ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone work with foam??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/219723-anyone-work-with-foam.html)

Luke 13 June 2003 06:50 PM

Need to get some very nice quality Dark grey foam cut. Only a very small amout. Its for a little project i'm doing. Must be cut wery well. Biggest section will be about 10cm x 30cm x 2 cm!!!

Cheers

sammyh 13 June 2003 08:42 PM

Luke try and find a car seat upolsterer (sp) there is one by me if you can't find one and i'll go and see if they can help :)

Ps - Have not forgoten about your stuff (but I have if you know what I mean)

I need to speak to you so i'll ring you soon :)

Luke 13 June 2003 09:24 PM

Hi Sam

I need this for a project I am doing on some headphones!!!! Will try to find some local .But if not I will contact you.

Dpnt worry about stuff(!!) I am selling it tomorrow as i ve just been offered a all dancing black dell monster with 17.inch flat screen etc........ All I need now is to learn how to use the thing !!!!

Be Lucky

Luke

Have "they" noticed Ive been keeping my promise??? !!

[Edited by Luke - 6/13/2003 9:26:25 PM]

[Edited by Luke - 6/13/2003 9:26:44 PM]

RON 14 June 2003 12:08 AM

Luke,
you need to find someone who has a proper foam cutter, it can be cut with a breadknife, but it's not very neat, most upholsterers don't have a really decent cutter, but I know a bloke in bournemouth who sells foam in bulk, but he also makes up small qauntity special shapes for people, so, look for foam converters in your phone book, they should/might be able to help!

Ron (upholsterer)

sammyh 14 June 2003 12:08 AM

Yes ;) It has been mentioned :D

Luke 14 June 2003 08:42 PM

cheers

XRS 14 June 2003 09:28 PM

Used to run an indoor adventure playground. We used an electric carving knife :D

Alas 14 June 2003 09:45 PM

Used to be a laminator a long time ago working on yachts. We used foam then in interiors. For tricky work we used to get an upholsterer in also.
Alas

Luke 14 June 2003 09:46 PM

I hope this doesnt turn into a 7 page monster!!!

Ray_li 15 June 2003 04:18 PM

Are you a designer? If so give us some work experience and I'll bring some Blue Foam down with me. The blue stiff is not as good but it still good sh1t. used it through out Uni.

Ray

Luke 15 June 2003 05:30 PM

Ray

Not by trade.... But I am always designing thigs and trying to get them better.... 1/2 end up never working again!!!

These foam pieces are for a project i am doing on a pair of headphones i bought from another scoobynet member. I need the correct shade and a good quality.

Cheers

luke

Ray_li 15 June 2003 09:06 PM

The cheap and easy way to get your hands on the foam is from a florist or a florist dealer because they use them to stick flowers in.
If you come up with a dead end let me know and i'll contact my old uni and ask them where they get the foam from.
rswli@hotmail.com
Dont you just love model making.

Ray

Leslie 16 June 2003 02:30 PM

Its just possible you might find what you need in a Fly Fishing shop Luke. It is used for making a particular fly called a "Booby" would you believe! I have got a dark grey block about 6"x3"x1" which I bought some time ago.

Les :)