ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Green Wagon Driving Like a T1T, Leeds. (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/218673-green-wagon-driving-like-a-t1t-leeds.html)

sulli 10 June 2003 10:24 PM

Horses, cyclists and walkers don't pay roadtaxx, so hopefully if they are encroaching onto taxpayers property they will be runover by this vigilante of the road. I just hope if that happens, his nice green scoob isn't too damaged :p

Spoon 10 June 2003 10:26 PM

Don't park your car on the road then, it's probably that causing the screeching of other vehicles trying to negotiate your car.

Clear the roads for moving vehicles.

corradoboy 10 June 2003 10:30 PM

Spoon:- Where do you suggest I park being as I'm so poor I have no driveway or garage?

Dazza012 10 June 2003 10:30 PM

well if ur parking ur cars there, aren't u adding to the problem, get ur drive dropped and park it on ur front...thus giving the driver a clear veiw of the road ahead..

Spoon 10 June 2003 10:32 PM

Anywhere bar the road, failing that buy a bike and hang it off a hook by your front door(assuming you have one).

corradoboy 10 June 2003 10:36 PM

We park on the outside of the bend, thus not obscuring vision.

But hang on, I'm the one legally parked, taxed, insured, MOT'd and not parked on the double yellows on the other side, he's the one razzing around like a Max/FUK Nova Kn0b getting Scoobers a bad name AND I GET THE GRIEF.?????!!!?!?!!!?!??!?

Dazza012 10 June 2003 10:39 PM

ah but if he gets a bike the green scooby wagon might run into him and knock him over......

monstermunch 10 June 2003 10:40 PM

Funny you should say that, I was in Leeds a few days back and spotted 2 lads in a green waggon If I remember correctly it was a T reg impreza, and must add he was driving like a complete tw@t, overtaking cars at 80mph on a 40mph zone.

If you the culprit are reading this, yup we all know that scoobs are fast cars (most of us own them) but driving like a t0sser in built up area is only proving that you don't give a care in the world about other people.

There are places and times to blast your motor, pick them wisley.

MM

millband 10 June 2003 10:41 PM

Mmmm... think you're all being a bit harsh on corraboboy there.

I have a green wagon, and sometimes drive like a t1t, hence I read the post :) I also live and commute in a semi-rural area and roads like he describes are 30 limit for a reason - so you can safely avoid the hazards. If we can be responsible in the 30 zones, maybe the Govmnt. will leave us alone in the 60 zones in the countryside, where the real fun is to be had.

Steve

corradoboy 10 June 2003 10:43 PM

Millband & Monstermuch

At last, sanity restored. I was starting to lose faith in everyone.

jjones 10 June 2003 10:54 PM

corradoboy.

in your first post substitute green wagon for green nova. you will then get 500 replies all condeming boy racers and nova drivers.

how dare you insinuate that a subaru driver could be driving in a dangerous manner.

typical of this bbs.

corradoboy 10 June 2003 11:04 PM

I live in a semi-rural area on the outskirts of Leeds and at about 9pm tonight a Green NOVA WITH A SUBARU TURBO WAGON BODY KIT which I have seen around the area for about 2 months now just drove past my house at about 50, and continued to accelerate into the distance. We're on a blind bend which is reduced to a single carriageway due to parked cars (mine) and a 30mph limit. There are often horse riders, cyclists and walkers (thankfully not so many kids) and it was twilight, the most accident prone time of the day. Everyday we hear a couple of screeching halts right outside our door from near collisions at probably lower speeds than this guy was doing.
If you're on here mate, or you know him, keep it for the open road please.

Happy now JJones.

jjones 10 June 2003 11:29 PM

;) :)

BuRR 10 June 2003 11:57 PM

I think I'll sell my green wagon that lives near Leeds. I'll be getting a bad name. (It wasn't me, btw)

Did you get at least a partial reg?

steviep73 11 June 2003 06:29 AM

You sure about that BuRR??? ;)

BuRR 11 June 2003 07:40 AM

Yup. :)

GaryScoobNCBR 11 June 2003 10:28 AM

corrado boy i think the first few posts were just winding you up...

people that drive like that in 30 limits are just f kin low lifes

Spoon 11 June 2003 07:57 PM

Now he's changed the car!!!

Can we believe anything he say's?

Next it'll be a granny on a BMX.

SJ_Skyline 12 June 2003 08:09 AM

Next it'll be a granny on a BMX.
Surely you mean one of those shopmobility chariots? I nearly got knocked down on a pedestrianised high street by one of those bugg3rs! I had to step back so quickly I nearly spilled my beer! Bet you they don't drive with insurance! :rolleyes:

I don't know, the grandparents of today! :sigh:

corradoboy 06 October 2003 10:19 PM

I live in a semi-rural area on the outskirts of Leeds and at about 9pm tonight a Green Turbo Wagon which I have seen around the area for about 2 months now just drove past my house at about 50, and continued to accelerate into the distance. We're on a blind bend which is reduced to a single carriageway due to parked cars (mine) and a 30mph limit. There are often horse riders, cyclists and walkers (thankfully not so many kids) and it was twilight, the most accident prone time of the day. Everyday we hear a couple of screeching halts right outside our door from near collisions at probably lower speeds than this guy was doing.

[Edited by corradoboy - 6/10/2003 10:20:32 PM]

Krade 06 October 2003 11:33 PM

corradoboy

I live in a semi-rural area on the outskirts of Leeds and at about 9pm tonight a Green NOVA WITH A SUBARU TURBO WAGON BODY KIT which I have seen around the area for about 2 months now just drove past my house at about 50, and continued to accelerate into the distance. We're on a blind bend which is reduced to a single carriageway due to parked cars (mine) and a 30mph limit. There are often horse riders, cyclists and walkers (thankfully not so many kids) and it was twilight, the most accident prone time of the day. Everyday we hear a couple of screeching halts right outside our door from near collisions at probably lower speeds than this guy was doing.
ROFLMAO

[Edited by Krade - 6/10/2003 11:33:41 PM]

Monday Lad 06 November 2003 12:37 AM

Here Here, Corroboy ;) and Millbank.

[Edited by Monday Lad - 6/11/2003 12:37:27 AM]