ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dumped.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/221612-dumped.html)

Butkus 19 June 2003 04:31 PM

Just been dumped... harsh. Sh1t, I'd forgotten what a cr@p feeling it is.

red_dog104 19 June 2003 04:33 PM

Poor you. What did you do wrong?!

Badger Stuffer 19 June 2003 04:33 PM

Sorry to hear it.

Best advice I can give you is:

Don't dwell on it.
Pick yourself up.
Get on with life.

:D

south-star 19 June 2003 04:34 PM

And you want?..........

Butkus 19 June 2003 04:43 PM

Didn't do anything wrong I don't think. "We're too different", "we have work commitments" etc etc.. nothing new!

Sh1tty feeling. Gutted.

This probably isn't the place for it, but it's good to air it!

sexy wrx69 19 June 2003 04:44 PM

go out...get drunk...and pull someone else.

always works if you want to get over someone quickly.

:D

Butkus 19 June 2003 04:49 PM

Sounds like a plan. Going for a long bike ride first.

Maybe I'll 'do a Forrest Gump'. I just kept on goin'....

fitzscoob 19 June 2003 05:35 PM

also remember to post any naked piccies of her on the net once you stop feeling upset and your emotions turn to anger :)

super_si 19 June 2003 05:39 PM

Take a peek

:(

babber 19 June 2003 06:00 PM

Tell you what mate, get yourself off sharking in the local town and that will make you feel much better. I enjoy being single, it's great ;) Life is far to short to get pissed off, find yourself a nice baffalo chick!!

Phill

weapon69 19 June 2003 08:03 PM

Gettin drunk, dancing stupidly and snogging my best mate works wonders for me;) :D

babber 19 June 2003 08:20 PM

Don't know about snogging your best mate unless she's female ? But yeah I agree.....Get on one :eek:

Phill

weapon69 19 June 2003 08:22 PM

Either, doesn't bother me ;)

babber 19 June 2003 08:23 PM

Are you male or female ? If your female, then that acceptable ;) and quite encouraged!!!

Phill

weapon69 19 June 2003 08:28 PM

Female:)

Spoon 19 June 2003 08:32 PM

Phew, I was about to head off too Babber, now i'll stay :D

ProperCharlie 19 June 2003 08:35 PM

It all comes around Butkus. It's funny now when I look back on people who showed me the hard shoulder and I think - if I saw you dying of thirst I wouldn't cross the road to p!ss in your mouth; I'd get someone else to do it for me. All you have to do is keep on believing in yourself.

Charlie :)

Butkus 19 June 2003 09:43 PM

Thanks Charlie :)

babber 20 June 2003 12:20 AM

weapon69,

Fair play to you, are you single ??

Seriously if you feel good about yourself and you don't look like your gagging for it, it'll come your way!! I bought a few new clothes and went out with a few good mates, and was beating them off with sticks!!

Phill

Bravo2zero_sps 20 June 2003 01:16 AM

No she isn't single :p

But I can't wait to see her snogging her best friend! :D

248SPG 20 June 2003 01:24 AM

Looks like someones getting jealous Bob ;)

Houlbt 20 June 2003 02:15 AM

Happened to me about 10 weeks ago, I had been in a relationship for a good length of time..... did not see it coming, maybe I should have though, unfortunately it was the job/career that killed it.

Anyway, like I said was gutted, spent a month trying to win her back which I think she quite liked but still she would not change her mind. Finally I made the decision to let go and get on with life. My mates were great and all made sure I got out loads and the girls loved setting me up with all their mates.... :)

What happens next...about 3 weeks ago... once I stop chasing the ex wants me back, claims it has been a huge mistake and she regrets it. Oops! Tough, I've let go now and I don't think I could forgive her for the heart ache. Besides if she can just dump me like that then change her mind what is to say she won't do it again???

Either way, I am happy being single for now. You will move on... and you will find someone else mate... but in the mean time play the field

BTW... notice you profile says trader, me to.. what you trade? I trade European Gas and Power for a US trading company.

[Edited by Houlbt - 20/06/2003 02:16:42]

Butkus 20 June 2003 08:23 AM

Houlbt,

I trade (well, in the learning phase at the moment) the S&P 500, and lately I've been looking at Soya beans too. Because I'm struggling with this at the moment, being dumped at the same time feels worse than it probably should do. I trade from home so it gets pretty solitary here.

How long have you traded for? I think I'd be better off at a firm. How would I go about getting into it?

Houlbt 20 June 2003 06:49 PM

So is that your profession... or is it a side line? Trading stuff like the S&P (futures on the index as a whole I assume) is tricky. At the end of the day you might know your stuff, have a good broker and even a reuters terminal... but you aren't CitiBank or Goldmans and you are always going to be up against the big boys.

You have to take longer term positions to make money, I don't think you can dip in and out very effectively on a small scale and make good money.

Soya.. brave move. I played with potato futures a couple of years back and got burned big time.

Now, I trade prompt power and natural gas...but we are a big fish and can deal in volumes that move the market in their own right.

Getting into stuff like this.... unless you enter at a trainee level and do the ground work it is pretty tricky. I grew up in a trading environment (albeit somewhat different from the norm) talked my way into a hedging/trading role for a power company a couple of years back. Been trading for 3.5 years now since leaving Uni and not looked back. I love what I do though and I think you need to otherwise the stress can get to you.

Do you use Betfair... you should if you want to understand/experience how volatile inday trading works without betting the ranch.

Email me at Tom@potatotrader.com and I'll try and answer some questions and point you in the direction of some useful stuff

weapon69 20 June 2003 07:35 PM

LOL-

I bought a few new clothes and went out with a few good mates, and was beating them off with sticks!!
That works to ;):D