ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   what (average priced ) BIG BRAKE CONVERSION WOULD YOU CHOOSE? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/219568-what-average-priced-big-brake-conversion-would-you-choose.html)

wwp8 13 June 2003 10:48 AM

what would you choose between
the bremsport 4pot kit
hi spec monster 4 or 6 pot kit
hi spec billet 4 kit
tar-ox 4 pot kit
tar-ox 6 pot kit

bear in mind for normal drive use and not track days

getting a kit in a few months time but costs alot so don't wanna do a mistake

alcazar 13 June 2003 11:56 AM

I've got a Godpeed 4-pot 325mm kit for sale now, almost half price, less than a year old................:D:
Alcazar

wwp8 13 June 2003 01:06 PM

no dispresect to godspeed, i was very interested in them but the reason why i didn't list them is because there seems to be alot of minor problems,
ie missing this missing that and occasionally judders etc etc.

the service as i read alot about them is second to none.
but not my cup of tea

Gidney&Knowlesy 13 June 2003 03:27 PM

You missed the AP's and KAD big brake kits

alcazar 13 June 2003 05:53 PM

Well, there's nowt missing from my kit, and it's been bedded properly, so no judder either.:): That's one of the major causes.
Visit www.stoptech.com
Alcazar

wwp8 17 June 2003 09:29 AM

after some searches tarox don't seem to be very good, hispec, (SO SO ) but they don't reply to emails so, not in my good books then.
BREMSPORT! not much info. but sometimes good prices.

£884.63 a good price?

Pavlo 17 June 2003 10:44 AM

I would probably go with th Brembo Godspeed kit.

There is also a Wilwood kit with AP discs, done by someone on here that goes for about £1100 including pads, lines, fluid and rear pads

Paul

DBY 17 June 2003 10:56 AM

I have last week fitted a Godspeed 335 kit with Ferodo 2500 pads and braided lines to MY03 WRX for £630 and am very impressed with the quality of the kit. Have covered about 300 miles so far and am taking it steady for the first 500 miles and have nothing but praise for the new braking efficiency and pedal feel over the standard set up and fitted under 18 inch PPf7 wheels they look the Dogs Danglies with their grooves and cross drilling! Yes i know about cross drilling of discs I have no intention of driving on a track and they will be fine for normal road use. Not connected with Godspeed in any way just a very happy customer.

Regards

John

PS Thanks very much to Ron who fitted them for me

Pitch Black 17 June 2003 04:27 PM

I got AP 330mm discs, AP 6 Pots, Pagid pads, braided lines, AP fluid for £1,650 from Questmeed in Rochdale.

Quality :)

FASTER MIKE!! 17 June 2003 07:18 PM

well i'm with Alcazar i had no parts missing from my kit either. as for price i could'nt find a kit which is cheaper and the difference between the godspeed kit and std 2 pots is amazing. speak to ian if you can get through, because he's very helpfull, won`t sell you the dearest kit, and very enthusiastic.

mike very happy with his 325mm 4 pots :)

blitz imp reza 17 June 2003 07:25 PM

I have got the godspeed brembo kit very good, Bedded in now no problems very good value for money. Scoobysport sold a very similar kit a while back for alot more cash.
My opinion is that the brembo kit is the best for under 1K.
Replacement pads are under £100 another thing to consider.
Think grahame goode was doing some deals on the brembo kits aswell as Godspeed.
Do your homework on some of the other calipers, some do not have dust seals on the pistons, not good for everyday driving on the roads!
Everyone I have spoken to with AP's fitted have had no problems and are pleased with them, but they do cast a bit more.

Andy555 19 June 2003 09:28 AM

anybody tried the 355 HiSpec/TSL kit?

Andy555 19 June 2003 10:42 AM

Possible Group Buy on Brembo Big Brake Kit - CHEAP

[Edited by Andy555 - 6/19/2003 10:44:40 AM]