ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Radio 1, 2 or local? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/221315-radio-1-2-or-local.html)

Chip 18 June 2003 06:26 PM

Listen to Radio 2 most days whilst driving but when I got into my van today one of the young guys had changed the channel to Radio 1. Listened to it for a bit then thougfht what a total load of ****e it was.

Now realise why I grew out of it.

So what do most scoob drivers listen to. Think the older guys & gals on here will be radio 2 men.

Chip.

Chip.

eddie h 18 June 2003 06:27 PM

galaxy 105

Butkus 18 June 2003 06:31 PM

I'm 26 and I listen to Radio 2. I listen to Jeremy Vine, but I must admit that if he's not on I 'channel surf' in the car trying to find some decent tunes.

Alas 18 June 2003 06:33 PM

Radio 2 for me - or BBC Scotland(really the same thing with a different accent)
Only trouble is that when they play a Sinatra tune I find myself driving faster.
Don't think it would stand up in court:D
Alas

scooby-tc 18 June 2003 06:33 PM

I always listen to Radio 2 wogan is quality in the mornings and im not bad at pop master either :D and as for steve wright nuff said pure genious

PG 18 June 2003 06:36 PM

one

boxst 18 June 2003 06:39 PM

Hello

Everyone should listen to Virgin Radio! www.virginradio.co.uk

Pete and Geoff in the morning are really funny.

Steve.

NACRO 18 June 2003 06:44 PM

Radio 4 for me.

TopBanana 18 June 2003 06:54 PM

4 most of the time... still sometimes make the mistake of listening to radio one during the day, lasts no more than 5 mins. Listen to MP3's the rest of the time

Apparition 18 June 2003 06:56 PM

HEART 106.2................Lots of music, very little chat, and no DJs who like the sound of their own voices over and above music.

fatherpierre 18 June 2003 06:57 PM

A mixture of 1, 5 and the London stations. Except for Capital as that's fooking sh1te and 10 times worse than 1.

And a bit of Virgin too as it doesn't play the same songs over and over and over and over again. Plus, it's on FM here.

[Edited by fatherpierre - 6/18/2003 7:02:50 PM]

NotoriousREV 18 June 2003 07:00 PM

No radio station caters for me. I like rock music (MTV2 is perfect for me) but I can't stand any kind of commercial radio.

Radio 1's DJ's annoy the hell out of me and they play far too much RnB/Garage/Hip hop etc. despite having a "dedicated black music" sister station. Where's the dedicated white music sister station?

I find Terry Wogan just as annoying as Sara Cox and Jonny Walker makes me want to go to sleep for some reason, also they don't play enough "edgy" music which is what I like.

So if someone would create Radio 1 1/2 for me, I'd be much obliged, ta.

7 Foot 18 June 2003 07:04 PM

I'm 26 and I always listen to Radio 2 on the way to work. Not all of the music is to my taste but Wogan is hilarious.

Is it me or does Sara Cox struggle with the English language?

Butkus 18 June 2003 07:05 PM

Once you've listened to them for long enough you keep just hearing the same stuff played over and over again. The only time you get something different is on something like Jonathan Ross' Saturday show. There's just no diversity.

As a side note - does anyone like the new Flaming Lips song 'Fight Test'? I know it sounds just like 'Father and Son' by Cat Stevens but it's still pretty good :)

fatherpierre 18 June 2003 07:25 PM

It's almost a direct copy at times. Not bad though.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 18 June 2003 07:28 PM

Well, I'm "older" ;)

But its Vibe FM anywhere I can get it, Virgin around/inside M25 & Radio 1 most other places.

Interspersed with Radio 4 when its news time sometimes...

wideboyuk 18 June 2003 07:32 PM

As I'm in London, mixture of Radio 1(Moyles is the best) and Kiss 100.
PS: I'm (only) 28 so not quite onto Radio 2 yet ;)

RichiW 18 June 2003 08:12 PM

31 and just getting into radio2 :o

Two years ago it was Galaxy non-stop .... wheres me pipe?? :)

simo 18 June 2003 08:36 PM

radio 2 at night & sat am, Jonathon Ross :) funny bloke.

Sarah Cox talks the same sh**e every day and Chris Moyles is not far behind. Local Radio (Chiltern /Horizon) have the most adverts allowed by law :( so give them a miss, 3 Counties radio not bad during day for talk show depending on subject.

If in traffic on the way to work, bbc1 or itv come up nicely (near sandy heath transmitter)

simon

fitzscoob 18 June 2003 08:44 PM

all radio stations are pants now, you cant have a song played without 10 minutes of adverts afterwards, thanks to my mp3 player i no longer need the radio :)

jonny32 18 June 2003 08:46 PM

33 ,Five live but 1-3 mark and lard :)

Crush 18 June 2003 08:50 PM

Virgin. Pete & Geoff in the morning are funny as fook :D

Although they do tend to stick with the same songs, instead of playing newer stuff. Ie: U2, Clash, Nirvana... A bit of diversity wouldn't go a miss sometimes. But I can't listen to any other station. Radio 1 is the biggest pile of crap on the airwaves :rolleyes:

:cool:

jimbrit 18 June 2003 11:20 PM

XFM or Five Live. Mark and Lard still rock though. Best thing on R1 by a long way

Nigel H 19 June 2003 08:39 AM

Planet rock (DAB only) www.planetrock.co.uk

Radio 2 and Radio 5 Live (much better on DAB btw)

Radio is too purile for my tastes :)

V5 19 June 2003 08:40 AM

I switched to Five Live a couple of years ago when I got a "proper" commute. Initially it was a no choice thing - I hate commercial radio with a passion, and Sara Cox does my head in!! She is a http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/knob.gif and should be http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bigun2.gif or http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/laser.gif or even http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/behead.gif

Sorry....will calm down now.... :D

The only thing I'd listen to on Radio1 is Chris Moyles :D Comedy Dave cracks me up! :D

NACRO 19 June 2003 08:47 AM

I don't like Sara Cox's radio program at all, however I remember when she was on that terrible CH4 program "the girlie show" (I think?) there were at least two things to recommend her!

ProperCharlie 19 June 2003 08:49 AM

I grew up listening to BBC London/GLR. It the early days this was a class radio station; however it has gone down hill, been taken over by talk shows, vannessa felz etc. However, I still listen to Danny Baker in the morning, even better atm as Bob Mills is standing in. BRING BACK BOB MILLS, is what I say. Apart from that I try to catch Robert Elms where I can, although they have moved his show to the middle of the day. Other than that it's radio 2. Jonnie Walker is fine by me. Steve Wright is a feckin moron IMO. Prefer even Ken Bruce to "Wrighty".

Charlie :)

Gordo 19 June 2003 10:59 AM

5 live for me (I'm 31), love the drive time shows analysing the news etc

I hate Radio 1 - aside from bits of the Mark and Lard show it seems to be full of 'street' music presented by hapless yoof type DJs - what a load of erse.

Gordo

Nimbus 19 June 2003 11:17 AM

Radio1 if i'm in the car in the afternoon (mark and lard), but mainly Classic FM. :D

ScoobyWon't 19 June 2003 11:54 AM

Only Mark & Lard on 1, then local stations for anything else.