ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just been made redundant - anyone employing out there? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/210647-just-been-made-redundant-anyone-employing-out-there.html)

MickeyG 19 May 2003 09:00 AM

I have just been told I have been given the push from work - b***ards!!.

Does anyone on here know of any companies employing IT managers/programme managers at the moment? If so then please let me know.

Any help appreciated!!

Cheers chaps,

Mike

MarkO 19 May 2003 09:04 AM

Bad luck. :( Hope you at least got a decent package.

It's pretty quiet out there though, as a quick search on Jobserve/Monster/Gis-A-Job/CWJobs will show.

Better fire up the BBQ and settle in with a beer, eh? ;)

CarpetCleaner 19 May 2003 09:58 AM

I'd get down Tecos and do some shelf stacking. Oh that's not meant to be a piss take either. I've been there too and it's the only way to stay sane in between interviews

druddle 19 May 2003 10:10 AM

MickeyG - mail me some of your experience details, my company has a vacancy that might suit at the moment.

Dave

Huge 19 May 2003 01:03 PM

Mike

Best of luck with the search - I'm sure that you'll get what you want.

What Mike didn't say was that he actually had to relocate for his current job in the first place, so redundancy is even more disappointing :(

Fingers crossed for you!

Hugh

MarkO 19 May 2003 01:07 PM

That's bang out of order. :( [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Presumably, though, if you've had to relocate and then been made redundant, the compensation package should be even bigger?

what would scooby do 19 May 2003 02:13 PM

MickeyG - maybe something for you - how about Milton Keynes or Hatfield are you ok for both locations ??

Adam

druddle 19 May 2003 03:31 PM

P.S. My company (well not mine, the one I work for) is in Bracknell.

Nicks VR4 19 May 2003 03:52 PM

Mike
Sorry to hear that :(
I got my redundancy letter handed to me last Wednesday
And it was a shock plus it was "now go clear your desk hand in laptop mobile pass and leave"

MickeyG 21 May 2003 07:28 AM

Cheers for the support etc..Druddle & What would scooby do - I will be in touch.

Huge is right - we only moved 6 months ago, and have not even finished getting the house sorted. Bit of a sod all round!!

Again, manay thanks,

Mike

MickeyG 21 May 2003 07:43 AM

Adam,

I have just tried to e-mail you and have had it returned. Is the following address correct? submit@stupidnorthernmonkey.co.uk

My e-mail address is mike_i_murray@hotmail.com, if you send me a quick response I will reply to you directly.

Cheers,

Mike

GaryCat 21 May 2003 08:29 AM

Have a look on our (Three) careers page Careers but use the 'search all jobs' option as the filter doesn't work too well.

G.

MickeyG 23 May 2003 08:38 AM

Adam, Dave,

I have now had both of your e-mails returned. Can you post your address or get in touch with me direct?

Cheers,

Mike
mike_i_murray@hotmail.com