ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Saw a Soarer in Poole today! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/212559-saw-a-soarer-in-poole-today.html)

Must get an STI 23 May 2003 07:58 PM

I was well impressed with it, twin big pipes (HKS?) and looked a lot smaller than I though it would. Sounded mean. It was an auto, not sure if it was the TT or 4litre NA.

Was it Mycroft?

:)

MooseRacer 23 May 2003 08:00 PM

I think they look good from the front, but I really don't like the back.

The ones I see are usually sadly neglected, not sure why :confused:

XT 23 May 2003 08:07 PM

I like the Soarer and when i'll decide to change the 300ZX, i'll definately get one.

Must get an STI 23 May 2003 08:09 PM

Whats the consumption of both models? Are they RWD?

XT 23 May 2003 08:11 PM

Not sure about the consumption but they are all RWD.

http://www.lexusclub.co.uk

Mycroft 23 May 2003 08:42 PM

If it is my mate in Poole (Dark green/black car) then that is a 'Mycroft' exhaust... should have sounded sort 'burrrrred' when moving... Mycroft mods to standard TT exhaust (about £250) adds 30hp straight away and drops acceleration times like a stone... looks fairly standard too!

I like the big rear lights I really do they are so distinctive at night...

They are big but their shape hides it well... pics never 'capture' the car.

Never buy one that looks 'down at heel' lots are and they are always bad news... buy from withing the club or from a club member then you get History and peace of mind... anyone buying one should contact me or the TIF ( http://toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/ ) and someone will go along and vet any car with you... if you are local that someone might even be me!

Well looked after models are gorgeous...

My new one is here now and she is about to get the works...

carl 23 May 2003 08:46 PM

£250 to stick a broom handle up the exhaust and remove all the baffles? What a rip-off [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Must get an STI 23 May 2003 08:53 PM

Tempting....

He was a shortish chap with dark hair, had TRD stickers on it. I think he caught me looking at it while refuelling! I was in the gay golf.

Mycroft 23 May 2003 09:01 PM

Carl it is much more than that... trust me... they don't pay me that is what they pay the 'artisan' with the welding gear...

I give all the stuff away and it is ½ the price of an off the shelf that yileds only 15hp at best... the design is good to about 500hp after that things change and big changes are needed...

I give all the stuff away for free... trackday shorts for the ECU, intakes that add power, gearbox mods, the lot...

To take a 280hp motor to 380hp for under a grand is better than anything else I have encountered...

Yep, that sounds like Alex... his is a fast one... trust me :D

MooseRacer 23 May 2003 09:04 PM

MyCroft - I'll be genuinely interested to hear about your new one :D

This is where it becomes a real shame that you feel unable to divulge too much about yourself/your car :(

Mycroft 23 May 2003 09:51 PM

This time round all the mods will be video'd and made available to 'known' members of the TIF...

trollhunter 23 May 2003 11:45 PM

only be needing the 3 tapes then , will you be going to bracknell then???

RON 24 May 2003 12:13 AM

Oh god, I can see it now, Marky boy gets a bloomin Soarer!!!!!!!!!

Mycroft 24 May 2003 01:12 AM

I'll be there... tenner if you spot me.

I like to put faeces to names... see you there.

[Edited by Mycroft - 5/24/2003 1:20:14 AM]

Redkop 24 May 2003 09:43 AM

I like to put faeces to names
:eek: I hope that was a typing error Mycroft ;)

Mycroft 24 May 2003 09:51 AM

No... faeces is about right.

Pepper 24 May 2003 12:09 PM

I'll be there...
In the Soarer....?

XT 24 May 2003 12:18 PM

Here we go again......lol :D

Mycroft 24 May 2003 12:19 PM

:D

Bling Laden 24 May 2003 02:37 PM

Poole eh?

I know those Nigerian minicab drivers don't know their way around London but that is ridiculous!

J4CKO 24 May 2003 10:47 PM

Whats a Mycroft exhaust ?

One that emits a lot of Noxious hot air.

Mycroft 24 May 2003 11:26 PM

Very funny Wacko...

There are so many people who decry the efforts of others whilst sitting on their ahses... you know, a valueless 'mouth on legs' with nothing but a gob that opens and closes like gormless fish.

I spend dozens of hours sitting at a Computer designing an exhaust that out-performs anything else on the market, can that also be tuned to sound like a Healey or a big M'bike or even a flat plane V8 with only the tiniest of power losses, yet is just within the legal limits, I charge nothing for this, I'm an enthusiast... it's a freebie... I send the owners CAD drawings to give to a welder and I even pay the postage... I do it at a loss... and a pr!ck like you just thinks... well did you actually think?

The more I see and hear of 'enthusiasts' of your ilk the more I understand why many dealers sell you expensive stuff that performs only half as good as it could... you deserve such treatment...

Pepper 25 May 2003 04:24 PM

There are so many people who decry the efforts of others whilst sitting on their ahses... you know, a valueless 'mouth on legs' with nothing but a gob that opens and closes like gormless fish.
As opposed to people who sit on their "ahses" in front of a computer telling people how good they are and all the things they've done, without any proof whatsoever, expecting everyone to believe them :rolleyes:

Peter_Raf 25 May 2003 04:33 PM

Its the Mycroft Vs Pepper rematch # 9.

My moneys on Mycroft. Pepper, stop being so -ve.

jameswrx 25 May 2003 04:38 PM

LOL at you menaces waiting to verbally attack Mycroft.

Whats the point?, he must have seriously pi55ed you off Pepper for you to bother. From what I can see he's a wind up merchant and you're a bit serious:confused:

You two aren't brothers are you?, I can just picture your mother shouting "I'm gonna bang your heads together" as you both sit in your rooms at your computers accross the hall from eachother;):D

scoobynutta555 25 May 2003 04:54 PM

looks like this is turning into a good thread ;)

Pepper 25 May 2003 05:40 PM

Hehe - I just think he's full of sh!t, that's all.

Redkop 25 May 2003 05:43 PM

Pepper!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Mycroft 25 May 2003 08:32 PM

Just back from Bracknell... great fun.

trollhunter 26 May 2003 02:18 AM

Mycroft , you really are full of **** , you didnt go to bracknell cause your new car didnt get here , at least thats what your mate from the TIF forum said , spoke to a couple of soarer ownwers (1 from Newbury) but they didnt seem like arseholes so where were you ???????