ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   A post to say thanks (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/221276-a-post-to-say-thanks.html)

rb5037 18 June 2003 04:26 PM

Over a year ago a saw someone drive into a parked car in a carpark and do nothing about it. I put a note on the parked car explaining this and left all the other cars details. Few weeks later insurance company sent me forms and i filled them out and that was that.
Today i got a card with some M&S vouchers and a note from the person whos car it belonged to saying thanks.
Just wanted to express my thourghts as that was very kind.

Had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago but no note from anyone, but caught the b@st@rd on cctv.

Some people ay!

Paulo P 18 June 2003 04:49 PM

Nice result :cool: I was witness to an accident and filled out forms etc but haven't even had a thanks :( I gave the guy who got knocked off his motorbike my number so he could call me but he just gave my number to his insurance company :rolleyes: Some people

Paul

Leslie 19 June 2003 08:49 PM

It does make it all worthwhile when someone takes the trouble to give thanks for a favour. Just seems like good manners to me. Hope that doesn't disappear completely.

Les :)

jusb 19 June 2003 09:00 PM

couple of weeks ago i had a couple of police officers round at my house in bullet proof vests threatning to charge me with a hit and run, they said my car was spotted in an supermarket car park and when the driver opened the door to enter the vehicle it touched another car, we have two witnesses they said and we're gonna check the cctv so you might as well admit it.
they frightened my girlfreind so much she took an asthma attack and had a migrane for 3 days

i'm tempted to name the station and officers involved

7 Foot 19 June 2003 10:04 PM

:cool:

Well done RB.

danny-boy 19 June 2003 11:37 PM

Jusb, did you get the officers’ number, if so a harsh letter to the Chief Constable is in order!

Cheers

Dan

Scoob99 20 June 2003 09:09 AM

Like it, nice one:D
Cheers
Colin

wos 69 20 June 2003 09:14 AM

Excellent :D

rb5037 20 June 2003 09:27 AM

It is nice for a thanks.

Shame some car drivers don't respect their or anyone elses cars and just leave the seen after i bang when they know they did it!

Adam

chiark 20 June 2003 09:43 AM

Good feeling innit? I saw a bus knock a wing mirror off a car parked legally and correctly (under a lamp post, too!). It also put quite a lot of scratches down the side...

Left a note with my details & the bus details (bus reg, time, bus number), got a phonecall a few days later saying that the bus driver denied it initially but has now 'fessed up after hearing there was a witness.

Got a chrimble card from the guy that year saying thanks again :D - utterly surprised, but a good warm and fuzzy feeling. I just hope that karma is at work ;)

Cheers,
Nick.