ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Interest in ECU diagnostic software? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/218279-interest-in-ecu-diagnostic-software.html)

dnb 09 June 2003 11:08 PM

nkh & I have been working for a while now on some diagnostic software for pre97 Imprezas based on the select monitor connection. It can display all the select monitor type things like speed, rpm, boost pressure, lambda etc... graph them over time and let you save log files. (It's a bit like Delta dash, I suppose...)

I am working on a couple of other bits as well, like a fuel economy meter. (I know - Scoobs don't have a fuel economy :rolleyes: - I just wanted to know just how much they didn't have...)

This all works on a laptop and an adaptor cable. I was wondering if there would be any interest if we polished up the software and put it up for sale for a reasonable price on Scoobyshop?

I will be at the Northern Big One with my laptop doing some more testing, so if you want to see the software in action, then collar me sometime on the day - I'll only be too happy to talk Scoobs for a bit ;)

I am also looking at a version for the 97 to 98 cars. However, this may take a little more time, as I don't have one to test with!

Delboy2 10 June 2003 12:14 AM

I would be very interested :D

StickyMicky 10 June 2003 01:15 AM

hmmm very intresting
i just mailed andrew c about this as his ecu monitor kits have a port out for logging the select monitor data

if it works with his monitor (which i would asume it would do) i would be pretty intrested

http://www.scoobymonitor.co.uk/
i should get my monitor back today (it had a corrupt chip :( )
i need a lap top lol

Rich Tee 10 June 2003 02:32 AM

i'd be deffo interested in this

Rich

speedstermick 10 June 2003 02:41 AM

id be interested.
mick.
but mine is a my 96 prodrive wagon.

maniac morgan 10 June 2003 06:54 AM

v interested in this

morgan

dnb 10 June 2003 09:07 AM

StickyMicky, ny software is stand alone - it plugs into the select port instead of the Scoobymonitor. (I rather like the Scoobymonitor and am looking at getting one, but AFAIK Andrew hasn't made it work with the pre97 cars yet :( )

SpeedsterMick - I've used this so far with my car (MY96 UK turbo) a MY93 or 94 WRX wagon and a MY96 WRX saloon. It should work on most cars.

Pavlo 10 June 2003 09:18 AM

can you confirm you have lambda sensor output?

What about knock correction?

Paul

dnb 10 June 2003 10:22 AM

Pavlo, YHM.

ScoobyDuck 10 June 2003 05:50 PM

DNB,
interested also. specially in the graphing bit!

I have tested your basic reader (no graphing etc) on my MY97 & all works fine (with correct param file)
would be happy to test graphing etc on MY97 - or any other bits!

& then maybe I can make my software work on something other than MY97/98's ! why do these ECU's hate single reads !! (well ok - they dont .. it's poxy windows that cant hackit!)

Steve

SyHightower 11 June 2003 05:39 PM

well interested, any chance of a copy to see?

Cheers

Si

dnb 11 June 2003 06:50 PM

I'll be at the NBO with the software - I'll do a couple of demos if asked :) Just look out for a slightly beaten up green P reg UK turbo saloon. I dare say that it'll be labeled "dnb"

(& I'll stick some screenshots up on here when I next end up at home...)

Paul_M 12 June 2003 02:54 AM

Nice.... any chance of adapting it to work with data logged with Andrew C's monitor for the MY97/98 scoobs?

That would save any trying to work out the workings of MY97/98 ECUs and is really just a case of crunching the numbers and turning them into graphs which I'm sure you're more than capable of ;)

If you ask him I'm sure he'd provide some decent logs to let you see the data structure that the monitor produces.

dnb 12 June 2003 11:34 AM

I hope that the software should work stand alone with the 97/98 ECU. (Maybe with very minor alterations to the code) It's just finding a test vehicle. I will try to twist someone's arm at the NBO.

Tone Loc 12 June 2003 12:13 PM

David, the MY97 i tried your software on previously will be there. Im sure he'll let you have a play.

Tony.

care3 12 June 2003 03:07 PM

very interested

steve_nairn_sti 12 June 2003 03:29 PM

Definitely interested too. Will keep an eye on this thread for updates.

cswminty 12 June 2003 05:40 PM

Count me in for a copy of this too...sounds like just what i've been after.

Do you think you could create a type of digital dash with a small screen for the speedo & revs, a bit like the Stack ones?????