ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Anyone remember Stunt Car Racer (Amiga, ST, etc) (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/208624-anyone-remember-stunt-car-racer-amiga-st-etc.html)

DazV 13 May 2003 12:25 PM

Turns out Geoff Crammond (of formula one grand prix fame) has decided to do a re-make of Stunt Car Racer as his next game

Don't know 'bout anyone else but I always thought this was a masterpiece!!

-DV

[Edited by DazV - 5/13/2003 12:26:10 PM]

BuRR 13 May 2003 12:34 PM

One of the first true multiplayer games.

well..... two player ;)

DJ Dunk 13 May 2003 12:34 PM

Classic game. One of the first 3D driving games wasn't it ?

Or am I thinking of something else ? The one with the replays and loop-the-loops ?

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 5/13/2003 12:36:13 PM]

Dave_A 13 May 2003 12:38 PM

Absolutely loved this game on the Atari ST. Played it to death. IT was one of the first games to have a real depth of field, and of challenge. I heard a rumour that its was being redone for the PC/PS2/xBox generation. Be interesting to see if they do.
Cheers
Dave Adams

=========================================
email ::::: dave@scoobyphotos.com

Dave_A 13 May 2003 12:39 PM

DJ, you may be thinking of Test Driver, which you could play in the arcades. Stunt Car Racer was on rasied tracks, so if you fell off the edge, you, er, fell off the edge. :D

Cheers
Dave Adams

email ::::: dave@scoobyphotos.com

DJ Dunk 13 May 2003 12:52 PM

Ahaah, now I remember :D

http://mo5.com/gamepatria/images/ata...tunt/yahou.png

Think I was thinking of Hard Drivin' :)

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 5/13/2003 12:55:36 PM]

NACRO 13 May 2003 01:15 PM

Roller Coaster track was pure class.

scooby nutter 13 May 2003 01:15 PM

What a top game that was.
I think i still have it for the ST:):)

DazV 13 May 2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

"Geoff Crammond confirms that he is currently working on a sequel to the influential Commodore 64 game Stunt Car Racer.

UK-based developer Geoff Crammond, who is best known for his successful Grand Prix series of PC racing games, has recently announced that his current project is a sequel to the Commodore 64 racing game Stunt Car Racer. Currently known as Stunt Car Racer Pro, the game is described as a radical evolution of the original game, and it is currently scheduled for release sometime in 2004.

"A sequel or upgrade to Stunt Car Racer has been suggested by various third parties over the years, but I could never agree to anything which didn't have my complete involvement at every level," said Crammond. "My commitment to Formula 1 simulations over the past few years was very intensive and just didn't allow me to work on any other projects. Now, the time seems just about perfect to produce Stunt Car Racer Pro."

"A new version of Stunt Car Racer is one of the most anticipated driving games ever," said John Cook, Crammond's business manager. "The game has exceptionally high brand recognition among opinion formers and we have a new take on multiplayer/Internet play which will make Stunt Car Racer Pro a genuine AAA title next year."

It's not yet been confirmed which platforms Stunt Car Racer Pro is in development for, or which company will be publishing the game, but further announcements are expected in the next few weeks. We'll bring you more information on Stunt Car Racer Pro as soon as it becomes available.[/i]

towzer 13 May 2003 02:38 PM

Ah... memories, memories of a mis-spent youth and that feeling of dispair when you ran out of turbo/boost just before a jump or the crack mark that grew accross the roll bar bar as you trashed the car.

Phil

GaryK 13 May 2003 03:38 PM

Geez,

That guy must never sleep!, GP3 was something like 3 years of solid development work, thats commitment.

Dream Weaver 13 May 2003 04:40 PM

Still remember coming home from school for my dinner and it had arrived via mail order. Was late back for school after a good go on it ;)

Great game, remember that long straight where you had to hit the ramp spot on :)

Hard driving was also cool

PiNkEyE69 13 May 2003 04:57 PM

I'm still smarting from him canning GP4 for the xbox at about 95% completion

Hard drivin' Rocked!

Markus 13 May 2003 05:27 PM

SCR - Top quailty, I remember palying it linked with my mate, awesome fun!

Hard Drivin was cool too, I still pop down the arcade once in a while and give it a go, just so I can complete it, excellent fun

Tim-Grove 13 May 2003 05:40 PM

Me and my cousin had Amiga/ST linkup matches on SCR and Armageddon great laugh.:D

AllanB 13 May 2003 09:35 PM

Wow I loved that game ! It was one of the funniest game sever and had me in stitches.

AllanB

john_s 13 May 2003 09:48 PM

Fantastic game. The guy is a genius.

scheduled for release sometime in 2004
So it's going to be out 2005 then? :D

Fortunately his stuff is worth waiting for.

John.

igratton 14 May 2003 01:39 PM

What a top game...

really can't wait for this. Anyone found any news updates or work in progress screens ????

Ian.