ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Prodrive Tour last night! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/211893-prodrive-tour-last-night.html)

Gridlock Mikey 22 May 2003 08:59 AM

Fan bloody tastic.

Did you know:

A WRC Gear box costs buckets of cash
A WRC Engine costs buckets of cash
A WRC Damper costs buckets of cash
The Ferrari Maranello Le Mans cars cost buckets of cash
Mike Woods drives everywhere sideways :D ;)
The place smells like ................ Chocolate :eek:
It rains alot in Banbury
The BAR F1 car really is very light
Dave Richards has got a hysterical face in the prodrive brochure (also to be seen on the pridrive web site. The one where he is holding his chin. Fab :D ) As agreed by Trouser ;)
A WRC car really is very shiny and new when it leaves Banbury
A WRC car has got a bit of a "pimp mobile" feel to it inside, due largley to the masses of suede on the dash board (Anti glare apparently ) and flashing lights and cosy seats and stuff :D
A WRC car has a tax disc (Logical but bizarre)

Two hours well spent I think with thanks going to the Prodrive Marketing Guy, John Baldock and Mike Woods and anyone else who made the event possible

Mikey :cool:

P.S. I had a wicked drive home on wet country lanes trying the Mike woods theories :D They work :D and also, my key ring thingy doesn't work :(

Attu 22 May 2003 09:23 AM

Pics ?? did you take any pics ?

SCOOBY TOWERS 22 May 2003 09:24 AM

Thanks for the indepth report :D
Can't wait to book a slot ;)

Gridlock Mikey 22 May 2003 09:34 AM

I was running a little late and forgot my camera (DOH!!!)

There were plenty of "quality" pics taken by the other folk though and i'm sure some will end up being posted.

Phil 22 May 2003 09:34 AM

I took loads of Photo's just waiting to upload them

A great evening

Loved the Story about driving down to Park Lane and Buying 2 Ferrari Marrenelo's driving them back to Banbury and then hacking them to bits

Special thanks to Danny and Mike Wood for there time

AND of course our John for organising it

Phil

Edcase 22 May 2003 10:12 AM

Gridlock Mikey....LMFAO! Funniest post I've read for ages!!!! :D

Yes hats off it was a wicked evening, really good to put some faces to names also, a thoroughly nice bunch.

Will upload my piccys tonight.

Had the most insane drive back to East London on the A507 in what can only be described as a torrent. God I love Scoobys :D

Squizz 22 May 2003 10:19 AM

Posted on behalf of Fizz...

Click here to see his photos from the tour: Fizz's Photos

:D

Gridlock Mikey 22 May 2003 10:35 AM

Nice one fizz :D

Who's the dodgy guy looking at the BAR F1 :confused:

Gridlock Mikey 22 May 2003 10:38 AM

Nice one fizz :D

Who's the dodgy guy looking at the BAR F1 :confused:

Gridlock Mikey 22 May 2003 10:40 AM

EH! :confused:

NENO 22 May 2003 10:43 AM

Mikey top comments - PMSL

Thanks to Danny and Mike for their time and effort, a top evening just wish I had the skill to drive one of those things!!

Mike

Trouser @TSL 22 May 2003 12:29 PM

yeah.. thanks to all for a top evening! :)

cheers Johnny B :cool:

Mikey you funny! :D

Personally I felt moved to write ;).. as I felt it so wrong that these people are taking these cars.. removing panels and replacing them with Carbon fibre,..stickering them up and making them go faster.. i think it's criminal and these classic cars should be left alone

;) :rolleyes: :D :p

thanks again to all concerned. I felt chuffed that we use the same workshop floor paint :D! LOL!

Trouser

D6ale 22 May 2003 12:34 PM

how did you guys manage to go for a walk round prodrive???

Gridlock Mikey 22 May 2003 01:23 PM

What walk round Prodrive? ;)

Seriously, It was planned about 80 zillion years ago, put ya names down first come first served type thing. It was sorted and paid for that long ago, that had I not got an E-mail reminding me, i'd have been sat at home watching the bill instead :eek:

Also guess what I found under the passenger seat? My chuffin' camera :( GUTTED :( Mind you, gives me a good excuse to go again ;)

john b 22 May 2003 04:19 PM

it was good to put some names to faces last night , i to heeded mike woods advice and tried out me diff thinngy on the old type R

WOOOOOOOOOOOW (PHARP new pants ) i have now put it back in its box for another rainy day ( smiles all round on the WET way home ) god i love milton keynes and it's roundabouts !!!!!!
here's to the next gathering of scoobs at the N B O where hopefully it won't rain
regards to all who attended

salsa-king 22 May 2003 06:58 PM

sounds like at top nite.. GM uses his words so well again! lol

do these Pimp cars have any neon thou!!??
:)

salsa-king 22 May 2003 07:00 PM

Great pix... thought i saw Trousers car there... ios that Phil Stephens WHITE Sti8 also??

Phil

Phil 22 May 2003 07:12 PM

I wish it was

I did like the red spoiler [now theres a thought]

Phil

Edcase 23 May 2003 12:34 PM

Phil - yeah I thought exactly the same thing !

Gridlock Mikey 23 May 2003 04:27 PM

OH NO :eek: Multicoloured scoobs ;) Don't forget that those cars were all squeaky clean under showroom type lights etc...... Ahhhhh sod it, who am I trying to kid ;) If I had a white Sti, I'd want a red Spoiler :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Phil 23 May 2003 04:30 PM

You know it makes sense Mikey

Phil

stephen emery 23 May 2003 04:33 PM

Will there be more visits ?

steve

Phil 23 May 2003 04:36 PM

Keep you eyes on the SIDC Forums

Phil

ANDRINA 23 May 2003 05:55 PM

FORGOT TO MENTION
I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAME TO THE PRODRIVE TOUR TO VOLUTEER TO WRITE UP AN ARTICLE FOR TRUE GRIP WITH PICTURES (THE MORE THE BETTER ).
THIS WILL NOT JUST GO IN TRUE GRIP BUT I AM INTOUCH WITH A JAPANESE MAGAZINE CALLED SIX STARS ( GUESS WHAT THAT'S ABOUT ) AND THEY ARE INTERESTED IN WHAT OUR CLUB GET UP TO .IT NEEDS TO BE BURNT ONTO A DISC FOR EASE OF POSTAGE . ANY TAKERS ?
IF SO EITHER REPLY HERE OR TO ME AT THE USUAL ADDRESS

Edcase 23 May 2003 06:16 PM

I wud luv 2 but i carnt spel propper.

Just kidding...I did the ATD article so bagsys not me :D