ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Westaway Motors Northampton (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/219878-westaway-motors-northampton.html)

AndyMoody 14 June 2003 01:30 PM

Anyone used this dealer for servicing? Are they any good and what oil do they put in or can you supply your own?

Thanks,

Andy.

[Edited by AndyMoody - 6/14/2003 1:32:17 PM]

The Zohan 14 June 2003 07:30 PM

Bought my car from them.

Service is very good, they are car enthusiasts. I had disk warping problems on a saturday which they sorted out 1st thing Monday as i was due to drive to France Tuesday, they fitted me in even though they where busy, also help and advice.

Derek runs parts and know tons about Scoobs as well as owning quite a few.

Thunder77 11 July 2003 06:17 PM

Can't fault them thus far, quick efficient, friendly. Dunno about the oil though. They do give 10% SIDC discount too.

AndyMoody 11 July 2003 06:41 PM

Thanks for that. I can use either Westaway or Oakley Garage as both are about the same distance from me. I'm not going to use the local one to me after not having good reports and a previous experience with them. Any idea if they provide a loan car?

Andy.

Butty 11 July 2003 09:21 PM

You'll find that Westaways are OK with JDM models but Oakley won't touch them.
Andy, they do provide a "courtesy" car in the shape of trusty Justy.
I'm surprised it hasn't blown up yet with its abuse. ;)

Nick
1997 Forester S/tb

AndyMoody 11 July 2003 09:42 PM

I've got a EU MY03 WRX and just wondered how either Westaway or Oakley were for servicing them. I heard no way would Oakley let you supply own oil and they use Shell Helix. I was hoping to use either Mobil 1 Motorsport or Castrol RS 10-60.

Don't care if it is a Justy, my Mum had one of those way back as a loan car and it's better than walking!

Andy.

wacky.banana 11 July 2003 11:03 PM

Andy,

Westaways are very good. Been using them for over 3 years now & will use no one else for my cars. BTW the curtesy (sic?) car is now a Ford Ka.

When you see them ask for Mick, the Sevice Manager. Tell him I gave you the nod.

Cheers

WB

NXG 11 July 2003 11:22 PM

Hi,

I can vouch for Westaway too. Girlfriend bought a WRX from them nealry 3 years ago and they've been great with it. I took delivery of a WRX last weekend from them, and despite supply problems they've done everything they can to make me feel better about things.

In summary, go there.

Steve.

AndyMoody 12 July 2003 09:02 AM

Anyone know about which oil they use or if you can supply your own?

Andy.

Butty 12 July 2003 09:34 PM

Give them a ring.
I supplied a cam belt for my JDM and they fitted it. I guess that their profit is made in labour rather than parts.
I also do part of the service myself (plugs and easy bits) and they complete the rest of the service for the stamp and their expert eye .

Nick
1997 Forester S/tb

Bullring 30 July 2003 11:37 PM

Getting my MY03 from Westaway in September (counting the days). Great to read such good reports about them.

Does anyone know if they would/could fit a Barrier Deadlock? (see Security topic's).

BTY. Their new demo is a Black WRX SL.

[Edited by Bullring - 7/30/2003 11:38:41 PM]

[Edited by Bullring - 7/30/2003 11:38:59 PM]

AndyMoody 07 September 2003 12:37 PM

My MY03 EU import is up for it's 7500Km service soon, anyone know about the oil, can you supply your own?

Plus what's better if you can.....Mobil 1 Motorsport or Castrol RS 10/60?

Tried ringing Westaway yesterday morning (Saturday) but no one in except Sales Dept to answer my questions.

Thanks,

Andy.

[Edited by AndyMoody - 9/7/2003 12:38:37 PM]

[Edited by AndyMoody - 9/7/2003 2:31:19 PM]

Mike Stokes 09 September 2003 01:08 PM

Oakley's used to service my MY00 Turbo when I lived in Northampton, never had any trouble with them. If you want to supply your own oil I don't see a problem, I did several times. Brian is the service chappy.

Courtesy cars aren't up to much though, a brace of VX Intercorsa's with hairdryers instead of engines....

HTH

Mike.