ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone ever thought of an innovative way to improve car security? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/208694-anyone-ever-thought-of-an-innovative-way-to-improve-car-security.html)

south-star 13 May 2003 02:47 PM

Just following on from another thread,has anyone thought of,or even developed and installed an innovative way of protecting your car.

I've often thought having part of the electronics/ignition set in your key could be a good idea.Just like you take the front of your cd player with you to stop it getting nicked,how about taking part of the electronic ignition with you?

EvilKyote 13 May 2003 02:51 PM

Heh,

Take the accelerator pedal or entire gear stick with you :D

Just make sure you don't loose it!

Or you could take all the spark plugs out :P

BuRR 13 May 2003 02:52 PM

Isn't that how modern immobilisers work?

midget1500 13 May 2003 03:14 PM

i have. and no, i'm not telling you how, but needless to say it has stopped at least 2 attempted thefts.

my advice? install a good security system and *THEN* add something of your own to add a twist, i.e. hidden switches, fuel cutoff, hydraulic line lock...take your pick as to how far you want to go.

Clarebabes 13 May 2003 03:19 PM

Doesn't stop them causing damage though does it. They are more likely to take their aggression out on the paintwork and windows if they can't drive the thing away.....

Best thing I've seen is the system which lets them start driving and then locks all the doors and sounds the alarm when they get halfway down the street. They can't run away can they?

EvilKyote 13 May 2003 03:20 PM

You have to input a security code when getting in otherwise you get a lethal injection through the seat :D

CarpetCleaner 13 May 2003 03:29 PM

remove HT lead between coil and distributor

feck em, theiving wankers

SWRTWannabe 13 May 2003 04:18 PM

Mr Bean's idea was good - remove the steering wheel :D

JayPSC 13 May 2003 04:53 PM

Best thing I've seen is the system which lets them start driving and then locks all the doors and sounds the alarm when they get halfway down the street. They can't run away can they?
Nah the best one I've seen does all of the above then proceeds to fire thick smoke from the air vents :D:D:D

greg.g 13 May 2003 05:06 PM

Jay
Dr clifford fits the smokey ones:cool:

Another idea is to swap two of the plug leads over-
Car wont start:D:D

Greg:)

TopBanana 13 May 2003 05:06 PM

Diesel badge on the back? Blue light on the top?

mattstant 13 May 2003 05:17 PM

Toyota soarer badge on the back :D:D

allright allright i'm already wearing it

any one got a smiley putting its coat on i could getsome use out of it

Flat 4x4 13 May 2003 05:18 PM

Personalise you car alarm warning with -

"Get back yer ******* or I'll break yer legs"

Quote from Max the doorman (Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights)
and that was on a china blue Volvo 244

beemerboy 13 May 2003 05:21 PM

can anyone actually start a midget1500
you could run after them if they nicked it LOL.

BB:)

Just kidding, wouldn't wish a vehicle theft on anybody!!

south-star 13 May 2003 05:43 PM

Loads of good suggestions there:rolleyes:..

LanciaChris 13 May 2003 08:53 PM

Batmobile style shields. And machine guns that track people going past your car.

My cars alarm is too bloody sensitive - it goes off in heavy rain!

Ray_li 14 May 2003 06:02 PM

A LCD Windscreen (LCD windows all round). It turns black when the alarm goes off, stops the person looking out the car or looking in the car. :) Raymond S.W. Li Design copyright 2002 :D:D

who want to buy my design off me?

eddie h 14 May 2003 06:13 PM

I thought about putting on of those passive infa red detectors from an house alarm in the car.

The wireless type before you ask.

car gets broken into, car alarm goes off, house alarm goes off entire street wakes up.

But i couldn't be bothered.

Ray_li 14 May 2003 06:34 PM

120db (120db is the BSS) alarm (just like the rape alarms) speakers in the headrest. goes off with the alarm. Right by the persons ears. :)

B4 you guys start worshipping me, thinking of new products is my game :D

Ray. as you know. I have the copyright :D

apples24 14 May 2003 06:51 PM

a mate has a hoop cemented into his drive, huge bike lock go's through spokes of the wheel and locks to floor, then car has 3 different locking wheel nuts, iron gates welded so cant be lifted off, locked with a bike D lock

SkodaMan 14 May 2003 07:18 PM

a mate has a hoop cemented into his drive, huge bike lock go's through spokes of the wheel and locks to floor, then car has 3 different locking wheel nuts, iron gates welded so cant be lifted off, locked with a bike D lock
So what about when he parks at work, or in Tescos or something? It's good to take precautions like that, but the most likely way of nicking a car with any halfway decent immobiliser is to steal the keys.

Apparently, Audi's new fingerprint recognition system has deliberately been designed not to be a security feature, for fear of drivers being kidnapped, or worse, having their thumbs hacked off by carjackers.

Good one in Auto Express this month - it's a transponder that immobilises your car when you're not within 30 feet. The transponder could be carried in your wallet or whatever, separate to your keys.

Or more original - how about a system that shuts off the fuel line on a coded command issued by text message?

[Edited by SkodaMan - 5/14/2003 7:22:03 PM]

redwrx 14 May 2003 07:23 PM

Ive got a snap-off steering wheel kit on my scoob .... if i get out, steering wheel comes with me ..

Anyone gonna take it now, needs a tow truck ...and if they turn up with a tow truck .... the want it big time ...

deters joy riders..

RON 14 May 2003 07:24 PM

I can see it now, I'm 29 feet away from my car asleep, with transponder in my traouser pocket, somone gets into the car and drives off, I guess I'd have to sleep in the back bedroom and not the front!!!

Spoon 14 May 2003 10:09 PM

Just buy a Scooby, it won't go far before it breaks down.

SkodaMan 14 May 2003 11:06 PM

I can see it now, I'm 29 feet away from my car asleep, with transponder in my traouser pocket, somone gets into the car and drives off, I guess I'd have to sleep in the back bedroom and not the front!!!
LOL! You sleep in your trousers?

I believe it also immobilises the car as soon as it comes to a halt and the transponder is outside the range.

lpski1 15 May 2003 12:13 AM

Buy a Rotteweiler, one that loves your car so much he wont chew it, and make it his home, no problems with leaving the windows open.

Train it to only take food from its owner and best mate :D Joyriders.... yeah two with chips please. !!! woof woof :D :D