ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Rally graphics, cool or crap ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/202435-rally-graphics-cool-or-crap.html)

Ray_li 05 January 2003 01:53 AM

I think there is a problem with the above picture. Olny getting half the image :( I want the rest of it, so i can add it to my collection.

If possible mail me the picture PLEASE and more if you have any

[Edited by Ray_li - 5/1/2003 2:04:12 AM]

DavidBrown 05 January 2003 10:08 AM

Since then, he is after revenge. He tried it in this thread
haha. Don't flatter yourself Theo.

Sure, he didn't know that was my car ?
No, I didn't know it was your car.

1. I was replying to Mossman on page 1, and hadn't even seen the picture of your Scooby on page 2.

2. Even when I did see the Scooby, I didn't even notice it was on foreign plates, let alone know it was Belgian, let alone know it was yours. Is there only 1 Scooby in Belgium ?

I'm not going to trade insults with you. Just correct you where you're wrong/mistaken.

[Edited by DavidBrown - 5/1/2003 10:08:42 AM]

Richard Askew 05 January 2003 10:11 AM

they were the only stickers I put on myself LOL
:D Mind you if I lived in the land of Stella Artois I'd have trouble putting stickers on straight too ;)

[Edited by Richard Askew - 5/1/2003 10:16:51 AM]

Andy Porter 25 April 2003 11:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Been considering getting a few graphics on my car, similar to Wurzels, as the title say, cool or crap ?
My car now has a nice secure garage to live in :)
I was always worried about the attention on a public street.
My car is blue so I feel the base colour is right !

Any comments welcome!

Puff The Magic Wagon! 25 April 2003 11:50 AM

Its up to you...

I used to have "Puff The Magic Wagon!" in bright green across my windscreen, the wife hated it but it didn't cause me any problems. Lots of strange looks from people!

So, ask yourself, can you live with the attention?

Andy Porter 25 April 2003 12:07 PM

lol nice 1 puff ;)

If I drove around in Croydon with ' puff the magic dragon ' on my car I think the old bill would assume you doing a Zammo and pull you bloody car apart !

I hear you though, its all down to your own feelings on being noticed...

Steve777 25 April 2003 12:18 PM

They look great on a rally car ;)

Jen 25 April 2003 12:26 PM

I love them :D ...not sure if I'm brave enough to have them on my car though! :)

scooby_jim 25 April 2003 12:33 PM

Hmmm, I feel a "Max Power" moment coming on here :D

IMHO graphics should "stick" to rally cars only as already said, or for display purposes perhaps?!?

Jim

KaraK 25 April 2003 12:36 PM

I went along with a friend when he recently test drove an 03 WRX and that was in fully rally decals and it looked the puppy's.

We got a lot of looks from people driving around in it - not sure how it would pan out day to day but I think it could be pretty cool!

cheeseboy 25 April 2003 12:44 PM

Andy, if done correctly - with a specific time frame (I mean decals which were for a specific rally as Wurzel has done), it does look very impressive.!

like one of these I mean:

http://www.subaru-global.com/lineup/impreza/10years/wrc_10years.html

You will be stared at as you drive up the street - well for the first month, then people will not tend to notice you as much. Well this is at least what we have seen here with Wurzels. Besides, most of the gt´s / wrx´s and sti´s have bloody great wings and gold wheels - you are pretty much used to being noticed.

Get it done well, with attention to detail and you will be rewarded with a nice looking example. Go for it.! :D

Wurzel 25 April 2003 12:55 PM

clicky

St Andy 25 April 2003 12:55 PM

I just think it makes the car look like tacky **** really. PTMW, I can't belive you put that on your car oooooooooooohhh dear!!!

cheeseboy 25 April 2003 01:05 PM

Wurzels car:

rally design clicky... :D:D:D:D

NENO 25 April 2003 01:35 PM

Dude don't you dare, unless you've changed cars without me knowing ;) It just wouldn't suit your cars colour - it looks unique as it is.

Mike

moomin 25 April 2003 01:40 PM

Hi Andy

I assume you are the Andy on Ken's website? I'm the one below you :D

I was just wondering if you were going to go for the OE graphics or update them? I did see a full set of the originals for sale on ebay a few months back if you are interested.

rb5 286 25 April 2003 01:45 PM

yes do it it looks cool if u got a blue car

Puff The Magic Wagon! 25 April 2003 01:51 PM

St Andy

Horses for courses m8e - whatever rocks your boat I guess...

I imagine that some of your opinions or personal practices I might personaly find strange, odd or downright abhorent. Matter of taste I suppose & mine is decidedly odd :D

:p

DavidBrown 25 April 2003 02:02 PM

I think they look pants.. Being liveried up like a rally car is a bit lame when it's not actually a rally car.

Sunstrips like Puffs was OK, particularly as he's such a character and it's useful to be recognised by people who know him.

Each to their own I guess, but I do snigger when I see a be-stickered Scoob.

Rum* 25 April 2003 02:46 PM

ummmmmmm :D:D:D:D

http://www.rumbottle.co.uk/gallery/2...sured/1550.jpg

Rum*

cheeseboy 25 April 2003 02:52 PM

Nice - very nice.

ozzy 25 April 2003 03:10 PM

Rum's is more like a rolling advertising board. That's OK, but it's not my cup of tea either.

Stefan

St Andy 25 April 2003 03:12 PM

That looks foul, it's just too overdone.

kevin stanton 25 April 2003 03:23 PM

Rums car is so cool,
to be fair if mine was sonic blue instead of green, i would defo consider some rally style graphics.

:D

scoobynutta555 25 April 2003 03:32 PM

most definitely a crap idea

LB4 25 April 2003 03:34 PM

Do it if you want people to think "pratt!!" when they see you. :)

Wurzel 25 April 2003 03:38 PM

so many negative waves on this thread.

Andy Porter 25 April 2003 03:47 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, typical its my busy day at work..

Cheese boy and Wurzel-Thank you for the graphics guide, very useful ! To be honest it was Wurzels car that made me want them.

That is me moomin, I never liked the graphics on the car originally
the 555 didn't do it for me so the dealer had to hair dryer them.
I will go for the 2000 car graphics seen on Wurzels motor.

Neno, I thought you were going down your usual road of questioning my cars colour ;)

Puff-you said it m8 ;) :D

One last thing, I've been quoted £340 fitted incl VAT for the two side emblems, boot emblem, and sunstip fitted, sound about right ?

Cheers

NENO 25 April 2003 03:58 PM

Would I ? :rolleyes: :D

'Tis your choice of course. Why not post a pic and perhaps someone would photoshop the logo's on for you, then you'll have a better idea.

met 25 April 2003 04:25 PM

your car mate, i personlly like the idea, & they can at the end of the day be removed no? out of interest how much would it cost to do & where would do it?