ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Cov massive going to the northern big one, 15th June? (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/206820-cov-massive-going-to-the-northern-big-one-15th-june.html)

scooby_si 06 January 2003 09:19 PM

for those of u not paying attention the Derby lot r meeting as per:

Meet-up will be 10:30 at WOODHALL SERVICES (Northbound after Jct30 on the M1) so as to be North of where most people will be joining the Motorway. If anyone wants to join even further north then they will have to email me to arrange a contact.
Shell Optimax is available there, or you will need 1/2 tank (in a Scooby Turbo) to get to the re-fuel point (also Shell Optimax but others are available).
& doing a quick play on a route planner it's around 70+ minutes to get to jn30 i reckon we need to look at leaving local area at 09:00 so say meet circa 08:30 to leave at 9? As many who have dun local meets b4 hows about a meet at the Oriental inclined Cafe then down the A5 to M69 to M1 & up north :D
Any comments suggestions & willing people :p lol
Si

[Edited by scooby_si - 6/1/2003 9:20:24 PM]

greg.g 08 May 2003 04:22 PM

We may be interested in the camping option si:Dbut we would
have to set back early on sunday to catch a fathers day meal:rolleyes::eek:
Greg:)

scooby_si 10 May 2003 09:13 AM

i recommend setting up a fathers day internet card then off to the big one for fun :D lol
Any more with any preferences although i guess there will b a cross section going for the weekend &/or 1 day ;) so will plan 4 both those if that's the case???
Si

scooby_si 11 May 2003 11:12 PM

i really must read the other threads so i no wot the story is with options but in the mean time BTT ;)
Si

greg.g 18 May 2003 10:58 PM

Si
We have stuck our name down for the camping bit:D
Is anyone else going up from our area, and if so, any
thoughts on when to travel up on saterday.

Greg

scooby_si 19 May 2003 07:16 AM

Still been a lasy git & not investigated possibilities much, wots the story with the camping thing in terms of £ etc?
Si

greg.g 19 May 2003 05:00 PM

Si
£75 per night.
£5 camping, and £70 for beer and takaway curry;);):p
As far as i know, no arrangments have been made yet but they
need to know likely numbers.
We only fly back from zante on friday so we will be a couple
of bronzed greek gods:rolleyes::cool:

Greg:D

scooby_si 21 May 2003 04:40 PM

Lol u mean yer going over there for cosmetic surgery bit extreme ;) lol kidding :D
So only a few weeks off now, presuming it's in the main just guna be a drive up for the Sunday thing roll up people!!!!!!!
Si

greg.g 21 May 2003 04:50 PM

Are you not up for the camping party then:confused:

Greg:D

scooby_si 21 May 2003 05:25 PM

Dunno 2b honest may well do but aint tried pitching my tent ;) since i bort it nearly 4 years ago :eek: lol provisionally game but fort i'd gauge how many r doing what 1st (read kum on slackers get yer damn names down!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ;))
Si

spanner76 21 May 2003 08:23 PM

up for it si ,
spanner_man75@hotmail.com
can't post on spanner75 tonight?

Diva'sScooby xx 22 May 2003 10:56 AM

After finding out what the event is actually for "COUNT ME IN" as it all for a good cause :) My name is on the list for some reason:confused: :D but what the hell the american car show wont miss me this once ;)

scooby_si 22 May 2003 10:58 AM

Tell u wot buy me a Viper & i'll go in yer place;)
Si

scooby_si 22 May 2003 11:14 AM

OK well having a quick butchers on AA's route planner it reckons just under 3 hours & it looks like ppl are arriving between 11&1 so guess we need to be looking at leaving around 09:00 on the Sunday for those just going up for the day?
Will try & investigate possibilities for being er i mean doing the camp thing http://66.227.101.70/otn/happy/11zwinky.gif
Si

greg.g 22 May 2003 09:01 PM

Si
I wouldnt worry too much about errecting your tent.
Once you have done it once, you never forget;);):D
If anyone is interested in camping, perhaps we could meet up
with gridlock mickey in nottingham and drive up en masse:cool:

Greg

scooby_si 22 May 2003 09:57 PM

R u offering to give me a hand greg http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/co...tor/scared.gif lol may well do the camping thing thou since i usually have bugger all else on so WTF ;)
Si

scooby_si 23 May 2003 11:28 AM

Roll up roll up :D Sum1 seems to b scaring 'em off;)
Si

greg.g 24 May 2003 07:14 PM

Si
Have you heard anything from chaliewhiskey.
It all seems to have gone quiet on here.

Greg

Duracell 24 May 2003 08:05 PM

Scooby Si

Not sure for definate yet if will be going,no one from down ere in the South west seems interesetd as i guess its too far !!

However if i decide to go i would probably come up from Cornwall on the Saturday,stay overnite with family(in Birmingham) and would be looking to join up with anyone going from that area"IN A BIG CONVOY"early Sun.morn.

Will keep checkin the thread on here and keep u posted if going.

Met up with some of u guys at Jap fest from Brum + worcester area.

Regards Duracell :cool:

lordharding 25 May 2003 12:28 PM

Hi Duracell

Thanks for your support as a long distance runner

once the NBO is over we will plan a NATIONAL BIG ONE

if i can get 400 scoobys in a field in the north

you can get 70 in Devon/cornwall

Grilock Mikey can get 300 in nottingham

think if we get our heads together what we could do for a NATIONAL GATHERING OF SCOOBS 1000++++++ :D:D

See you at NBO HQ for a summit meeting:D:D

scooby_si 25 May 2003 10:21 PM

CONVOY ;) oh yeah baby i'm sure there will be covoys from the area on both the Saturday & Sunday & we're a friendly bunch so all foreigners to the joys of the midlands are welcome https://www.gamers-forums.com/smilie...ggrinyoyoA.gif
Si

scooby_si 30 May 2003 03:23 PM

may have to miss out on the Saturday thing as there maybe a piss up where i get sum good blackmail material for work ;)
Sunday still all good thou :D
Si

lordharding 31 May 2003 06:59 PM

Just like to thank you all for your support in making the NBO

the largest gathering of scoobs 399 registered

see you all in 15 days time
John

scooby_si 01 June 2003 04:52 PM

it's guna b early on the Sunday i guess but kum on Cov types i dont wana have to bully u @ this Sundays meet [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ;) lol
Si

scooby_si 02 June 2003 09:12 PM

OK **** mode on that meet is actually on the Saturday :rolleyes: so moving on driving on the Sunday a quick gander at main big one thread shows peaps turning up between 11:00 & 13:00 & doing a quicky on route planner shows it should take less than 3 hours, in theory ;) So still potentially leave circa 09:00 unless people wana leave later? If there are any people HELLO wakey wakey peaps :p ;)
So

Chod 03 June 2003 07:39 AM

Hello Si, where is everyone?

If, and I do mean if, I get my car back in time I will be up for the convoy (of two?) ;) to the NBO on the sunday.

Anyone else?

Terry

scooby_si 03 June 2003 08:13 AM

well i'm guna tie a few of em up & stick em in my boot at this sundays meet but failing that i will send out the mailing list trying to bend every1's ear :D
Si

msavage 03 June 2003 08:56 PM

I'm up for joining a convoy, but will be getting on the A1 at Newark, Lincs. Is there anywhere on route I can meet ?

scooby_si 03 June 2003 09:15 PM

er dunno if there is any services or owt we can meet at but i presume we will be doing M18 to A1 thing so if u can think of sumwhere shud b able to meet up :D
Si

scooby_si 04 June 2003 08:31 AM

the uglier scooby-si is talking about meeting the deby/notts massive which r going up on Sunday just after jn28 on the M1. He's a bit eager & wants to be there at 8 i convinced him this was too early & he's now looking at half past. Given it will take around an hour to get there from here is any1 game to leave that early, 07:30 or do we need to make any meets slightly later? ;)
Si (about to mass mail the local types!)