ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Bristol,Yate area meeting for Japfest? (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/207744-bristol-yate-area-meeting-for-japfest.html)

MartG 10 May 2003 07:18 PM

Just wondering if there is a meet in Bristol/Yate area to drive up to Cross Hands Pub where I believe everyone is meeting before converging on Castle Coombe or do I make my own way to Cross Hands and get called a billy no mates as I pull into car park in a one car convoy. Cheers Martin :rolleyes:

scoobdoo 10 May 2003 09:33 PM

The Devon/Cornwall lot are meeting at Gordano services at about 7.40am, I believe some of the Bristol lads are going to meet us there. We will then convoy up to the Crosshands.

MartG 10 May 2003 10:04 PM

I take it you'll be coming up to M5/M4 interchange at about 8.00-8.15 then,could always tag on end when you all come past,should hear you approaching!! Might even drop down to Gordano for 7.40 meself yet,Cheers Martin

Tracey 11 May 2003 01:00 PM

There was also a mention of some Yate lot having brekkie in a cafe in Yate somewhere, don't know if they are still going ahead with it.

I will bring this thread to their attention.

Cheers

Tracey

MartG 11 May 2003 08:06 PM

Cheers Tracey,my good lady seems to like the sound of brekkie,one less thing to sort before leaving.Just hope its still happening and I find out where it is. Martin

SUTTS 11 May 2003 10:50 PM

Also think B'fast is a good idea especially for those of us setting off at 6 from Plymouth, have to sort something

Tracey 12 May 2003 01:42 PM

MartG,

I have asked the Yate massive leader of brekkie to let you know, he said he will try and post it up later. He is going to speak to cafe owner later to see if they will open up at 7 am to cater for you all, thats providing he gets enough interest.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Tracey

MartG 12 May 2003 06:27 PM

Thanks,will keep checking on here :)

Tracey 12 May 2003 09:14 PM

ok, we are just trying to rally up the locals, to see who wants this.

Maybe have a better idea tomorrow, as they are a bit slow on responding (they need a kick up the arse).

Cheers

Tracey

babber 12 May 2003 09:25 PM

Hello,

Just spoke to the owner of the cafe, and he'll open at 7 am for us. Just turn up when your ready and we'll have a convoy from there to the Cross hands.

Right then all I need to do now is provide a map to the cafe. It's really close to the Cross Hands (about 5 mins drive) so in an idea position.

Thanks Phill

Tracey 12 May 2003 09:54 PM

That was quick, well done Phill

babber 12 May 2003 09:57 PM

Yeah Tracey, but the map is **** really I can't capture the whole map as it would make so much more sense....

Has anyone got a decent online map I can get the maps from ?

Phill

PS Breakfast group buy anyone ?

Tracey 12 May 2003 10:58 PM

Yeah it's not quite how it looks in real life but never mind.

At least you have told them to take a left by the memorial, then it goes up round a little back street doesn't it.

If they go past the Portcullis, then they have gone wrong.

babber 05 December 2003 09:42 PM

Right then, the cafe is the red dot on the map below, on Chipping Edge Indusrial estate, just before the Ford garage.

If you drive up Chipping Sodbury high street and go left around the war memorial and sharp right it's 50 yards on the left. There is a car park on the trading estate, and we should be able to get 20 plus cars parked that time in the morning ;)

http://www.babber.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/street.jpg

I'll be there and will take everyone from there to the Cross Hands ;)

Phill

PS this map is ****, as it almost shows the high street going straight on, and there no war memorial :eek:

[Edited by babber - 5/12/2003 9:44:32 PM]

MartG 05 December 2003 11:05 PM

Thats all I need to know,I've got four in my car just in case you need to let cafe owner have any idea of how many people to expect.I'll be there for 7 am'ish Cheers Martin

[Edited by MartG - 5/12/2003 11:19:15 PM]