ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pissed off, Thieves!!! and S Yorks ''police' are bollox (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/217503-pissed-off-thieves-and-s-yorks-police-are-bollox.html)

Poor Guy 07 June 2003 07:45 PM

so here it goes, return from town in the scooby to see 2 scruffs walking up the street eyeing up our classic Triumph Spitfire. They see us pull up and one asks for a look at the car.

they were very dodgey. They then went up the street and disappeared into a driveway. They then come running past our house, to which a neighbour who passed them said they had a handbag up the shirt.
Straight into scooby with a Ford Puma in tow.
We're bombing about like starsky and hutch and spot the thieving scum. We ring the police (01142 202020), and say "we're following 2 suspects involved in burglary"
woman says; "where are you?"
reply; "Doncaster"
she says; "OK, ill put you through to Doncaster station"
we get; "we're sorry, we understand your call is very important, but all our staff are busy now. your call will be taken shortly, please hold"
5 minutes later still in pursuit after they run :
"we're sorry, we understand your call is very important, but all our staff are busy now. your call will be taken shortly, please hold"

so they got away back to their **** hole in ****ehole (also known as Rossington) and they'll probly come back and trash our cars.

moff to buy a nice air rifle to match my baseball bat.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, pissed off!
Doncaster Police are ****e!
be alright if you're dying in the street after being stabbed to hear : "we're sorry, we understand your call is very important, but all our staff are busy now. your call will be taken shortly, please hold"

Luke 07 June 2003 08:07 PM

The Police force are a waste of tax payers money....... Thats why we are going to be getting some Yank coppers coming over....... Lets hope they bring the whole LAPD with them

Then we can take the badges of our lot and replace them with Traffic warden ones!!!!

Poor Guy 07 June 2003 08:15 PM

The Police force
ah-ah-ah! "police" SERVICE, me old mum works a la pigs and they are now a service.

wankers

boomer 07 June 2003 09:33 PM

Er, i think that the number that you should have dialed was 999 - you know, the one for emergencies!!

If a robbery in progress didn't get a response (i.e. at least the call answered) in that situation, then you are right to complain.

Still, well done for giving chase - a lot of members of the public would not want to get involved.

mb

IanW 07 June 2003 10:29 PM

Er, i think that the number that you should have dialed was 999 - you know, the one for emergencies!!
I agree, I would imagine that you would have been through to an operator within a few rings, and then once you had explained things the call would more than likely have been logged as a priority call.

Poor Guy 07 June 2003 11:27 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmm, but then probly be told, if the crimes already done its not a priority.

and anyway, if they got caught, but had no stolen things then in todays society I would be sued for slander, causing stress to wanker etc. :(

oh well, 2 cars chasing them, they probly wont comeback.

got me a CO2 gun. Cheers Crossman!

Adrian F 07 June 2003 11:33 PM

they are traffic wardens in training aren't they?

yoza 08 June 2003 12:37 AM

My other half ScoobyBabe had her car trashed at our local train station,sterio,CD player gone,window smashed,console destroyed,door damage etc.

She dialed 999.........and was told that she had got the "wrong" number,she needed to ring ******** for the British Transport Police,what a load of bollox......

Lynch the scum,gets you nowhere,but makes you feel better!