ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Just cleaned my ITG..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/213633-just-cleaned-my-itg.html)

Gridlock Mikey 27 May 2003 03:30 PM

She runs better than ever now ;)

Don't forget about these things guys on your quest for more power etc. Simple but effective.
I found a small leaf, a primary flight feather :eek: and a slight layer of oil in my airbox.(One wipe with a tissue got rid of it)

The last time the airbox was opened was nearly 15,000 miles ago.

Mikey :cool: MY00, full decat, itg, no resonator, VTA and a mahoosive smile ;) Still working!!

ozzy 27 May 2003 04:18 PM

Life on the edge, eh? ;):p

Gridlock Mikey 27 May 2003 04:24 PM

Moved on since our day ozzy ;) Everyone's got Bigger Turbo's, FMIC's etc. I'm to old for all that now :D Somehow having a UK car without a Knocklink and a AFM ain't as rebellious as it was once thought :D
I just polish the old girl nowadays and tighten up the odd loose bolt on the heatshield. That's a point, heatshields, sod it i'll take it off ;) Bound to upset someone :D I can hear it now, Heatsoak, this, Inlet temperatures that, Maf this, Lambda that, Irresponsible this, you need to spend at least a million pounds just to be safe that, second thoughts, I might just stick her in the garage and deal with it later :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Good to hear from you again ozzy :D

Mikey :cool:

ozzy 27 May 2003 04:28 PM

ah, good man :D

glad to hear you and your car are still alive and well; be safe out there ;)

Stefan

GIG 27 May 2003 05:15 PM

Hi Mikey,

How did you clean it? Special cleaning fluid and re-oil? Or just brush away the large foreign objects?

Mine was in when I bought the car, not sure about the best way to clean it. To be honest I was going to buy a new one.

Any advise welcome. :)
Cheers GIG

Gridlock Mikey 27 May 2003 05:43 PM

GIG, i just brushed it off and turned it through 180degrees and popped(Well wrestled really :D ) it back on.

I will change mine at the next service when it has done 45k. Been faultless up until now with the only reason for cleaning it being "common sense"

Seeya around a sucking and a wooshing ;)

john banks 27 May 2003 05:49 PM

You can suck and whoosh all you like :eek: and I will pass you with my big turbo and FMIC with the delights of a nice smooth dump valve ;) But I won't wave because I won't notice you as I will be peering at the road through 101 gauges ;)

Gridlock Mikey 27 May 2003 05:56 PM

;)

I wasn't having a go John honest. Too chilled for all that now :D Glad to hear about you breaking the 400 mark :D You need all that power to shift the extra hardware anyways don't you :confused: :p

john banks 27 May 2003 06:31 PM

What extra hardware?

My new headers will save more weight than anything I've added I reckon :D

GIG 28 May 2003 09:15 AM

Thanks for the Advise Mikey, i'll brush it off and turn it round after work. :)