ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Newbie - Surrey Meet (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/217321-newbie-surrey-meet.html)

matt_arundale 06 June 2003 11:16 PM

hiya, this is my first post so hi to everyone, name is matt, dont own a scooby myself, although very fond of them, currently own a clio but only 18 so got time to go for bigger things later. guy i work with thou does own a new wrx and we were talking today and he mentioned about a surrey meet that happens on the second sunday of the month? is there one on this weekend at all? an information would be appreciated, we are based near weybridge/staines area if anyone knows that way?

cheers again

Matt

M0NEY 07 June 2003 12:16 PM

Yep get down there Matt. Follow the link by Andy. Its such a good laugh.

Meet at Newlands corner and then people drive down to the pub and the food there is great!!!

I wont be there tomorrow but will see you next month if you come.

Have fun tomorrow if you decide to go

Jeremy'sMum 07 June 2003 01:22 PM

Matt - I'll be a newby to the meet too. Will be there with my scratched-up MY03 :( Looking forward to meeting everyone...

Dyney 07 June 2003 03:17 PM

matt,
Welcome to Scoobynet:D

Theres plenty of guys on here without Scoobs so don't let that put you off!

Get along to the meet, I'll be there, look fr the silver classic with my user name on the side windows and come and say Hi!:)

Iain.

matt_arundale 07 June 2003 06:30 PM

hi everyone, thanks for the response quicker than the ones i get off cliosport.net and i got a bloody clio! lol, but shhh i didnt say that, lol. mite try and make it down tommorrow if my mate flav, who has the scoob, is up for it. his reg starts HK52, so look out for us if we come down ok, what usually happens durin the day? think flav would like to come down as he is looking to see what he can do to hi snew car, only had it for a month or so, it replaced his 172 :( lol

maybe see some of you tommorrow

bye bye

M0NEY 07 June 2003 06:50 PM

What usually happens is everyone meets at newlands corner. Everyone stands about and has a cheat and then around 2pm - 2.30pm, there is a drive to a pub where everyone parks up. More talking and eating to :D :D

Its mainly scoobs but evos, the odd supra, and a couple of other cars pop down to :D

matt_arundale 08 June 2003 12:20 PM

just spoke to my mate, definately comin down today. see some of you later i guess.

Matt

SJ_Skyline 09 June 2003 08:51 AM

:p @ M0ney ;)

Andy Tang 06 July 2003 01:04 AM

Hi Matt,

All details about this months Surrey (this Sunday) can be found here

We meet at Newlands Corner (down the A3 towards Guildford) and meet in a pub in Cobham (which isn't a million miles away from Weybridge!)

Hope this helps

[Edited by Andy Tang - 6/7/2003 1:06:26 AM]