ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Miniature Jack Russells (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/216618-miniature-jack-russells.html)

SB 05 June 2003 10:18 AM

The girlfriend wants one!, does anyone know where we can buy one please

Cheers

Diablo 05 June 2003 10:27 AM

Not meaning to be difficult, but why a Jack Russell?

Loads of friendlier "nicer" dogs out there :)

boxst 05 June 2003 10:30 AM

Hello

Jack Russell's are little spawns of Satan. My parents always had one, and thats the way I thought dogs were.

And then I got a Cocker Spaniel. Wow the difference.

Steve.

red_dog104 05 June 2003 10:32 AM

Have to agree. Jack Russell's are NOT my favorite dogs. Real attitude problems!! Anyway, looks like most of the breeders of the minatures are in the US. Mind you, I didn't have a really good look! Try searching on Google!

RB5320 05 June 2003 10:33 AM

I would echo Diablo's comment above. My gf has one. It can be cute as anything one minute and then a snarling spitting beast from hell the next. These things seem to suffer more than most from the small dog mentality. Oh and another thing - do you really want to be seen walking down the road with one of these things? :D

Steve

SB 05 June 2003 10:40 AM

The girlfriend wants one.. that says it all.
Plus the fact that it doesn't require a lot of space etc etc.

I want a bulldog but not really practical at the mo ;-(

Cheers

Tiggs 05 June 2003 11:03 AM

why on earth buy a dog like that...witha whole world of dogs to choose from why pick a breed that most ppl agree is nasty?

Gordo 05 June 2003 11:08 AM

lol - spaniels are, indeed, nothing like Jack Russels as they're always thick as fook!

but I have to agree with the comments on JRs - 9/10 are nasty little sods.....

get a friendly little terrier instead - a Cairn or something

:)

Jay m A 05 June 2003 11:17 AM

My girlfriends parents have one, one of the most timid, friendliest dogs I've met. Its tiny, about 10" to the shoulder. Have to admit I've met other Jacks that are the nastiest little sh1ts around. Looks like they were lucky and got the black sheep of the litter ;) Problem is she loves them now and a Jack Russel would be top of the list if and when she gets one.

I wonder, how possessive / snappy they are depends on how spoilt / disciplined they've been from birth?

midget1500 05 June 2003 11:20 AM

seriously tempremental dogs. get something else small like a dachshund (sp?). we have one and he's great :D

RB5320 05 June 2003 11:32 AM

lol fair comment Jason! To be fair, apart from the snarling, ours isnt really so bad. It's generally very cute and fun. It's also no hassle as we have a dogflap (no it's not a catflap it's a dogflap OK!!!) so it can come and go as it pleases. It's just not my kind of dog.
As for where can you get one SB, if you pop round one night when the gf is out I'm sure we can come to an agreement - I'll give you £100 to take it away so long as you come up with a credible story that I can tell the girlfriend. :D

Steve

Tiggs 05 June 2003 12:53 PM

a snappy nasty dog turns a dog walk from a thing of joy into a chore.....i dont even own a dog lead and wouldnt like the idea that my dog may be likley to grow up snapping at others

lpski1 05 June 2003 01:09 PM

They are small anyway, is a minature much much smaller then ? :D
An ex GF had a JR, she was fairly old(the JR not the GF) but a very nice dog, very licky, came in handy when the GF was asleep :D (joking)

I dont have a dog, but would have a staffy if i did. :D