ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Flashed - likely outcome?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/215200-flashed-likely-outcome.html)

AndyS44 01 June 2003 07:08 AM

All,

travelling home down A1 (dual carriageway) this morning at approx 00:15 (very light traffic good visibility and dry) I was flashed by a speed camera (it flashed twice so not a warning). I braked a.s.a.p after flashes so imagine I was doing an indicated 85mph....Do you think I will get a fixed penalty?? What is your experience?

Cheers.

fireandskill1 01 June 2003 07:59 AM

Have been flashed 4 times now once on bike 3 times in car, Last time was nearly a year ago (never had a ticket) so I think I have been lucky, Just have to keep your fingers crossed mate.
Mike.

AndyS44 01 June 2003 11:47 AM

I was told that if the camera flashes once you don't get a ticket (no film left or something).

Have you been flashed twice in quick sucession?

johnfelstead 01 June 2003 12:05 PM

(it flashed twice so not a warning).
Your nicked. 3 points and a fine i would think.

talizman 01 June 2003 12:15 PM

Not necessarily.....

The myth about "how many flashes" is just that... a Myth.

The fact that the flash went off twice does not mean you are done. It mean you activated the camera. Whether there is film in it is another story!

The law states that you must be told within 14 days if you are going to get done. (Notice of Intended Prosecution). Any longer than this and they can't do you. (provided there is no delay in contacting you, for example, car not registered to you, or a company car etc)

Each Gatso holds 800 photos, 2 for each offender. When a camera is filled with film at a speeding hot spot, the 400 unlucky sods may well have been caught in the first couple of days, so you are just going to have to wait your 14 days. Unless you know someone who works for the Central Ticket Office! ; )

Good Luck

bluenosewrx 01 June 2003 12:44 PM

dont sign the nip if it comes,chack out www.peppipoo.com for advice (cant do clicky,sorry).hope it helps

the chosen one 01 June 2003 12:52 PM

Do these new infrared cameras flash? was told they didn't? how do they work cos there are no markings in the road?

Little Miss WRX 01 June 2003 12:55 PM

14 long days to wait for an NIP.

I got flashed a couple of times by a GATSO, but never heard anything, so either the camera had no film or it wasn't working. I was very lucky. :)

bluenosewrx 01 June 2003 01:00 PM

chosen one,infrared dont flash(truvelo cameras there called)forward facing so all bikers are safe.ther is a line in the road approx 10 -20mt in front of camera with sensors under the road that measure your speed,hope that explains .
bluenose.

hades 01 June 2003 03:12 PM

Allegedly (as in I read somewhere, don't take this as gospel), in some "hotspot" areas, there's only a 1 in 8 chance of getting nicked if you get flashed, as the rest of the time the film has run out

I've been flashed three times - once at indicated 30 in a 40 limit (following a copper), once at indicated 48 in a 50 limit, and once when stopping at a red traffic light - i.e always when driving legally. Doesn't lead to me trusting GATSO's. Curiously, nothing ever came of them.

85 in a 70 limit shouldn't be more than a fixed penalty. If it was in a 50, court appearance is likely.

wakeboardar 01 June 2003 05:00 PM

depends on who you flashed at if it was an old lady expect about 3 years