ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone got Thin Lizzy's 'Live and Dangerous' on CD (or CD quality)? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/218174-anyone-got-thin-lizzys-live-and-dangerous-on-cd-or-cd-quality.html)

Mark Miwurdz 09 June 2003 07:15 PM

If so, would you mind mailing me 'Rosalie' off it please? Tried Kazaa several nights running and I can't find the live version.

Cheers
Kav

Duck_Pond 09 June 2003 07:51 PM

Hello - I've got it on CD - will provide you an MP3 of it, if you give me your email address.

Duck.

Duck_Pond 09 June 2003 07:56 PM

Doh - new to this site - got you're email - MP3 en route in a mo... ;)

Mark Miwurdz 09 June 2003 07:57 PM

Top man - thanks mate!

Cheers
Kav

Mark Miwurdz 09 June 2003 09:15 PM

Scoobynet works its magic once again!

Duck_Pond 09 June 2003 10:05 PM

No problems! :D

If you ever get the chance to see a cover band called "Dizzy Lizzy", I can highly recommend that you go see them. They're superb. They tend to play round the Midlands normally...

Duck.

Mark Miwurdz 09 June 2003 10:07 PM

That's right on our doorstep.....

Duck_Pond 09 June 2003 10:17 PM

Should be able to find a gig guide from www.dizzy-lizzy.org.uk

I've seen them about a dozen times over the years. They always put on a quality show, and you can't fault the tunes!

wheelwright 09 June 2003 10:45 PM

Mark WinMX is much better for music d/load it Here might be of use in the future :)

I know you got it now but the Lizzy tune u wanted can be found here.

Mark Miwurdz 10 June 2003 08:31 AM

Thanks mate!

beemerboy 10 June 2003 11:15 AM

guys, if your into this stuff, pls check out Dread Zepplin (not many people have heard of them, but i think they are the cats knackers......

give them a go (from your local firendly kazaa stores today!!!)

Duck_Pond 10 June 2003 11:30 AM

There used to be a cover called Fred Zeppelin in the Midlands. Haven't been to see them for a couple of years now - but they were quality.

Other fave bands are The Hamsters and Quill. Both mainly do covers. Hamsters do Hendrix, Blues etc, and Quill do the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Thin Lizzy, Waterboys, REM, Mike Oldfield etc. Well worth seeing.

beemerboy 10 June 2003 11:51 AM

Duck Pond, are the hamsters from Essex? i think i've seen them in chelmsford or somewhere, also there used to be a few bands that did the seesx type circuit, such as Hedgehog, the booze brothers, and Expose (pr. expozay).

great times, and very telented musicians, albeit mostly covers!!!

one of the bands, cant remember which used to do a blinding "comfortably numb" with smoke effects and pukka lighting, down the Castlemaine in laindon (essex), unfortunately most of my mates were so plastered on "Green *******s" (snakebite & blue bols)
that it was hardly appreciated.....

live music, however is fantastic, and if i didn't have a wife and baby, i would certainly still be going out most weekends to watch them play.

Dazza

Duck_Pond 10 June 2003 12:02 PM

I think the Hamsters are from Essex - from Southend? They've been playing the pub circuit for years now. Didn't get to see them for a while due to a lack of decent venues in the B'ham area. Sorted now that the Road House is up and running...

As for Floyd - I think a band called Dark Side Of The Wall used to be pretty good, but like you say, when a band doesn't start playing in a pub until 9:30pm, things tend to be a bit blurred.:)