ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Proven Motor Company (formerly Concours Motor Company) (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/218862-proven-motor-company-formerly-concours-motor-company.html)

boultsy 11 June 2003 01:52 PM

Has anyone used these lot, comments good and bad please.

:)

Daz WRX 12 June 2003 07:21 AM

We meet again:)

If these are the guys in Haslemere then My old man used them and generally rated them way over and above Spar5hit5, good friendly service as well as I recall.

Daz,
PS did you get your zorst yet?

boultsy 12 June 2003 08:59 AM

think I might pop in and sound them out then:)

Zorst - nope not yet:( have you

Daz WRX 12 June 2003 09:55 AM

Nope, me neither maild them and they went out Monday so they cant take this long.

I'll mail them again to find out whats going on.

Daz.

Daz WRX 12 June 2003 03:51 PM

Got a call from them should be calling you aswell to explain.

Daz.

boultsy 12 June 2003 03:52 PM

yeh sorted (hopefully)

Danny Boy 13 June 2003 03:41 PM

I bought my scooby from them MY99 with only 16K miles on it.
The sales dept are very friendly and helpful.
No prejudice against a young lad, 22 at the time looking at buying a scooby. I can't fault them.
However the service department i have some concerns about.
I took my car back to them after about two months of ownership because the gearbox felt funny. It was very notchy and would crunch between 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 5th. The service guy reluctently agreed to take a look at it and took it out for a drive and pronounced it fine with the 'they all do that sir' line! Still not happy i decided to look into it a bit further myself, with a bit of research in scoobynet i decided to check the g-box oil levels and found it only about three quarters full. Having now changed the g-box oil myself and put enough in, the box is transformed. I have not been back to Proeven motor co since as that did not instill any confidence in me. However this might be an isolated incident but i have decided to go else where.

Danny Boy

boultsy 13 June 2003 05:32 PM

thanks for the feedback danny.
:)

boultsy

[Edited by boultsy - 6/13/2003 5:33:18 PM]

Daz WRX 14 June 2003 05:24 PM

Boultsy,
got the Zorst? Mine arrived yesterday, havent fitted it yet was going to get it done today but Swissol tuenrd up this morning so spent most of the day waxing.

Let us know how you get on at proven if you got there, they could be another possibility for me as well.

Cheers
Daz.

rob barron 16 June 2003 09:33 AM

Have brought two Imprezas from them a MY98 Terzo & a P1 (both from new)
Always had them serviced there as well and never had any problems.

I can highly recommend Proven Motor Co, always found the Sales and Service staff to be very friendly and helpful - nothing is ever too much trouble for them. :D

Cheers,

Rob
P1 Web Owners Club
www.P1woc.co.uk

boultsy 17 June 2003 01:35 PM

Must say I was pleased with what i found, excellent attitude and the service manager has got a scooby so that's always a good start:)

Only a small service so not going to rant about them too much but yeh I'd recomend them, worth the trip from the pride of the south that is pompey:D

Yeh got the zorst Daz, looking to fit tonight so listen out for me;-) did the swissol sort your sparsh1ts handy work out?

Daz WRX 17 June 2003 02:49 PM

Swissol was excellent, removed all the sh1tty rough paint patches that sparsh1ts managed to make.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you, I'll have to get mine sorted this wekend me thinks.

Daz.

BDDC 18 June 2003 03:40 PM

I HAVE RECNETLY USED PROVEN FOR 90K SERVICE THEY WERE FAST FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT. THE COST OF THE SERVICE WAS VERY CLOSE TO WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD BE. FREE DELIVERY & COLLECTION WAS A GREAT BONUS. THE STAFF GAVE VERY GOOD ADVICE THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I USED THEM. HAS ANY ONE ELSE USED THEM?

robs 18 July 2003 07:22 PM

I've used them a few times for servicing, & they put me a clutch in too. No complaints really, but not outstanding either.
Used Crossroad (Rake), (gulp!), for last service, & they quoted clutch at half the price I'd just paid at Proven. I felt the 'service' was better too...will be returning there in preference.
Bought mine from Spars***, & had the 90K done there too, but was less than impressed..

[Edited by robs - 18/07/2003 19:24:41]