ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Enter the Matrix - PC game - FOR SALE (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/210153-enter-the-matrix-pc-game-for-sale.html)

marxsmann 17 May 2003 12:40 PM

One day old - used once.

£22 including P+P

marc.mann@ntlworld.com

BuRR 17 May 2003 12:41 PM

I take it you don't like it, then?

marxsmann 17 May 2003 12:57 PM

no it just doesn't work on my PC :(

Popeye P1 17 May 2003 01:48 PM

Give you a tenner for it

Scot123 17 May 2003 05:49 PM

Having serious probs with it as well. Can't get past the options set up screen. All the option 'pull downs' and sliders seem to be floating out of place on the screen and there are no buttons visible for saving and playing etc???

Anybody else had these probs?

fitzscoob 17 May 2003 06:39 PM

you peeps made sure all your drivers are up to date, especially direct x?

marxsmann 17 May 2003 07:38 PM

all my drivers are up to date. The game is fine until you start to move around. The game then becomes really jerky as if the FPS is dropping really low. I can run GTA Vice City or BF1942 all day long at 1600x1280 without any slow down. I've got a decent PC. Even running this game at 800x600 with particle limit set very very low it is still the same. I can't be arsed with the hassle. The game aint that good anyway. Tis on Ebay now :)

Marc

beemerboy 18 May 2003 06:06 PM

take it back, man.

i would.

these developers are taking the pish now, with minumum system req's!!!

get your dosh back, seriously

BB:)

Scot123 18 May 2003 06:21 PM

Got it working now after downloading a patch. **** me its just out aswell:(

P1 Enthusiast 18 May 2003 07:56 PM

I actually disagree, would really like to see games developers force people away from their Geforce 2 MXs so that the top end cards can be utilised to their fullest.

I dont agree with forcing people into 1000 quid PCs but it would be nice to see PC games really shine above their limited console brothers.

I think Doom 3 will do this :)

super_si 18 May 2003 08:02 PM

ahem** wheres me copy ;)

Mungo 18 May 2003 08:05 PM

Can you post the URL from which to download the patch? I've got the same problems with a very good PC :(

Scot123 19 May 2003 06:37 AM

Mungo its here..

http://www.atarisupport.com/faq/enterthematrix_pc.asp

Steve Perriam 19 May 2003 08:05 AM

surprised people having these probs if your pc's are averagely good ??

wot spec pc's you guys got ?

i've only got an amd 1700+ which wont even run at full speed due to 'issues' (currently running at about 1100), 256mb ram and an old old 32mb Ge Force 256 Pro graphics card :rolleyes:

i got ETM on sat and loaded it up - tweaked a few of the settings on that opening screen to give me MORE detail etc as i always try to play stuff on max detail etc til my machine wont - then i lower settings til its playable.

not a problem........very playable and i for one am enjoying the game muchos :D :D :D

now my machine point blank refused to load even a demo on Splinter Cell, another game i would have bought.

i agree tech specs of games are getting slightly ridiculous. but you cant aim to force everyone to have a brand new £400 graphics cards......you would end up with a very small market for your game if you tried ! i'm just looking to upgrade my pc, if not end up with a complete new one but it certainly will not have a £400 graphics card which will be bettered by summat else in about 3 months !

Agree on Doom3 - from benchmarks i've seen on the net that could well require a mega pc full stop, not just a state of the art graphics card.

ETM is the 1st game i've ever seen to state your hard drive should run at a minimum 7200rpm :o :o 4 discs........4.3 gig hard drive space and it says you need a 36 speed cd rom !! and preferably a 1.2ghz processor and 256mb ram....so my machine is minimum spec for it and its fine.....no slow down, no glitches - well not yet anyway...

i did not have to update any drivers.....just let the cd's install DX9.

Taken from the offical website........pc specs....

To run Enter the Matrix, you must have:

Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon or Duron 800 MHz computer
Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, or XP
128MB of RAM
4.3 GB of hard drive space
A 4X CD-ROM drive
A 32MB NVidia GeForce 256 or ATI Radeon 8500*
A Windows-compatible sound card*

* Compatible with DirectX 9 or higher

Although the game will run with the system mentioned above, its performance may suffer under certain conditions. A system that has the following devices will run the game very well under most if not all conditions:

A 1.2 GHz Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon processor
256MB of RAM
An 8X CD-ROM drive
A 64 MB NVidia GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 or better video card*
A Sound Blaster Audigy series Sound card

Steve

Neanderthal 19 May 2003 08:11 AM

The thing I find funny is that you can run the game on a PS2 or Xbox direct from the DVD, have no framerate issues and looks superb (yes I know it's at a lower resolution). I'm going to try it out on Xbox & PC to see which has the most intuitive control system cause I find some games suit the Xbox controller whilst others suit the tried and tested mouse & keyboard.

andrewdelvard 19 May 2003 11:58 AM

Besides having to load it twice I've also had sound probs just as the game begins for a couple of seconds and sometimes it won't let me quit! So I have to press cont-alt-del. Besides that it's been running like a dream. Quite impressed with it myself.

marcmann 19 May 2003 03:54 PM

its just frustrating when you have a high spec pc - you buy a game and you have to spend hours configuring this and configuring that. You don't have to do that with consoles. It just does my head in.

ozzy 19 May 2003 04:01 PM

what's more frustrating is you have to spend hundreds of pounds upgrading your PC, just to run a £40 game :(

surely someone's on the make :rolleyes:

Scot123 19 May 2003 04:44 PM

Would it not be easier if the developers could release two versions of a game? One for low spec pcs and one for high end jobs meaning you could run some of the new games on an older spec machine that other wise wouldn't run...

I've just upgraded my machine from a P3 550 which I've had for five odd years to a serious spec but then again I don't intend to upgrade again for another five years. Maybe.

Steve Perriam 19 May 2003 04:58 PM

lol, tis the ways of pc's and games.

whether or not its rite is irrelevant tbh.

i remember having to upgrade my pc with an extra 2mb of ram when i got the shareware episode of Doom all those years ago !! took my machine at the time, a 386 sx-25 iirc from 2b to 4mb :o

dont think it would be viable to release 2 different versions of a game - but basically you get that anyway and more by games allowing you to tweak so many settings around detail levels / filtering / shading / voice channels / eax etc etc etc

Mungo 19 May 2003 10:28 PM

My PC's a virtually brand new 3.06 GHz Pentium 4, 512 Mb RAM, 128Mb GeForce graphics card, 52x CD-ROM - i.e. it really ought to work with no problems!!!

Steve Perriam 20 May 2003 09:09 AM

have you downloaded the patch ?

i updated mine last nite.

well my pc is well below that spec and it works very well even tweaking detail stuff upwards.