ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   New Porsche cayenne : Saw one today (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/210576-new-porsche-cayenne-saw-one-today.html)

Luke 18 May 2003 10:30 PM

Sat next to one near Finchley today. Black with a light smoked tint on the windows. Bloody hell this car looks good ........realy good. Bloke pulls up in new Range Rover and only tries it on at the Traffic lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy driving the porsche couldnt be bothered as the RR driver sped of thinking "Yeh that put him in his place"......... Only to brake down in the next 100 miles or so probably. cos they are poo

If i win the pools........me getting a Cayenne.

RS Grant 18 May 2003 10:36 PM

Yet to see one in real life but from the pics I have seen it looks absolutely disgusting!!

All IMO of course and might change my mind when I see one...

Cheers,
Grant

MarkCSC 19 May 2003 09:32 AM

There is a guy around the corner from me who works for Porsche. He brought one home for the weekend. 'Kin massive! It's growing on me slowly.
I think the S looks better than the Turbo though

Luke 19 May 2003 09:44 AM

Mark

good point.Its bloody massive!! like a Hummer. The front end is not as nice a s the rear.

But if I had a chance to drive any car......... I would pick this. It is soooooooooooooo different

pilotman 19 May 2003 10:04 AM

its lovely !!

big but nice

gregjd 19 May 2003 10:20 AM

I've driven an S and sat in a Turbo out in the States (a pal is a Porsche/BMW/Mini dealer out there). In the right colour / wheels (ie stupidly big!) combo they look the business. Also looked at the Nissan Murano / Infiniti offroader out there. Very nice, ought to bring it out here! Finally, had a look at the 350Z too at deal (in Track spec with gold brembos..lovely). Trying to talk my Mum (who lives out there) into one.

chrisp 19 May 2003 01:06 PM

Saw the one at the Motorshow and I wasnt impressed, a 996T for me please.

MarkCSC 19 May 2003 01:21 PM

Chrisp, most people who would buy one would probably have a 996T or used to before their kids got too big.

JohnMcC 19 May 2003 02:00 PM

Saw a cayenne a few weeks ago in Spain parke behind a Z4. The porsche looked awful...the Z4, however, did look quite interesting........

camk 19 May 2003 02:34 PM

I was overtaken by one coming out of a 80kmph roadworks zone a couple of weeks back, very very quick acceleration for its size. I'm sure the looks grow on you but its no oil painting from the front. Especially when its bearing down on you in the outside lane ;)

Stevie 19 May 2003 02:35 PM

Ive seen a couple now. Nowhere near as bad in the flesh.
Still think the Toerag is less unpleasant. (Skightly biased though:))

Regacy 19 May 2003 03:42 PM

Ugly arse though, don't you think?

MARK MORRIS 19 May 2003 04:45 PM

saw one saturday on the way to castle combe, ugly
mark

ian_sadler 19 May 2003 05:35 PM

Saw the one at the Motorshow and I wasnt impressed
Me neither

AbnormalAnimal 19 May 2003 11:37 PM

There's been one outside the Porsche garage in Kendal for the last week, looks almost as big as my sprinter van!!

Fecking ugly thing tho'