ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   FREE FROM SUBARU (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/216887-free-from-subaru.html)

MY01/555 05 June 2003 08:32 PM

thanks IN THE STICKS for the subaru info lead 30th may,at the press of a button the alarm now chirps when activated and de-activated,useful bit of info for bug,sorry new age scoobs,hope too many didnt miss it.........

jimmy wrx 05 June 2003 08:36 PM

so you saying if you pop down to your local subaru dealer ....they will sort it ?

MY01/555 05 June 2003 08:50 PM

YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF IN ABOUT 30SEC

fireandskill1 05 June 2003 11:56 PM

What do you do??????

Daz WRX 06 June 2003 07:30 AM

Easy...

Turn car on press fob button, press 7 on the keypad then turn car off and lock it. Chirps away;)

To turn em off use 6 and use * to adjust volume.

I have the manual if anyone wants a copy I can mail it to em.

Cheers
Daz.

Jza 06 June 2003 08:05 AM

Daz - by turn the car on do you mean start it with ignition?

pslewis 06 June 2003 08:18 AM

How many HATE those people that have their alarm set to 'CHIRP' to them??? Mainly knobs in BMW's I have noticed!!

I would smash the bleeper up if I had to tell everyone I was a sad git everytime I locked my car - just check the frigging lights flash.

Don't tell all and sundry, 'Look what I've just locked up'!!! :rolleyes:

Pete

scooby_si 06 June 2003 08:19 AM

Pete that is extreme even for u :p lol
Si

scooby_si 06 June 2003 08:20 AM

did u hjave a bad experiance with the birdy song in your youth (well relative youth;))? lol
Si

Daz WRX 06 June 2003 08:53 AM

Yep, ignition on.;)

Mad Scientist 06 June 2003 09:22 AM

Pete,

I heard of someone who had the actual siren stolen from their car and thus, when the toerags came to steal it, the alarm went off but noone heard it. I'll tell you one thing, the flashing indicators will not wake you up in the night. The "bleep" on arm is a good check that all is well.

Pete.

IN THE STICKS 06 June 2003 09:59 AM

Didn't know I could be so useful :cool:

Scoobydick 06 June 2003 10:14 AM

if I had to tell everyone I was a sad git everytime I locked my car.....
You tell everyone that, everytime you post on here, mate :)

SiDHEaD 06 June 2003 10:37 AM

Dont forget that repeating the proceedure with the * key will quieten the beep down. It was just too damn loud on standard!!

Andy

Steve001 06 June 2003 01:20 PM

Thanlks for that :)

now i dont have to keep one eye on the flashers to confirm alarm activation :cool:

(dont you just luuuvvvv ScoobyNet??);)

WRX_BLUES 06 June 2003 03:41 PM

Sorry didn't quite work out your first post. Do you mean this only works on Bug Eyes or does it also work on the MY03 cars?

pslewis 06 June 2003 06:57 PM

PLEASE someone tell me this is a wind-up ...... no-one REALLY is sad enough to want their car to 'Chirp' at them???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????????????????? ?????

Pete

naturbo2000 06 June 2003 08:05 PM

they probably can't look at the indicators cos they'd be blinded by the gold wheels pete...

I'd have thought that was obvious ;)

MY01/555 06 June 2003 08:22 PM

i need too hear the audio indicators because my eyesight is very bad and i can only see a few feet

warbs 06 June 2003 09:29 PM

pslewis opened his mouth, picked leftover pieces of badger from between his teeth and squeaked:
"How many HATE those people that have their alarm set to 'CHIRP' to them??? Mainly knobs in BMW's I have noticed!!"

This is because, unlike you, the knobs in the BMW's do not have quite your style and class, and so have yet to obtain an alarm that announces "ALARMED, STEP BACK", "PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE" or "DANGER, UNAUTHORISED CHILD NEARBY" in a threatening amerikan accent.

The poor souls have yet to reach the same pinnacle of sophistication as yourself.

Mind you, Grasshopper, I have yet to see a single BMW with marigolds - perhaps you're onto something ;)

Cheers

Chris