ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Help neede from anyone with a standard (or close to) scoob turbo in Dundee Fife area (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/211845-help-neede-from-anyone-with-a-standard-or-close-to-scoob-turbo-in-dundee-fife-area.html)

teknopete 22 May 2003 12:20 AM

If you have a pretty much standard Impreza turbo and are based in Dundee / Fife please gimme a shout on 07939 416007 asap. You can help us out with a little test (nothing dangerous) we need to do before the dyno day on 01/06/03.

Anyone volenteering will be doing the scene a BIG favour.

Thanks

Pete

Big Daz 22 May 2003 07:42 AM

Pete, my MY95 UK Wagon is pretty much standard (engine wise anyway) If I can help let me know.

Big Daz

scoobylav 22 May 2003 09:25 AM

Depends what it is Pete, the MY97 wagon is still fairly standard. But I know some of the stuff you get up to. Give me a shout.

Scooby Dooby Blue 22 May 2003 09:42 AM

Blue's pretty standard (by comparison to Big 'Extra' Red v2.0):D

I'll probably pop over later tonight to sort things out with you anyway...talk to you then:)

Paul

T-uk 22 May 2003 09:48 AM

Pete,

let us in on the test plan ;). good to see something is happening to try and improve things or make us confident in Star's rollers. I am still p1ssed off with JB for not taking Jim up on the offer after the last rolling road day, for him and Andy to try and improve/test things. I know Andy was up for it.

the issue is not with standard cars which do seem to be accurate at star, unless you are going to AP22 the standard car and see how the results compare to stars rollers and then do the same with a highly modded car with say an expected 400bhp, to see if the powerful car suddenly looses 30-40 bhp.

AndyF has AP22ed many cars which are within a few percent of star but at the last days all the modded cars seemed down on power. he APed JB's directly after his last run and was 40bhp higher,another was 25bhp higher than the rollers. if Andy's previous results did not compare I would believe the rollers over the AP but when they "tie up" for so long and then go daft somethings up. I still think something has changed at Star as when Sam had his scoob things seemed spot on. his scoob would have been considered on the edge for his injectors and the results seemed right.

I do not think it is just scoobs having problems. standard-ish EVO's seem accurate at star but Sam's car with mods might be suffering on the long run time and throwing lower than expected figures.

EDIT to ask: or are you going to test run time length?. I could throw a standard ecu in my car but limit the boost to 8 or 9psi for a few runs if that would help.the lower boost should keep the car happier for run after run.

[Edited by T-uk - 5/22/2003 10:00:50 AM]

Andy.F 22 May 2003 11:11 AM

Pete

If this is for before/after tests on the rollers I can run my car on low boost to give a std car output. The advantage here is that the big FMIC will not suffer from heat soak between runs as a std car might.
NB I'm now on std UK gearing so no more inflated PAW figures from the short ratios !

Andy

T-uk 22 May 2003 11:26 AM

that would probably be the best idea as that was why I was mentioning lowering the boost on my car, to try and help the top mount cope.

Rab 22 May 2003 07:19 PM

Bog standard MY98 in Kirkcaldy, mail me if i can help

john banks 22 May 2003 09:51 PM

Did a few runs with Jim tonight - posted in the RR thread in drivetrain. With half the run time things are much better for the more powerful cars. Consistency after 10 runs, much kinder on the car.