If you met them out of work and they were p1ssed enough, it would be a different story.

LG John 20 June 2003 01:36 PM

Just assume that every woman fancies you. Then you can't get it wrong.
- LOL, rejection city I think :D

bros2 20 June 2003 01:42 PM

[Edited by bros2 - 7/2/2003 2:53:00 PM]

Brun 20 June 2003 01:42 PM

Bite the bullet and ask her for a drink :)

No guts = No glory = No roll in the hay ;)

MarkO 20 June 2003 01:43 PM

One of the advantages of being married. You don't have to worry about all this "does she/doesn't she" malarky. It's taken as read, (regardless of what the truth is ;)). :D

red_dog104 20 June 2003 01:47 PM

My fella is as thick as the rest of you when it comes to women!! I had to snog the face off him before he realised I liked him!! We had been texting really filthy messages to each other for weeks before and he thought I was just 'playing'!

LG John 20 June 2003 02:00 PM

My fella is as thick as the rest of you when it comes to women!! I had to snog the face off him before he realised I liked him!! We had been texting really filthy messages to each other for weeks before and he thought I was just 'playing'!
I know how he feels, when a lass sends me texts like that I always think its 'just texts' :rolleyes:

bros2 20 June 2003 02:01 PM

[Edited by bros2 - 7/2/2003 2:53:17 PM]

JamieMacdonald 20 June 2003 02:10 PM

'Just texts' - that's the perfect relationship isn't it? Oh hang on, I was thinking of 'Just sex'! ;)

I think the problem is the individuals, not girls or boys per se.

The problem I have when I meet a nice girl is that I can't comprehend that they would actually be interested in me so I don't even go there and if I do I can be quite shy and it can come across that I'M not interested (this is what I've been told anyway)! Could be the case with these girls at work - everyone's different which is what makes life great. :D

Starting to get a bit better at it all now, in my old age (23)! :D:D

Jamie

TurboKitty 20 June 2003 04:20 PM

What I don't understand is what is it with blokes who continually tell you how mad you are, and criticise your bad taste/dodgy judgement once you have told them you like them?

Are they *really* trying to convince us they aren't worth knowing? And what if they manage it? How would they feel then?

Enquiring minds need to know...

bros2 20 June 2003 04:27 PM

[Edited by bros2 - 7/2/2003 2:53:43 PM]

Alas 20 June 2003 04:30 PM

Been married for 13 years and find that I get more conversation/smiles than before I was married. Is this because the ladies are less worried I'll make a pass?
Answers on a postcard please to
Sad Git
Going Downhill
Under the Thumb.

At least my psychotic dog thinks I'm great.:D

V5 20 June 2003 04:36 PM

I've just read thru this thinking yup, me too....and then I got to Alas' post! FPMSL! ROFLMFAO! :D:D

Iain
----
Married is good! :)

Scooby_Loo 20 June 2003 04:42 PM

Shes probably just shy, or, playing hard to get. ;)

Maybe she doesnt want to make the first move :). Just go for it, the worst she can say is 'you've got it wrong'!

(only go for it if you think shes fit though!)

:D

Loo

Bravo2zero_sps 20 June 2003 05:14 PM

No comment as my gf reads my posts!!! :eek:

I know exactly what you mean though!

weapon69 20 June 2003 06:20 PM

When i suggested a liking for my current bf (see above) ;) he blo0dy laughed!!!!!
MEN!!!!
Women never know where they stand :rolleyes:

boxst 20 June 2003 06:21 PM

weapon69:

Between the oven and the sink supposedly ...... !!

Steve.

weapon69 20 June 2003 06:28 PM

If my bf says that to me, hes gettin a slap :D

Bravo2zero_sps 20 June 2003 06:31 PM

LMAO I should be so lucky Boxst!

LG John 20 June 2003 06:45 PM

Between the oven and the sink supposedly
LMAO :D

Sith 20 June 2003 10:00 PM

Saxo, a good way to find out is if she sticks her hand down your trousers. Normally a good indicator. :D

LG John 21 June 2003 12:48 AM

I'd love a lass that's that direct :D

Adrian F 21 June 2003 12:48 AM

Saxo Boy how do you know she likes you in that way and somebody is not just winding you up.

But i know what you mean i normally wait until they are giving me a kiss before i work out they like me. but then again i have had the Text thing and e-mails so i have suggested a "date" to be told no i only wanted friends and then they disappear over the horizon never to be seen again with the "men only want one thing"?

Some body should invent a translating machine so we can actual know what women mean when they speak to us in their "code"