ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Steering Wheel Change (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/212168-steering-wheel-change.html)

scoobylav 22 May 2003 07:19 PM

I am going to remove the standard MY97 steering wheel off my scooby and replace it with a momo (non airbag wheel). I contacted my Insurance to see if changing the steering wheel affected my policy. They said they have nothing on their system about changing the wheel.

However, some mates have said that it could invalidate the policy or at least increase cost. What is the general opinion here ?

triple top 22 May 2003 09:56 PM

What if you have a accident and you smash your face on the new momo :eek:,i wouldn't think they would pay out for injuries.

Davey P 22 May 2003 11:45 PM

Just tell them that you want it noted on your policy that you have another steering wheel and the rest is up to them

scoobylav 23 May 2003 12:12 PM

Triple Top,

I would think if the accident is my fault then they only cover the car anyway and not the person. I think !! Unless I injure someone else in the process then they will payout for them.

triple top 23 May 2003 05:14 PM

Yeah but what if somebody hits you and you smash your face on the steering wheel,will the insurance firm payout for injuries??????

Anyway its your face;)so do what ever you want.

scoobylav 26 May 2003 09:22 AM

But it would be the person who hits me whose insurance would pay out so my modifications would not come into it surely !!!

Ciaran 30 May 2003 12:01 AM

exactly scoobylav its their nsurance and if u caontact the insurance company and inform them off the mod and the lack of air bags it shouldn't be a problem.

just a wee tip wear ur seat belt and i wouldn't worry about my face because i would have needed to have broken my back to smash my head off the steering wheel!!!!

scoobylav 30 May 2003 10:00 AM

my thoughts exactly ;)

planky 30 May 2003 04:53 PM

Insurance firms are b@stards for not paying out for damage and injuries,so its on your head;)if you fall for a insurance NO payout[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Btw don't you like your looks??cos airbags are there to keep them.

scoobylav 30 May 2003 04:55 PM

Think I will fit a set of harnesses and just break my neck instead ;)

Ciaran 13 June 2003 02:06 PM

yes sounds like a plan how about lowering it a meter and putting on a mad bodykit a set of 24" wheels. sorry got a bit carried away. so u done it yet mate?

scoobylav 13 June 2003 02:18 PM

Not yet. I have the wheel and boss to fit. I am just waiting on delivery of a quick shift kit and induction kit so I can get them fitted at the same time.

Ciaran 13 June 2003 02:32 PM

sounds good mate so when u going to take me for a blast in the beast?
take it the breaks r sorted now then.
is it a full induction kit or just the cone?

scoobylav 13 June 2003 02:58 PM

Never had a problem with the brakes !!!
You might be thinking of the clutch problem I have :(

Going for the full induction kit :)

Off to NBO this weekend I think.

Ciaran 14 June 2003 11:53 AM

u still not got that bloody clutch sorted?
if i was u i would get that sorted first.
do u need remap for the hot air sucker?