ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why do people do this??? >:( (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/206240-why-do-people-do-this.html)

Leviathan 06 May 2003 07:14 PM

I know its no consollation but just think, i if your alarm hadnt of gone off, they would have had time to go all the way along the side! They probebly do it cause youve got a smart motor and they 'avnt. Some people around are sad like that unfortunately for us!

evo kid 06 May 2003 07:17 PM

Know how you feel mate , had my evo 6 keyed last month , lenth of the rear passanger door down to the metal , cost £400 to repair though ....... well pissed off

TREG 06 May 2003 07:52 PM

Feel sorry for you mate.idiots.

Beefy 06 May 2003 08:00 PM

Aye same, major pi$$er tbh, my g/f had her VX drivers door done in the local shopping precinct just after she got it. Talk about ruining the new car experience ;(

IN THE STICKS 06 May 2003 09:03 PM

Hope they catch AIDS ...Scum should be hung

pslewis 06 May 2003 09:23 PM

Me too in Teignmouth, Devon Easter Saturday - they keyed the letters F.O. in my tailgate!!!

They take a mighty risk, unless they watch you leave and walk away and THEN do it!? Imagine if you just 'happened' to walk back into the car park????? Of course you can't beat the sh1t out of the little bu99ers - or you'll have to pay them compensation!! .... I honestly don't think I would be thinking straight as I dragged the little sh1t by his balls all the way round the car park!!

I am too old to shout if I see them doing it - I have no hope in hell of catching them - BUT, what I would do is act like I am going to another car and then get them .... I have played it out in my head loads of times!! There is always more than one, no point ruining a car alone!! BUT, I WOULD get hold of ONE!!

Pete

pslewis 06 May 2003 09:27 PM

Oh, yes, I meant to say as well.

My brother had his Volvo 'Keyed' all the way down one side - OR he thought he did!! Until he observed some weeks later a woman with a trolley running it all the way down another car!!!! which just happened to be beside hers - so she could get the shopping on the back seat!! :eek:

So, don't ALWAYS assume its a key job ....... could well be a trolley, someones zip on a jacket, a stud in someones jeans!!!

Pete

jameswrx 06 May 2003 09:33 PM

b*st*rds!!

My GTi-R was keyed down the length of the door parked outside a mates house. Nothing worse than the sinking feeling when you see that in the morning:(

Terzo228 07 May 2003 10:43 AM

i try and keep an eye on my one as best i can even though it's on my drive , it really should'nt be like this just for a car .

Popeye P1 07 May 2003 11:19 AM

'So, don't ALWAYS assume its a key job ....... could well be a trolley, someones zip on a jacket, a stud in someones jeans!!!'

As if Pete. LOL

Fat Boy Slim 07 May 2003 11:41 AM

Absolute Ba*tards people like that should be given a swift kick to the privates as punishment. My brothers FTO used to get keyed in Edinburgh loads by people like this. He gave up in the end and left is scratched it happened so much.......

integrale 07 May 2003 12:04 PM

they need their little legs turned round...

yoza 07 May 2003 12:08 PM

To answer the question....

JEALOUSY,simple as that!

jazwils 07 May 2003 01:15 PM

be thankful you didn,t catch them or you,d be in court on a gbh charge and they would get a slap on the wrist.Know how you feel,had my classic 2 weeks,all polished up,looked superb left the car for 10 mins and it was keyed from back panel to front wing,jealousy is all i can put it down to.to55ers

rb5 286 07 May 2003 01:21 PM

TB: sorry to hear that mate, there aint any justice in this world is there. hope the f****** die in hell.

i have seen kids riding on their bikes loose balance slightly and leave nice scratches along cars, u cant leave ur motor anywhere safe

Disco 07 May 2003 01:23 PM

Tw4ts, sorry to hear that Toby.

If only electrified body panels were legal!!!!

matt5cott 07 May 2003 01:27 PM

Gah, ive got a new car coming July, and this thread is making me crap myself :(

TBMeech 07 May 2003 01:58 PM

Lol @ Disco I thought about that South African side flamer kit thing for a brief second lol.

It's quite funny really, I've read this same thing happening to others on this bbs and you think ah that kind of thing never happens to me, famous last words - i've never had any of my cars vandalised before and its gutting.

But chips away type bloke is coming out this week so it could all end well as i've got a couple of stonechips which now really need fixing at the same time :)

TBMeech 05 June 2003 06:53 PM

Bast@@s....

2 years(ish) of owning my sti-v, never had any grief at all.....

Then - Park my car at my best mates house on Friday night, watching tv about 1am car alarm goes off, come outside to see a couple of tw@ts legging it.....can't see any damage (Alarm set to MAX sensitivity - ie look in window and it goes off!)....

Sat am, get up, feckers have keyed my rear wing about 12" worth, right down to metal :(

If i'd have got hold of them i'd have done some serious damage bunch of c@@ts - do these people have nothing better to do :(

[Edited by TBMeech - 5/6/2003 6:53:31 PM]